[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your absolutely favourite bad ending.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: the_thing_end.jpg (13KB, 650x365px) Image search: [Google]
the_thing_end.jpg
13KB, 650x365px
Your absolutely favourite bad ending.
>>
>>
>>79055942
>fall of Constantinople to Ottomans

Noice
>>
>>79055893
The end of Star Wars III. I know it's not a very good movie, but I feel like it was a solid ending.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCoZItw93sQ

>sound of the TIE fighters
>"Padme's Destiny" mixed with "Imperial March"
>Vader and Palpatine look at the construction of the Death Star prototype

>>79055942
No movie has ever made me legitimately angry, until I saw that Turkish movie about the Fall of Constantinople.

>Byzantines are blonde-haired, blue-eyed, decadent people who party all day, the women wear miniskirts and are modern western sluts (even though in real life they were very conservative religious greeks)
>Ottomans are good muslims who dindu nuffin

It was such a blatant, disgusting piece of propaganda. My professor showed it to us after a semester of learning Byzantine history, and I think he did it with the deliberate intent of making us angry (he's a deeply conservative man, probably wanted to get us mad at the turks). And worst of all, apparently it was very popular in Turkey (which has a population of 90 million) and much of the Arab world. So many people, being fed blatant lies....it makes me sick.
>>
File: sW8VsFg.png (299KB, 750x300px) Image search: [Google]
sW8VsFg.png
299KB, 750x300px
>>79055893
>>
File: jsa.jpg (121KB, 620x250px) Image search: [Google]
jsa.jpg
121KB, 620x250px
>>79055893
>>
First of all The Thing is a masterpiece through and through. The ending is amazing just like the rest of the film. Ambiguous endings work best for horror films, mostly.

Secondly, >>79056125 it's asking for a bad ending, not a bad movie with a good ending. Also SW III is a great film
>>
>>79056379
Two things:

1. Ep III has an objectively bad ending. The Jedi wiped out, Padme dead, Anakin trapped in the Vader suit, the Empire victorious

2. Ep III is not a great film. Don't get me wrong, I love it for nostalgia reasons (I saw it when I was just 9 years old, in June '05), but it isn't a great film from any perspective except maybe the music and set design. It fails horribly in terms of dialogue, plot, and characterization, which are pretty important in any movie.
>>
>>79056859
>Ep III is not a great film.
read it and weep
Even with dialogue issues it's a masterpiece.
http://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/what-the-seven-star-wars-films-reveal-about-george-lucas
>>
>>79056859
Anakin's fall was executed perfectly.
TPM
>You should be very proud of your son. He gives without any thought of reward.
>It's because he knows nothing of greed.

AOTC
>I was wasn't strong enough to save you Mom, but I promise- I won't fail again.

ROTS
>Attachment leads to jealousy. The shadow of greed, that is.
>What must I do, Master Yoda?
>Train yourself to LET GO- of everything you fear to lose.

I will never understand the meme hustlers who call the PT bad.
>>
>>79056379
>MacReady and Childs are exhausted and whatever gonna happen they are going to freeze to death
>dat fire sparkle all around the camp in the antarctic night
>dat ominous as fuck theme

10/10
>
>>
Sam Neil watching the film he just starred in playing at the end of the film because reality is collapsing in on itself and was from the very beginning and there was fuck all he could do to prevent it.

Jurassic Park 3.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.