[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/fmg/-Filmmaking General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5378.jpg (32KB, 780x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5378.jpg
32KB, 780x400px
The other thread got off to a terrible start, so let's try again.

What are you working on right now? What can you show us?

I'm gonna be shooting a short based on a one-page mostly dialogue-less script I wrote that's basically one long JJBA reference. After that, I'm gonna do a lightsaber fighting short.

None of these projects are particularly "professional" In fact they're downright amateurish but I haven't made anything in a while and if I ever actually want to make something of myself as a director I gotta get practice in where I can.
>>
Well I recently finished editing this up. It was an absolute no budget project shot in half a day with help from two friends but it came out alright. It's flawed but I like it.

https://vimeo.com/201528478/8cad29208a

I also wrapped post on a bigger project (20 people, small budget, shot Anamorphic) last night but can't share that yet.
>>
>>79056099
>>79056099
Nice, very nice. Might wanna work on your sound mixing, but it's a no-budget short that doesn't immediately make me want to kill myself and for that I applaud you.

Would have been neat to see blood spraying out when he's smashing homeboy's head in the toilet. Also that song running througjout was a bit grating, and detracted from the tension imo.
>>
>>79056501
Yeah I acknowledge the music is pretty iffy, trying to give the "club bathroom vibe" but it wasn't entirely successful. Sadly I don't know many electronic musicians and I'll be Fucked if I can offer more than a pint of guiness to a friend as a licensing fee. Blood spray would indeed have been cool but the whole thing was thrown together to quickly to work on a blood spray rig. Sound mix is straight Shit and I have no excuse for that.

Thanks for the critique and kind words though.
>>
>>79056598
No problem.

I think you tried to do a thing with the music, but it might have been more convincing had we seen some lights or something flashing behind when the one guy entered.

Also don't worry about the sound, it happens to the best of us. Key thing though, that's what I keep hearing: if your sound's shit, your film's shit.
>>
>>79055475
I have made 5 shorts. 2 got into festivals and 1 won an award for my directing. I have worked on various features in various roles, but I have not directed a feature yet. I have written 5 feature scripts, 2 of which I consider to be really strong. But each would cost about $300K to make. I am a retard when it comes to financing or getting support or backing. I am considering doing another short just to keep my chops up. But fuck, do I hate shorts so much. I consider them a means to an end. Seen too many people do shorts for like 15 years and then wake up one day and realize they fell into the trap of the festival industry. I just wanna make a fucking feature. I have been ready for a few years, but can't get financing. Filmmaking is such a frustrating hustle.
>>
>>79056766
At this stage in the game, making awful shitty student shorts, that's all I can realistically do. I couldn't focus myself long enough to write a feature, let alone actually pull through with it given I'm still learning what the fuck to do.
>>
File: IMG_1200.jpg (31KB, 480x634px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1200.jpg
31KB, 480x634px
>>79055475
I made a soundtrack for my youtube channel that doesn't exist so far. I have a gopro hero5 and a scarlett studio 2i2 audio mixer + microphone just collecting dust ;_;

No inspiration cuz Im scared ill make a fool out of meself
>>
>>79056833
Edit; the channel is supposed to review movies and tv shows and also the geopolitical theatre
>>
>>79056805
Don't say never. When I started writing, my features were all too short, like 50-60 pages. I realized it was not because I was a bad writer (what I wrote was good), but I was rushing through the writing process. Let that idea stew for a while. Then outline it thoroughly. If you don't have a complete 3 act story that hits all the highs and lows, conflict and tension, build up and climax, character development, etc... then you are not ready to sit down and write. I have found when you have that complete outline and your idea is strong in your mind, then sitting down to write it is almost just a formality. It often only takes about a week or a week and half to write the whole thing. I like to write about 10 pages at a time. That takes about 4-6 hours usually. I like to quit after that because your brain become mush and your writing for the day often goes along with it. But sometimes you are really on a role and you just crank out 20 pages. Then re-write like 3 times. Your first draft will always be sloppy and incomplete. Then proof it like 30 fucking times. The rewrites and proofing actually take like 5 times longer than writing the fucking thing.
>>
Good night , all. I hope to see you in the morning.
>>
The weak should fear the strong
>>
how about a married with children reboot with peg as a black woman and the kids half black. Otherwise the exact same characters only with the sexist jokes replaced with racist jokes
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.