[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lightsaber Fights

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5377.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5377.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
Alright, so I want to keep momentum going after I finish my next short film, so I don't fall into another creative slump and don't make anything for another year.

A friend of mine fights with lightsabers as a hobby, and seeing as Star Wars is undergoing a bit of a resurgence I figured it'd be the perfect opportunity to go ahead and make a little lightsaber fight video like what used to be the shit back in the mid 2000's.

I'm aware of my limits in terms of what I can and cannot do; no fancy jumping flips, no unrealistic camera moves, minimal force usage, just two guys fighting with laser swords. Very down-to-basics, but I feel I can work within those limitations.

I'm looking to see how could I make this the best possible short I can make with the minimal equipment I have available (Canon 70D, tripod, 2 LEDs, my phone, and a DJI Osmo).

What can I do to make this NOT look like it was shot on a budget of jack and/or shit?

Also post your favorite lightsaber fights, for inspiration.
>>
Bump

Come on at least one of you fuckers can help me out right?
>>
It's a bad idea

sorry
>>
>>79055913
Why?

It's not like high fuckin' art but it's practice and that's worth something.
>>
>>79055144
I fucking hate sword spinning so goddamn much.

>just two guys fighting with laser swords. Very down-to-basics, but I feel I can work within those limitations.

Those aren't limitations. That's what it should be. HONOUR THAT. Read up on actual swordfighting styles and techniques. Real ones, or at least realistically portrayed ones.

Remember https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTmlYKiLBHI

This is what it can be. If you can find a tiger, that works too.
>>
hahahahahahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-GSSMGathA

is this something like what you're wanting to do OP?
>>
>>79056085
that's actually fucking great
>>
>>79055144
Keep the fighting itself very simple like Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, or The Force Awakens. Keep anything you see from the prequels or video games out of the movie. No Double bladed light sabers, no duel wielding, no reverse grip. Keep all that bullshit out. I wouldn't even stress the lightsaber fighting. Focus most your time and effort into lighting, atmosphere, and tone.
>>
>>79056264
sup r*ddit?
>>
>>79056002
Honestly man if it's laser swords there should be an element of...let's call it heightened realism. Going off the theory that the blades weigh very little to none at all it makes sense that your fighting styles would be a little lighter as well.

I do see where you're coming from though. I liked what you put up though I feel like I might have liked it better if I could see them fighting a little more. It was clear, but not clear enough imo. Maybe I'm being a picky asshat.

>>79056085
Choreo in this is actually kinda sorta okay, but the location, clothes, camerawork, and the force usage really fuck it up. Also, too much jumping.

What I'd like to do, at least in terms of cinematography/choreography, is something on the lines of the fight in The Princess Bride. More a psychological fight than a sword fight, but with long takes that really show that these fuckers know what they're doing.

https://youtu.be/VYVQooRSlzg
>>
Do it like in the SWTOR cinematics and I can approve this shit.

t. sw fanboy
>>
>>79056352
I have not seen those but I'll look 'em up.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.