[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A new low for them. Zombie sunny confirmed now.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 250
Thread images: 19

File: mam_dennis_itas.jpg (121KB, 450x315px) Image search: [Google]
mam_dennis_itas.jpg
121KB, 450x315px
A new low for them. Zombie sunny confirmed now.
>>
What happened? I don't watch it anymore.
>>
>If I don't shit on something I used to like then how will people ever know I matured?

This was a good episode.
>>
>>79060420
zombie sunny has been everything from s6 onward
>>
>>79060441
It's shit though. Simpsons tier shit this season. If anyone is being a contrarian it's you.
>>
>>79060490
ive been watching sunny religiously since 2010

New seasons are fine, the water park episode was 10/10
>>
File: 10-alex-jones-3.w710.h473.2x.jpg (118KB, 1420x946px) Image search: [Google]
10-alex-jones-3.w710.h473.2x.jpg
118KB, 1420x946px
>haven;t watched any of the new series
>no grief/anger/frustration asking why I still watch
its been bliss so far seeing all you moan
>>
>>79060464
S7 was way better than this. Even other seasons were mostly better. MaM is one of their laziest episodes.
>>
>>79060529
>one of their laziest episodes.
How?
>>
>>79060440
They don't even try anymore.
It's nothing but reused jokes, plots and parodies.
>>
>>79060514
>new seasons are fine

How? Drop of quality is very noticeable after S7. It's not even that bad up just this season being really weak and lazy.
>>
>>79060575
nah the waterpark episode was great.

the show is pretty fucking consistent considering its been on so long
>>
>>79060575
The only bad episode of season 8 is Charlies Mom has Cancer.
>>
I thought it was great episode, something new.
>>
>>79060599
>That hot dog was great
>The hot dog was pretty fucking delicious considering its been laying on the ground for so long
>>
>>79060441
Agreed, liked it.
>>
>>79060555
>a parody 1 year too late
>a shitty parody as well
>flanderiziton continues as Dennis is now unironically psychopathic and kills animals for fun
>ending is the same "lol not really it was just a joke" they keep pulling lately

It's their laziest episode so far.
>>
>>79060630
>pop culture mock episode
>something new.
not really. About as original as a family guy episode
>>
>>79060558
GUYS EVERYTHING MUST BE 100% NEW OR IT'S SHIT
>Forget any character development
>get rid of any side characters
>don't mention anything from the real world
>>
>>79060420
Phone call with Charlie was great
>>
>>79060667
>>a parody 1 year too late
Do you think the show is live? They air, write and shoot one season per year. How would they make it any sooner?
>>
>>79060724
No it wasn't
>>
>People complaining about always sunny doing a parody

Alright faggots, then "Hundred Dollar Baby" is a shit episode by this logic. Also that Ski one and the christmas one.

the gang tries desperately to win an award is also a parody episode.
>>
>>79060730
They don't. That's why it's a shitty idea to being with.
>>
>>79060749
They were all shit though.
>>
>>79060693
What character development? DUDE MAC IS GAY and Denis is a murder rapist?
>>
they should write again
>>
>>79060736
hmm
>>
>>79060791
Dennis going crazy is good. At first he is the rational one of the group, then it slowly gets revealed how cray he is about woman.

Not everyone wants to watch the same thing for 10 years. It's strange that you don't expect anyone to change after 10 years.
>>
>DUDE RASPY JEW VOICE LMAO
>DUDE IM GAY BUT IM DENYING IT LMAO
>DUDE IM A MURDERER BUT IM DENYING IT LMAO
>DUDE IM NEVER GONNA MAKE IT AT HOLLYWOOD BUT IM DENYING IT LMAO
>DUDE IVE BEEN REDUCED TO ABSOLUTE GARBAGE AND ENDORSED GUTMAN LMAO
>>
>>79060913
>half assing the show is a good change because it's still change
>>
Yeah, Sunny has officially gone full Community. If somebody told me that Harmon was the new showrunner I wouldn't be remotely surprised.

That said, Dennis and Charlie's "Yeah." exchange was pretty funny.
>>
>>79060947
Frank's spiral into trashness is the only good thing about the show now though
>>
>>79060966
>creating history for characters over 10 years and incorporating it into new episodes is half assing it
>>
Lost it at
>2 hours! Never moved! Never blinked!

I dunno what you fags are on about. This shit is hilarious.
>>
>>79061014
>implying this is what actually happened
>implying doing something and abusing it are the same thing
>>
"But remember, Maureen was once Dennis' wife!.. Vey niice"

How was that shit not hilarious
>>
>>79060514
I quit watching this show years ago, but every now and then I'll try to watch an episode. I usually don't make it past 5 minutes before i quit watching, but i did watch the waterpark ep and you're right, it was 10/10
>>
http://alexanderlozada.com/iasip/?IlRoZSBHYW5nIEdvZXMgdG8gL3R2Ly4i
>>
>>79061058
Yeah, that made me laugh hard as fuck. Idk, people will complain about anything. I'll agree the show isn't as good as it always was, but why would you even expect it to be? It's been a decade, a lot of the novelty has worn off, if they tried to do that same thing it wouldn't be funny anymore. There were definitely some lazy episodes in the last few seasons, but the overall the quality is still pretty good. Especially considering how long the show has been running. If you want to see a zombie, look at Trailer Park Boys. None of the episodes this season have been that atrocious (the singing wasn't THAT bad).

I do hope they stop though, I think this should be their last season.
>>
>>79060913
>>79061027
>>79060947
>>79060966
These characters never learn from their mistakes and they never change. That's a huge part of what makes them funny, you dump them into situations and watch them react.

Why is everyone on this site such a cynical dickhole? A couple years ago, everyone here loved the show still. What happened? Did reddit start liking it or do most of you need to hate it to prove how much you've matured?
>>
>>79061191
>t-t-t-the s-shows not shit, y-youre a-all s-shit
baka
>>
File: 1396249405768.jpg (28KB, 380x250px) Image search: [Google]
1396249405768.jpg
28KB, 380x250px
>>79061191
>A couple years ago, everyone here loved the show still. What happened?
Isn't that the whole point? That it became shit?
>>
>>79061191

the new seasons are fine. not great, just fine. as the show went on the characters started to get flanderized and act like exaggerated versions of themselves. mac being HAHA SO GAY is not unlike stewie suddenly being gay in family guy and a majority of his jokes being based around that. what made IASIP funny in the first place was that alot of the scenarios and interactions were believable (for the most part) and it never got too unhinged.
>>
>>79061209
Wow, sick burn.
Did I say it wasn't shit? You're all shitting on it by saying it should change, which means you clearly don't understand the fucking premise.

Wish I could be as cool as you, hating popular things.

>>79061232
Nah it's still the same. Every season is a mixed bag. Can be good episodes or bad, that's the way it's always been
>>
>>79061314
>get rumbled
>go on passive aggressive rant
lmao
>>
File: 1484475059663.jpg (52KB, 654x660px) Image search: [Google]
1484475059663.jpg
52KB, 654x660px
>>79060791
Watch the series. The progression from normal everyday assholes to where each character is at now is shown throughout the series. They're degeneration is one of the things that makes this show great. Each season the gang get's more and more despicable. Their schemes are meaner, their psychosis gets deeper, and their connection to reality keeps slipping further and further away.
>>
>>79060749
$100 Baby was alright, but that ski one was total garbage compared to Asspen.
>>
>>79061314
>Nah it's still the same.

Nobody even thinks that
>>
>>79060441
truth
Wasn't as good as last week's, but made me laugh out loud more than a few times without relying on too many callbacks
>>
I'm glad he's unJUST
>>
>>79061272
I get what you mean. Never caused too much of a problem for me though, he still makes me laugh.

I think every show needs to up the ante, I'm prety sure i'd be accusing it of being boring if they didn't but who knows really. Plus I think that was more the writing in of Devitos character, with him enabling the more wacky scenarios.
>>
>>79061341
>get rumbled
>Shit all over the place without making a point
That's an awful high horse you've got there, climb down mate, can't see you
>>
>>79060667
>flanderiziton continues as Dennis is now unironically psychopathic and kills animals for fun
I was watching the season 3 episode "fatty magoo vs the aluminum monster" the other day
In case you've forgotten (which you definitely have done to fit in), in that episode it is constantly strongly implied that Dennis is rapist. It then ends with him having a narcissistic breakdown, screaming at a model for being too fat, and bursting into Judy Greer's office in makeup, fake boobs and a dress saying that he's fixed their modelling issues

This is also after Mac and Frank open a sweatshop

Fuck off with your flanderisation bullshit
>>
>>79061373
>Nobody even thinks that
>I don't even think that
>>
>>79061409

by all means the newest seasons have good jokes and are still relatively well written. early on the show had alot more subtlety and nuance, for example dee, although desperate and insecure, was still pretty levelheaded and was the "straight man" to alot of scenarios

in later seasons she's just loud and uncouth and is shown drunk way more frequently. also BIRD BIRD BIRD BIRD BIRD DEE IS A BIRD
>>
>>79061449

ok but, having those moments every so often is what added that unique tinge to his character. it's not unique anymore and not a tinge. it happens like every second episode. that's literally what flanderization is
>>
>>79061478
In my mind that's the effect of like not changing though. Like the coolest kid in your school still trying to act the same 20 years on, it just gets sadder and sadder.

Contradicted my not changing point a little there but oh well.
>>
>>79061514
You can only hint at something for so long before it's a statement.

Mac IS gay
Dennis IS a crazy person

Flanderixation would be if Mac was lisping and waiving a limp wrist
>>
>>79061514
>characters slowly approach their middle-ages
>established very early on that they all idolise their youths and are all narcissistic
>become increasingly erratic
>don't actually act out of character
>"flanderisation"
yeah, no
>>
File: Maureen.png (402KB, 652x639px) Image search: [Google]
Maureen.png
402KB, 652x639px
>>79060420

>Whole episode sets Dennis up as a psychopathic killer
>Turns out Maureen just fell off the roof because she thought she was a cat

And we never got to see the new breasts.
>>
This was a really funny episode, this season's been better than some other recent ones

I like how they're playing w/ the format and stuff.
>>
>>79061514
this is literally the point of sunny. they've addressed. being around each other is bringing out their negative traits and warping themselves.

it's all headings towards the logical conclusion of them all ending up dead or completely miserable
>>
>>79061638
>I like how they're playing w/ the format and stuff.
Best part about the more recent seasons! We get a few experimental episodes every season.

I mean yeah they're hit and miss but it takes stones to not just do the same shit all the time
>>
File: Noo.jpg (15KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
Noo.jpg
15KB, 306x306px
>>79061448
Shouldn't you be scribbling the next 15 seasons of Always Sunny, Rob?
>>
>>79061649

i definitely get that but i feel like the transformation happened in a somewhat hamhanded way. you can still have major character developments with creative nuance. earlier seasons had jokes about their immorally sound decisions and instability, and in newer seasons their instability is the joke. sometimes instead of being clever the jokes seem shoehorned just to capitalize on them being sooooo crazy
>>
>>79061629

according to dennis they're not worth looking at
>>
>>79061649
>it's all headings towards the logical conclusion of them all ending up dead or completely miserable
I've always thought they'll just carry on forever. They literally can't be miserable, they block out reality. To be fair I never really thought about them all just dying though, that could be alright if they executed it well
>>
>>79061756
>sometimes instead of being clever the jokes seem shoehorned just to capitalize on them being sooooo crazy

The entire series has been predicated on this since the beginning. Dennis being American Psycho-esque has been an effective running gag.

I'll admit Mac being a total fucking idiot past couple seasons gets a little tired, but he's not as bad this season.
>>
look how mad redditors get when you have dissenting opinions

absolutely trigd the fuck up.

you dont belong here just go back already
>>
What joke from the past episodes will the next episode reference? I'm calling the return of Pepper Jack
>>
>>79060575
>Drop of quality after S7
Season 7 is the worst one though.
>>
>>79061756

i get that too. i mostly agree with you in terms of mac, who has become both incredibly stupid and way too overtly gay to the point that it's not funny.

i think dee has probably been dealt with the best, followed by dennis (who as other people have point out have always been crazy - look at when he was fucking stalking the waitress with dee and was ready to literally kill her)
>>
>>79061846
Embarrassing man
>>
>>79061808

yeah, the idea behind all of the characters is that they're not wound so tight/morally bankrupt. although dennis' emerging psychotic tendencies were more like a treat than a constant reminder. i feel like what made the characters effective is that they were -somewhat- relatable. even charlie who is poor, undereducated and illiterate had redeeming qualities and sometimes pointed out the inanity of the gang's arguments. i get that the gang is "slowly losing their humanity" but in a sense it feels like the writing is doing that aswell. the setting isn't as believable anymore
>>
While not as funny I do enjoy their more free form style episodes that when they try to act like it's still season 6
>>
File: 137444424344.jpg (5KB, 206x250px) Image search: [Google]
137444424344.jpg
5KB, 206x250px
>>79061449
>strongly implied that Dennis is rapist

It was the joke that he comes off as one, not that he's one.

In this episode he admits to haveing killed animals for pleasure. That's a psychopath.
>>
Honestly I enjoy every single Sunny season. I think 7 was a little dip but other than that they've been very consistent when it comes to quality.
>>
>>79062041
>It was the joke that he comes off as one, not that he's one.
>"Those words have never worked on me before"
you're an idiot

>In this episode he admits to haveing killed animals for pleasure.
No he doesn't. He killed one to put it out of its misery. He killed a second because he couldn't believe how easily the first died. He killed a 3rd and 4th to reconfirm. That was the joke
>That's a psychopath.
Dennis has been a psychopath since season 2 along with Dee. Do you not remember the season 2 episode where him, Mac and Charlie kidnapped some college kids and tortured them for two days? (Course you don't)
>>
>>79060464
Season 7 had The Gang Gets Trapped and Thundergun Express though
>>
File: cold blooded.png (1MB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
cold blooded.png
1MB, 1280x800px
>>79062098
Not that anon but you're way off here. The joke is Dennis is so borderline rapey and manipulative and what with his system and stuff that he comes off as an actual full blown rapist.

>>79062098
>>In this episode he admits to haveing killed animals for pleasure.
>No he doesn't. He killed one to put it out of its misery. He killed a second because he couldn't believe how easily the first died. He killed a 3rd and 4th to reconfirm.

I mean, you just reiterated he killed 3 more pigeons just because. While not exactly pleasure, is morbid curiosity much different?
>>
>>79061778
>that nipple placement
>>
For everyone complaining about Dennis being a psycho now, remember the episode where the MacPoyles took them all hostage?
Literally every member of the gang was willing to let the others die to get a better chance of surviving. They're all psychos and always have been.

How about the time Dennis convinced a girl he was her dead father's best friend in order to fuck her? And he only did that to bully Mac.
Or the time he was insulted by a hippy so he pretended to be a hippy just to fuck that guy's girlfriend, let the guy know, and then had the tree bulldozed to really rub it in.
>>79062178
>the "implication" never implied Dennis was a rapist
They've never pushed it harder than that. From fatty magoo they've established that Dennis has never cared about consent. The only difference is that now the other characters sometimes mention it too
>>
>>79062041
Does he say when?

we killed animals as a kid , most of the kids did and ended up fine.
>>
>>79062294
he's being an idiot
the entire joke of the episode is that cutting random facts together and ignoring other ones can make anyone seem like a murderer
>>
>>79062294
>we
subhuman trash desu, no i never killed animals as a kid
>>
>>79062294
>we killed animals as a kid
Speak for yourself, nerd.
>>
>>79062253

>They're all psychos and always have been.

no, they just don't care about eachother/are sociopathic. apart from the gag of dee pulling a shotgun on the others because she mistakenly thought she had stockholm, neither of them want to actually kill eachother in the situation. all of them were sociopaths at best.
>>
>>79060514
>>79060420
I hated later seasons but holy shit this season is actually good, episodes 2 and 4 were great
>>
>>79062294

No. We didnt.
>>
Enjoyed it, sorry TV can't into fun sometimes.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>79062294
>its normal for white americans to kill animals as kids

No wonder you psychos elected a reality show clown
>>
>>79062394

i haven't seen it yet but yeah honestly, it can't be that terrible. i can still enjoy things and critique them at the same time. i always say that the show's decline started at season 6 but despite this i've still watched every season but the latest and i enjoyed them. could their character development have been better? the theme? jokes? yeah obv
>>
>>79062328
>>79062336
>>79062370
>>79062437
Are you all vegetarians, then? Or is it OK when somebody else does the killing?
>>
>>79062437
>get pellet gun
>shoot some small animals

It's not that you hate animals, it's what you do with a pellet gun.
>>
>>79062437
ebin orange boogeyman xDD!!!11

stay mad sandnigger mudslime and stay the fuck out of my country
>>
>>79062481
>>79062484
Absolute STATE of Amerifats
>>
>>79062294
Well that's not normal, freak.
>>
>>79062344
>distinguishing between sociopaths and psychopaths despite neither existing on the dsm anymore and most psychologists/psychiatrists saying that they're the same thing
wew lad
>>
>>79062499
I know it's weird now. The point was kids aren't deep thinkers.
>>
>>79062478
Oh cmon you weird fucks killed them to see them suffer
>>
>>79062178
>pigeons

they were crows you fucking pleb
>>
>>79062478
I mean, killing animals for food is something, killing them out of curiosity (as a kid) is sadistic.
I shouldnt have to explain the difference to you.
>>
>>79062478
Yes, I am. But even my omnivorous friends never hurt an animal as kids, that's sick.
>>
its like clockwork on /tv/

last season the consensus was suburbs was the only good episode the rest were all trash yet now somehow that was a good year but this year its total shit and waterpark is this years suburbs
>>
>>79062507

>http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/features/sociopath-psychopath-difference#1

>A psychopath doesn’t have a conscience. If he lies to you so he can steal your money, he won’t feel any moral qualms, though he may pretend to. He may observe others and then act the way they do so he’s not “found out,” Tompkins says.

>A sociopath typically has a conscience, but it’s weak. He may know that taking your money is wrong, and he might feel some guilt or remorse, but that won’t stop his behavior.

this is the nuance i talked about. they oftentimes expressed remorse about certain things but it still didn't deter them from doing it.
>>
File: 1463319003031.png (394KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1463319003031.png
394KB, 600x800px
>>79062478
>killing for food is the same as killing for the sake of killing
>>
>>79062604
So, what's like clockwork exactly? Some of us having opinions different than yours? Weird how that works.
>>
My DVR didn't record it, instead I have like 4 hours of nigger movies with Sidney Poitier REEEEEE
>>
>>79062606
>webmd
stopped reading there
>>
>>79062619
you don't need to eat meat to survive lmao. just accept you are a terrible person already and move on
>>
File: 1396993991162.jpg (27KB, 387x461px) Image search: [Google]
1396993991162.jpg
27KB, 387x461px
>>79062668

when all else fails just disregard the source without any explanation
>>
File: missing.png (3KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
missing.png
3KB, 400x400px
[PLEASE DISABLE AD BLOCK TO VIEW THIS POST]
>>
>>79062606
>A psychopath doesn’t have a conscience. If he lies to you so he can steal your money, he won’t feel any moral qualms, though he may pretend to.
You mean like the way Charlie stole the t-shirt in "fatty magoo" and, upon Dee's outrage, casually remarks that he steals all the time?
Or the way that he pretended to have cancer to try and manipulate the waitress into sleeping with him without ever apologising?
>>
>>79062702

if at any point they genuinely express remorse for doing something bad, which they've done, they're sociopaths. kleptomania and manipulation is still sociopathic behavior.
>>
>>79062702
>>79062739

if stealing a shirt from a store and not caring is psychopathic behavior then i've known alot of psychopaths.
>>
>>79062739
Charlie never expresses remorse for stealing
Charlie never apologised for pretending to have cancer
You're not a psychiatrist. You're not qualified to make diagnoses
>>79062766
I'm just going by this guy's definition
They're all as bad as each other, Dennis is perhaps more focused/obsessive than the rest. But he always has been, that's not a recent thing
>>
>>79060420
>>first episode parody of the wiz
>>third episode parody of sitcoms and laugh track shows
>>fifth episode parody of making a murderer.

(>>third episode has a parody of tv news programs and UCF fighting. )
They are definitely running out of ideas and steam.
Three parodies in five episodes is way too much...

I liked season 11 but this season is pushing it.

Something tells me we are getting one or two more parodies of shows in the coming weeks...
>>
>>79060640
>food
>analogy
>>
>>79062822

you realized you are also making a diagnosis right? just because they didn't express remorse for those two things, doesn't invalidate all of the other times they expressed remorse for doing something and realizing what they did was bad. i don't need to be a psychiatrist to reference definitions to fit a character.
>>
>>79060575
Just because the quality isn't at its peak doesn't mean its dogshit
>>
>>79062888
>you realized you are also making a diagnosis right?
no im not, im pointing out your hypocrasy
>just because they didn't express remorse for those two things, doesn't invalidate all of the other times they expressed remorse for doing something and realizing what they did was bad
like the time that Dennis apologised last season on the boat? Or the time he was the only one who realised that breaking and entering was morally wrong in the episode where they broke into the asian family's house?
>>
>>79062914

>doesn't mean its dogshit

this

you are allowed (gasp) to criticize a show and still enjoy it. just because it's not the same perfect butterfly it used to be doesn't mean you can't enjoy it anymore. it doesn't minimize the previous seasons, they still exist
>>
I hate /tv/
>>
>>79060749
The ski one and the Christmas one ARE shit.
>>
>>79063014
are not
>>
>>79062944

at what point was i being hypocritical? if i said arguing semantics, like what we're doing right now, is stupid then i would be hypocritical. i'm not talking about the newer seasons, just 1-5 before the dramatic character shift started happening.

the idea behind alot of the things that they do is that they misconstrue it as being good. oftentimes they bail from a situation because they realized what they were doing was actually bad. just because they didn't apologize for something or make reparations doesn't mean are devoid of conscience, despite the fact they HAVE tried to make reparations with people before. my point is if being psychopathic means to be devoid of conscience, they are not that. this is a stupid argument
>>
>>79060749
Hundred Dollar Baby had more jokes that didn't rely on the parody aspect.

Most of the funny bits in this one relied on you knowing Making a Murderer.

It still made me laugh a couple of times but it did occur to me that this was more direct a parody than the others they've done.
>>
>implying new season isn't much better than S11
kys
>>
Saddest thing about this is that Bestet won't be coming back ever.
>>
>>79060441
agreed, best episode of this season
>>
>>79063067
You're being hypocritical by implying that Dennis is the only who fits your idea of psychopath despite the fact that objectively, he hasn't done anything more on that list than the other characters
It's a stupid argument because you're now realising that you've forgotten everything that happened that doesn't fit your idea of the characters
>>
File: child-wearing-sunglasses.jpg (38KB, 453x300px) Image search: [Google]
child-wearing-sunglasses.jpg
38KB, 453x300px
>>79063077

>kys
>>
>>79062914
It's shit though.
>>
>>79063116

i never said that. dennis is a sociopath just like the rest of them. try not to attribute other posts to me.
>>
Mac's impersonations were pretty funny.

I don't know, I still really like the show. What are some better comedies that are airing right now?
>>
>>79060420
Straight up an episode that was nothing but a pop culture reference and a character trait taken to cartoonish levels. It's a shame because the water park and the rebranding episodes were almost getting the show back on track.

I don't even remember when the characters on this show started turning into parodies of themselves, it's like they've lost all traits and just have the one thing taken to absurd levels now.
>>
File: 1485098886981.jpg (246KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1485098886981.jpg
246KB, 800x800px
>>79063077
This desu

Seasons 8 through 10 weren't as good as seasons 1-7 but they're still good comedy compared to nearly anything else on American television at the moment. Season 11 however was genuine shit and, if it weren't for the suburbs and the courtroom episodes, I probably would have stopped watching Sunny for good after that appalling display.

Season 12 is nothing special but it's a return to form at least. It's gotten more than a few laughs out of me which I honestly can't say Season 11 did. Now all they need to do is go back to the bar properly (instead of having one bar-based episode for every four gimmick/holiday/parody episodes) and stop having episodes that are cut down to under 20 minutes to squeeze in more ad time.
>>
>>79060575
>Drop of quality is very noticeable after S5*

Fixed
>>
>>79063272
I want to say the time I first noticed the quality drop was whatever season it was when Mac got fat. It got a bit better after that season but it never really recovered to previous levels and eventually started plummeting again.
>>
>>79063263
This is fair and accurate.
>>
Can we all agree that this whining aint helping and you are going to watch it anyways
>>
>>79063263
The courtroom episode was fucking awful,it's exactly the edgy cartoon people are complaining about in 12.

Gang Goes to Hell would have been a great finale. High School Reunion would have been too, and that's my demarkation point for the great seasons. So I guess second finale = second big drop in quality
>>
>>79063213
there are none
>>
>>79063427
>The courtroom episode was fucking awful
Fucking what
Uncle Jack carried the whole episode and made it fucking great
>>
Yeah, maybe you had to watch the show to get it, but I didn't and the episode fell pretty flat for me.
>>
>>79063427
I don't understand why people defend that episode at all. Charlie goes off on a complete tangent in a court of law about "bird law" and Pappy McPoyle's "acting" is the shittiest thing I've ever seen in the show. He was almost a mustache twirling cartoon villain. Not to mention the whole concept of his bird was some real over the top dumb shit.

I guess it's too late for the show to turn around now, there's too many people who enjoy what it has become and likely outnumber people who liked the earlier seasons so it's fucked and at most what little entertainment value we can get out of this is from sitting back and watching the trainwreck continuously grind on.
>>
>>79063565
I only watched part of Making and I still liked this episode. I got the wrestling part just from how much it was memed on here.
>>
>>79061731
Rob definitely sole my idea. I came up with the idea for the moms sitcom a couple of years ago on a Sunny /tv/ thread, and it was part of a big list of other ideas. The episode was too close to my idea for it to be anything but.
>>
>>79063565
Pretty good point actually. Why did they assume that everyone watched MaM and The Jinx?
>>
>>79063427
>>79063579
Why didnt Charlie do his classic southern lawyer schtick? it might have saved an otherwise awful episode.
>>
>>79063616
Because Chalies business man is southern, not the lawyer.
>>
>>79063331
Fat Mac season still had one of the GOAT episodes where they went to the psychiatrists. Was the fat mac season also where country mac came or was that another one
>>
>>79060490
>Simpsons tier shit

Dude, the show is down in quality but it's nowhere near that level. It's still the same show, just not as great
>>
>>79063650
that was way later
>>
>>79063610
Maybe they didn't understand that part of the reason their previous references worked like in the gang solves the gas crisis and the gang solves the north korea situation is because those were major global events that people will remember for a long time. Unlike pop culture references to things that have not even had a decade to settle itself in as a household name yet.
>>
>>79063650
It was really dumb and unnecessary to the plot to kill Country Mac. He could have been a GOAT recurring character.

Fat Mac season was still good.
>>
>>79061350
You're literally describing the process of flanderisation and shark-jumping
>>
>>79063650
I did like a couple of episodes from the fat Mac season. There's always the occasional good episode even in the later seasons but the overall quality is just nowhere near what it used to be and in some cases like the first episode of season 1 it's baffling how bad they are.
>>
>>79063579

>Charlie goes off on a complete tangent in a court of law about "bird law"

this is what i dislike the most about the current state of the show: pandering and reusing old jokes. yes haha the bird law joke was very funny but???? but what if we lazily rehashed it in a newer episode and expanded upon it??? yeah the joke was definitely funny enough to warrant that
>>
>>79063665
That's exactly the kind of shit the Simpsons would pull off though. Parody of something relevant a year ago and lazy writing. Classic zombie Simpsons .
>>
>>79063331
Agreed 100%.
>>
File: kkZdOQ4L.jpg (32KB, 420x474px) Image search: [Google]
kkZdOQ4L.jpg
32KB, 420x474px
>>79063601
ideas are cheap

actually doing it and filming it is the hard part
>>
>>79063729

i agree but to play devil's advocate it's supposed to be indicative of character development. was it incredibly heavy handed? yes
>>
>>79063610
>>79063693
I haven't seen the newest one yet, but The Thin Blue Line did the murder examination thing nearly 30 years ago and has inspired countless tv knockoffs. The form shouldn't be that obscure to parody
>>
>>79063788
They specifically parodied MaM and The Jinx though. The Yeah.. and the microphone/burping. It was just okay this is is now so let's put it in the show one year later.
>>
>>79063729
The reddit defense of Sunny's flanderization is "it's okay because they're consciously aware of the fact that they're doing it and do it on purpose". Which I guess on some levels is true - Fat Mac was an effort by MacElhenney to make Mac get progressively more disgusting, and they're spoken multiple times in interviews about seeing "how far they can go" with Danny DeVito/Frank - but just because it's intentional doesn't mean it isn't a disservice to the characters. Mac in particular, although Fat Mac was a funny gimmick, they've clearly turned him into something else not for the sake of comedy but because they literally wrote themselves into a corner and didn't really know what to do with him
>>
>>79063601
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rgo_nZZF4U

Unless you came up with it pre-Season 8, you're full of shit.
>>
>>79063854
what is a "reddit defense"? genuinely curious
>>
>>79063888
If you have to ask then you really should leave
>>
>>79063934
uhm why?
>>
>>79063954
Because I made up a word and I wasn't expecting to be called out on it.
>>
>>79063995
>le what you do you mean le reddit i don't understand!1
>>79063995
>implying i'm that guy
>>
>>79063995
You made up the word Reddit? Damn, you must be pretty rich and famous
>>
>>79064056
I got some hush money, Zuckerburge didn't do shit

>>79064044
Disregard this. I am that guy.
>>
>>79060440
They added "diverse writers"
>>
>>79064169
The guy who wrote this also wrote the black lives matter episode. Also he expresses his opinions on twitter.
>>
>>79064169
>Implying this is the reason
Nigga it got shit long before they brought the "diversity" in. It's a nice convenient excuse that'll satisfy the /pol/ masses but unfortunately it's just not true. Season 11 was some of the worst "comedy" television I've ever seen and that was before they brought in these female writers and directors.
>>
>>79060441
No excuse for being a pleb.

This was Community season 3 tier
>>
Fuck off haters.

Every new season, same shit. You fuckers were doing the same exact thing back in season 5 for fuck's sake. I distinctly remember people starting to shit on the show back then, specifically the Dave and Buster's episode (which is now considered a great episode by many).

The show is fine, rewatch the episodes a few times and they get better. I thought the last one was great. The only episode this season I really didn't like too much was the first one, and not because it was "political," but because I wish they used those black actors more than just in the mirror / few scenes.
>>
>>79061314
Fuck off to Reddit you worthless trash
>>
>>79061376
That's because you have no taste.
>>
>>79060420
Yeah?
>>
>>79064292
>You fuckers were doing the same exact thing back in season 5 for fuck's sake.
Yeah okay reddit.
>>
>>79064292
>I ... I still like it, I laughed out loud, why do they hate it? Maybe I have no taste and am a braindead plebeian? No... No it's /tv/ that is wrong. I must tell them in reddit paragraphs.

KILL YOURSELF.
>>
>>79064349
>>79064398
>>79064454

You are adding nothing to this thread and likely the board. Please try to do better.
>>
>>79064398
>>79064454
I've been posting on 4chan since before /tv/ was created. This was most definitely the case. 4chan is contrarian, things never change.

People were extremely upset with the Coors advertising in that episode, saying Sunny sold out and shit, there was a lot of butthurt in the episode thread that I specifically remember. But whatever, call me "reddit" again or say "kys" like an edgy 14-year old.
>>
>>79064483
>commenting at me without my permission

No. You should get the fuck out.
>>
>>79064545
It wasn't a good episode and it isn't a good season. Just because you're here that long doesn't mean you know what comedy is.
>>
>>79064579
>Not a good season
>Gang hits the road isn't a good episode
>The Great Recession isn't a good episode
>The Gang Exploits the Mortgage Crisis isn't a good episode
>The Gang gives Frank an Intervention isn't a good episode
>Mac and Dennis Break Up isn't a good episode
>The D.E.N.N.I.S System isn't a good episode
>Mac and Charlie Write a Movie isn't a good episode
>The Gang Reignites the Rivalry isn't a good episode.
>The Gang Wrestles for the Troops isn't a good episode

Literally EVERY EPISODE from this season is great.

Nigger, holy fuck you are retarded. Season 5 is pretty much the BEST season of them all you fucking retard.

How fucking new are you to Sunny?
>>
>>79064483
this is a good post, thank you
>>
>>79064646
I assume he wasn't talking about S5.
>>
>>79064970
The entire point is that people were shitting on season 5 when it was airing here, and today it's considered one of the greatest, if not the greatest season of the entire show.

Give it time. I usually don't like the episodes immediately after they air either, but with time, and rewatching them a few times they start to grow on you and become classics.
>>
File: on_color_large.png (25KB, 310x310px) Image search: [Google]
on_color_large.png
25KB, 310x310px
>>79064454
>>79064398
>>79064318
>>79063854
>>79061191
>>79061846

the reddit bogeyman strikes again
>>
>>79065027
i doubt it. That does happen sometimes but I really doubt it would happen here. This MaM parody will be even less relevant and funny as time goes by.
>>
>>79064292
>Uses the term 'haters' like some faggy youtube personality.

neck yourself you disgusting piece of trash.
>>
>>79062623
no its just funny how 'last season' was always good but as its airing its shit
>>
>>79065108
haters gon hate
>>
>>79065171
Who exactly is saying that last season was good? Season 11 is objectively fucking awful, 12 is definitely a step up compared to that
>>
File: iasip imdb episode ratings.png (37KB, 1900x598px) Image search: [Google]
iasip imdb episode ratings.png
37KB, 1900x598px
It wasn't great by Sunny standards but was still as good as anything on telly. There's been a slight drop off in humour since 8, but nothing too bad.

It's hard to judge it season by season after season 1 because every season afterwards is a bit inconsistent (esp. 7), and until 10 there isn't a noticeable drop off, but personally:

1>>2=4>5=7>3=8>6=9>10>11>12

Those are all opinions, but it's interesting to note that season 10 had about a third of the viewers as season 7 (the ratings peak).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_It's_Always_Sunny_in_Philadelphia_episodes
>>
Much better than S10 and 11 so far. I didn't like the wolf cola episode but the rest have been best IMO

Dennis' stare towards the camera was pretty creepy
>>
>>79066411
*Have been great
>>
>>79063779
It's not character development though, it's just lazy writing. Flanders becoming more of a Christian zealot in the episodes following his wife's death could be seen as character development except for the fact that now it's the only reason that he exists within the show, to the point where his other amiable qualities got downplayed to compensate.

It's the same here, they didn't develop their character traits over time, they just exaggerate their worst qualities over time so that they can be thrown into more and more crazy and over-the-top situations.
>>
>>79060420
If this show doesn't fucking win an Emmy after this, let alone not get nominated, I'm burning down Hollywood.

Fuck this gay earth.
>>
>>79066846
What really pisses me off is FX gets a new show like "Atlanta" which while good is nothing compared to prime Sunny. I feel like it only won awards because it had a black writer / cast and they wanted some diversity points.

That said, I still like Atlanta, but I don't think it's anything great.

IASIP deserves to win just... something at least.
>>
>>79064545
I've been here forever and I don't remember this.

I think it might have been a vocal, stupid minority.
>>
>>79067000
As an aside, yeah, you can tell the underab& by how often they pepper their shitposts with memes and buzzwords.

I didn't use to filter but it actually makes the board so much better.
>>
>>79062678
If you don't need to eat meat to survive then why are most vegetarians/vegans on so many pills just to live a healthy life?
>>
>>79067277
>so many pills

Not that anon but B-Complex and Omega-3s are not a terrible burden. Most meat-eaters could use em too.
>>
>>79067372
If you don't need to eat meat to survive then why are you taking pills just to get the same amount of nutrients as you would by eating meat?

Humans are omnivores for a goddamn reason, and it's cool if you want to kill plants as opposed to animals since plants can vocalize their pain and all but don't sit here and imply that people can't love animals while eating meat, that's just disingenuous.
>>
>>79067597
>don't sit here and imply that people can't love animals while eating meat, that's just disingenuous.

I did no such thing anon.

>>79067597
>if you want to kill plants as opposed to animals since plants can vocalize their pain

I personally draw the line at central nervous system fwiw

>>79067597
>If you don't need to eat meat to survive then why are you taking pills just to get the same amount of nutrients as you would by eating meat?

Because while I eat very well I want to make sure I get the nutrients my diet may be lacking in some way? Again- not weighing in either way, but lets not act like omnivorous diets are by their nature nutritionally complete. Tendies and Mountain Dew don't provide enough B vitamins either.
>>
>>79067668
Don't assume that just because I eat meat, it means that all I eat are tendies and drink Mountain Dew. Also, aren't most junk foods on the market made from vegetables?
>>
>>79067867
>Don't assume that just because I eat meat, it means that all I eat are tendies and drink Mountain Dew

Yeah, I didnt. My point is that many, even most diets of any stripe are incomplete.
>>
>>79062690
Not him, but he's right though
Sociopath and psycopath are the same thing, the former just being a term shunned by the psychiatric community, while psycopathy in indeed a well described mental pathology
>>
>>79062294
I killed one bird as a kid and now I'm a 22 yo KV with no friends or job.

Although i doubt the animal killing had anything to do with it
>>
I think the thing to realize is that they aren't in their peak anymore, but that doesn't mean they can't make good content. I personally love the last few seasons, they've really broken their formula a lot and made more experimental episodes. Lots of callbacks, but I don't necessarily mind that. It'll probably never surpass seasons 4-6, but that's okay. Still entertaining and funny.
>>
>>79060441
>stop disliking what I like!!!!
>>
I don't know why several anons cutoff here is Season 7, when 8 and 9 were just as good.
Season 10 should be the cutoff to decline.
>>
>>79068002
Yet the best diets are ones that have a healthy amount of everything; not ones that focus on one specific type of food at the cost of everything else.

A vegetarian diet can be just as unhealthy as a carnivorous one, especially when it's vegan where you're not only forsaking meat but everything and anything that can come from an animal because, surprise, a lot of food that we eat comes from an animal.

Hell, if you want to be technical, the dirt that farmers use to grow their crops is so rich because something died and got converted into compose, not to mention all the small creatures that are killed by wheat threshers and insecticides.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-11-29-21h51m05s722.png (1MB, 1200x738px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-11-29-21h51m05s722.png
1MB, 1200x738px
>>79063579
>I guess it's too late for the show to turn around now, there's too many people who enjoy what it has become and likely outnumber people who liked the earlier seasons

I've said this till I'm blue in the face. Since the premiere of season 1, my sister and I have watched this religiously. Each year it gets less and less laughs, and we look at each other and wonder what's happened to the show - then we hop online and it's getting more praise than ever, redditors claim every episode is 'the best yet' and it's got a bigger fanbase than eveer.

I rewatched a few of the early episodes (2-6) and it's one of the best comedies of all time. The decline is so rapid and steep, it's incredible. Anyone who says the show is as good is a fucking pleb cunt.
>>
>>79061191
>What happened?

They hired a bunch of minorities as writers because they noticed there weren't many. That's all it is. The writing isn't as great as it was and everyone here wants to blame it on them.
>>
>>79068954
>The decline is so rapid and steep, it's incredible. Anyone who says the show is as good is a fucking pleb cunt.
Kind of an overreaction when some of the newer episodes are still really good. No question the quality and care for each season has declined, but to say the decline is noticeably sharp is subjective as fuck.
>>
>>79068954
>stop having different opinions to me!
>>
>>79069126
Beyond The Gang Group Dates, The Gang Dines out, Country Mac and The Gang Gets Analyzed, there hasn't been a good episode in years, imo
>>
>>79060724
STOP SAYING YAH
>>
>>79069174
The episode in the suburbs last season was great
>Good night, black man
>>
Season 7/9 had some really good shit in it
>>
>>79060736
Did you see Making a Murderer?
>>
>>79069368
Oh yeah, that was okay. It was a return to 'classic' sunny imo. Better than most of the other shite

>that embarrassing Frog kid episode in the asylum
>that embarrassing last week's that I can't even remember
>>
>>79069174
The Gang Beats Boggs was fucking great, but that might've been a few years ago now
>>
>>79069368
SURPRISE, ASSHOLE!! I'VE BEEN HEARING IT THE ENTIRE GODDAMN TIME!!

Why wouldn't you say anything?

BECAUSE I HATE YOU!!!!
>>
>>79069431
8 from memory. Yeah that was actually allgood in parts. 8 overall was okay. It was the best post-s7
>>
>>79069174
I found most of Season 8 and 9 to on par with 7.
It's Season 10 and after where the decline truly starts. But even then it's subjective because Sunny is still top quality amongst comedies.
>>
>>79069456

Nope, it was season 10

>>79069431
>>
>>79069432
>SEIZE THE GAP, YOU COW!!!!
>sorry I'm late, but I HAD TO DECAPITATE THE ASSHOLE CAUSING ALL THIS TRAFFIC!!!
desu I kinda act the same as Dennis when I'm driving alone...
>>
>>79069174
>>79069368
Trial of the Century was another great one last year, and I really liked the Old Lady House episode just a few weeks ago.

The quality has been declining, but they haven't had a full season of shit yet. There's always a few gems in there.
>>
>>79061370
>that ski one was total garbage compared to Asspen
this.

Asspen destroyed the entire ski movie parody genre by being so good that it's impossible to follow
>>
>>79069581
Both of those were trash. Latter is high concept that didn't work imo

>>79069598
Ski was embarrassing
Same with that two part ending
>>
>>79069598
>ski movie parody genre
Is this really even a thing? That was one of the main problems with that episode, I felt like they were too focused on "cliches" that only really apply to 3 or 4 movies. How many "80's ski slope movies" are there?
>>
>>79069649
It's 'pastiche', where it isn't limited to one film, it parodies elements you know exist, bu can't pinpoint basically. An 'empty' parody
>>
File: clerks.png (553KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
clerks.png
553KB, 1280x720px
SEASON 2-8 > SEASON 1 >>>>>>>> (POWERGAP) >>>>> EVERYTHING ELSE
>>
>>79069763
Correct power ranking would be:
S1-S7 > S9 > S8 >> S10 >>>>>>>>>>S11
>>
>cat tranquilizers
>>
>>79060420
it was a good episode, that's complete bullshit. They just started off weak with the musical episode so now everybody feels the need to shit on this season. Waterpark episode was 10/10 and the Wolf Cola one would have been a decent episode even during seasons 1-7.
>>
>>79069763
>>79069968
4 > 5 > 3 > 2 > 1 >>> 7 > 6 >>> 8 > 9 > 10 > 11
>>
>>79069467
8 and 9 are still good but I feel like they're where the cracks start to show and the synergy between the members of the Gang starts to dissolve a little. 10 and beyond is where it really gets fucked up.

>Dee feels like she barely exists or is just there for slapstick humor
>Every single Mac joke has to do with his sexuality
>Charlie alternates between being too smart and being an illiterate paint-huffing animal
>Frank is hilarious but only ever gets like one joke an episode and spends the rest as an accessory to Charlie

Dennis is carrying the show rn, he's the only one who hasn't gotten significantly less funny/focused as the show has gone on. Everyone else is losing it and I feel like that's a big part of why the show is going downhill
>>
>>79060420

Didnt like the musical episode. Rest have been great.
>>
>>79070529
Wolf Cola episode was pretty funny but the pacing was really off. It felt like they should have been able to fit a lot more in than they did
>>
>>79060420
I tried watching whatever new season was added to netflix recently and I couldn't even finish it it while drunk. it was bad. They are probably a season behind too so I'm guessing the newest season is even worse.
>>
Only episode I haven't enjoyed so far this season was the Moms in the sitcom one. Otherwise impressive.
Thread posts: 250
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.