[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Makes sure that nearly everything is practical and not CGI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: ChristopherNolan.jpg (1MB, 3250x2167px) Image search: [Google]
ChristopherNolan.jpg
1MB, 3250x2167px
>Makes sure that nearly everything is practical and not CGI
>Doesn't like deleted scenes and tries to make sure that everything he films ends up in the final cut of his films
>Prefers to only do 1 or 2 takes each scene to capture realism
Why don't we like him again?
>>
>>79070781
all that effort and no good movies
>>
File: 1397144159248.webm (538KB, 1650x928px) Image search: [Google]
1397144159248.webm
538KB, 1650x928px
>>
>>79070781
But I do like him. His movies are hit and miss though. Begins was great, Dark Knight was amazing, Rises was mediocre, Inception sucked, Interstellar was good.

His earlier work is mostly good too.
>>
>>79072088
>Inception sucked
It really didn't
>>
>>79072070
>well i'm dead or something now i guess
>>
Nolan flicks are the Swiss cheese of the film industry.
>>
>>79072088
out of that list inception and batman begins are the only decent ones.
>>
>>79072116
It did, the concept was stupid and the plot boring, the acting sucked too, Page is horrible and Leo was bad and I say that as a Leo fan, I fucking love him but he was off the mark big time.
>>
>>79072070
>prefers to do only 1 or 2 takes
OH IT SHOWS
>>
b/c his batman designs were garbage
the batman voice was hideous
the batmobile was a tank
his action scenes suck
>>
>>79072163
Nice fedora. Le dark knight sucks man.
>>
Prestige was wonderful
Insomnia was very good
Memento was silly
>>
>>79070781
>>Makes sure that nearly everything is practical and not CGI
IMO this can break immersion. i got this thought when i watched TDR and right before the cops/criminals clash when batman switches those tanks off it is obvious they HAD to use that camera angle because the batplane was a practical effect and thus had to be supported by some sort of crane. that scene stands out as a movie scene in regards to how unnatural it looks.
>>
>>79070781
>Doesn't like deleted scenes and tries to make sure that everything he films ends up in the final cut of his films
why
>>
>>79072277
Rises is just shit

TDK has amazing effects, especially that truck flip. Sure you can see the propellant underneath but so fucking what. Better than CGI by far.
>>
>>79072320
>Rises is just shit
agreed

>TDK has amazing effects, especially that truck flip
which one?
>>
>>79072427
The Joker driving that truck that Batman rides underneath and flips by wires.
>>
>>79070781
he's popular
>>
>>79072508
Just like your mother
>>
>>79072473
>The Joker driving that truck that Batman rides underneath and flips by wires.
ah just watched it on youtube, idd looks very good. but my point still stands:
practical effects are not always better.
>>
>>79070781

>Why don't we like him again?

Because the only reason people consider him a 'great director' is because he made some Batman films that didn't suck.

If it wasn't for his Capeflicks he wouldn't be anywhere near as popular due to his average at best film making
>>
>>79070781
Autists like the first point.
I like his portrayal of emotion on film, and how he frames drama.
>>
>>79072320
>Rises is just shit
>>
>>79072070
she lost her will to live
>>
>>79070781
>Why don't we like him again?
Because reddit and the pleb majority likes him. There was a time when we liked him but that was before they latched on to him. Now fuck off newfag.
>>
>>79072831
nice meem you get there broseph, mind if I email it to myself?
>>
It's the exposition. All that hamfisted exposition.
>>
>>79072169
Sounds like you're gay.
>>
>>79073012
Doesn't bother me at all.
>>
>>79073124
Good for you.
>>
>>79072239
Memento is his best film
>>
File: images.jpg (21KB, 332x443px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
21KB, 332x443px
>>79072209
The Dark Knight is amazing thanks to Heath Ledger. If Heath wasnt in it then it wouldnt be memorable.

Now if Heath didnt overdose on pills because he method acted so much that he gave himself panic attacks and couldnt get to sleep, he'd have been in The Dark Knight Rises and he would have saved that movie from falling to the lowest pits of Hell.
>>
>>79072070
I legit thought she was merely pretending and was going to stab him or something.
>>
>>79070781
His films are ugly. He also overemphasizes literary and narrative qualities rather than cinematic ones.
>>
>>79072831
Final 5 minutes of TDKR is brilliant. Actual movie in full sucks but the scenes with Bruce as a prisoner were great.

I dont like Tom Hardy's Bane. He is the weakest villain of Nolan's Trilogy.
>>
>>79073567
>he method acted so much that he gave himself panic attacks and couldnt get to sleep
people still think this meme is true?
>>
>>79073602
Ive only seen this movie once and it was back in 2012. If it wasnt for the memes, I'd never know that C.I.A. and this scene ever existed.

This movie was so forgettable
>>
>>79073648
How else did Heath die? I am pretty sure he died from pills late at night.

If you know another way he died then share

>mfw he is just hiding and will surprise us with his return in The Batman
I fucking wish but good things dont stay in this world
>>
File: images.jpg (24KB, 320x459px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
24KB, 320x459px
>Heath Ledger
>Paul Walker
>James Dean
Why do the handsome die young?
>>
>>79073637
>His films are ugly.
Why does he insist on using Wally Pfister every time?
>>
>>79070781
Only Joss whedon lovers dislike him.
>>
>>79072070
was this the first or the second take?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.