[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grand Tour Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: spooky haunted hamster.jpg (70KB, 1075x838px) Image search: [Google]
spooky haunted hamster.jpg
70KB, 1075x838px
Now that the dust has settled and the last episode has been seen. Let's discuss The Grand Tour.

I love the Top Gear lads but The Grand Tour needs some work.

Things that need to be dropped.
>The American who isn't funny
>Celebrity Brain Crash
>The scripted shit.

Now I know I know it was always scripted. But if the producers or directors had half a brain what they would do is social engineer situations that the 3 guys could improv and have genuine reactions to. The most I've laughed is when they have proper real banter and bounce off each other and I get to laugh with them and you can tell easy and sub consciously that it's real. The forced shit isn't funny and isn't going to keep people watching.

Discuss faggots.
>>
I mean, you've pretty much said it. The American dude is an unfunny forced meme. Celebrity brain crash stopped being funny by the second episode and the interactions felt too unnatural.
>>
>>79061152

>I mean, you've pretty much said it.

My most successful thread ever.
>>
>>79061152
It stopped being funny the first time they did it
>>
IT'S SHIT
>>
>>79061152
This.
>>
>>79061245

i-i-t-it-it's sigh yeah it's a little shit yeah..fuck
>>
>>79061004

Top Gear > Grand Tour > Nu-Top Gear

now Nu-Nu-Top Gear might have a lot of potential considering they dropped Evans and promoted Rory Reid and Chris Harris to main hosts alongside LeBlanc.
>>
>>79061283
this is accurate
>>
the american should be dropped, from a cliff. The stig worked because he was quiet but still interesting

While the show isnt that good, I believe they still need to find their rythm and shit, it was a big change and I hope for season 2 they figure out what works and what doesnt
>>
>>79061283

this video makes me hopeful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drKUptCXav0

it's exactly the kind of banter and car challenges they have lost on The Grand Tour

i'd never thought the BBC could make a better show than Clarkson and Wilman
>>
>>79061283

I didn't like them. They seemed to have no personality at all.

LeBlanc should be the main guy, he seemed to be the best.
>>
>>79061364

Compare the second half of the season (after Namibia special) to the first half, it was already an improvement. Now drop cringy shit like American and Celebrity Braincrash (which really everyone hates it seems) and the trio is gonna be great again.
>>
>>79061371
>I didn't like them. They seemed to have no personality at all.

u wot m8? did you watch Extra Gear?

Harris has such a passion for cars and technicality of it, and the way he can transport that to the viewer is probably only equalled by James May.
now Reid on his own isn't that interesting, but his banter with Harris was great.
>>
>>79061442

>extra gear

No I watched Top Gear, I wasn't aware that I had to watch additional programming to see them have actual personality.
>>
>>79061464

Still doesn't change the fact that they have it, though.

Also Extra Gear was a lot better than actual Top Gear.
>>
>>79061283
>and promoted Rory Reid

Yeah man I can't wait for some bix nood rapping in my Top Gear mmm thank you BBC™

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd_6P_AQj6U
>>
File: PCP top gear.jpg (295KB, 2050x820px) Image search: [Google]
PCP top gear.jpg
295KB, 2050x820px
>>79061004

Friendly Reminder
>>
>>79061531

>/pol/ getting buttblasted
>>
File: 624.jpg (48KB, 624x351px) Image search: [Google]
624.jpg
48KB, 624x351px
>>79061538
may is maximum comfy
>>
>>79061556

Why is everything /pol/ we're discussing a fucking tv show. Get out of my thread.
>>
>>79061538

accurate list
>>
>>79061556
>Beta male getting enriched™
>>
>>79061004
These three should've retired 5 years ago.
>>
>>79061640

Yeah so American, Brown arab guy and Darkie could take their place.
>>
>>79061582

any more episodes of reassembler?
>>
>>79061538
Quite literally this
>>
THE GRAND TOUR SERIES 1 EPISODE POWER RANKINGS

1. [censored] to [censored]
2. The Beach (Buggy) Boys
3. The Holy Trinity
4. Happy Finnish Christmas
5. Opera, Art and Donuts
6. Enviro-mental
7. Moroccan Roll
8. Past v Future

98. Dumb Fight at the O.K. Coral
99. Berks to the Future
100. Italian Lessons

9001. Operation Desert Stumble
>>
>>79061986

can you post the episode numbers aswell? i don't remember/bother with the original titles
>>
i was on the verge of dropping the show before i saw the james may ferrari vs ford segment, that was amazing
>>
in the latest episode the studio segments were actually funny for the first time

>Camera full on Hammond's face
>James scooping up the blood in the background
>>
>>79062381

that was pure car-kino
>>
>>79061283
Yes.
>>
After a rocky start they did their best season in a while (when compared to Top Gear).

Good shit
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.