[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What a dumb fucking retard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 13

File: Into-the-wild.jpg (33KB, 300x442px) Image search: [Google]
Into-the-wild.jpg
33KB, 300x442px
What a dumb fucking retard
>>
>>79054815
There was definitely something wrong with him
>>
>>79054815
/thread
>>
>that pretentious soundtrack designed to make you feel 'inspired'
>>
>>79054815
right who wouldn't of fucked the brunet trailer trash chick
>>
It's our fault. Our society is flawed in that...fuck it yeah he was a dumb mother fucker.
>>
>>79054815
but like.... capitalism and like... fuck money and shit...
>>
>>79055711
Woah.... Deep

Really makes you think
>>
I love this movie but yea this dude's a fucking dingus. Paid the price for it too
>>
What movie is the exact opposite?
>>
>>79056855
The Grey
>>
>>79056855
Wild
>>
>>79056855
Out of the wild
>>
Fucking loser, she would have been knocked up that very day if I were given the opportunity.
>>
>>79056855
Captain Fantastic
>>
>>79054815
I concur. Such a great movie ruined by the actions of a fucking autist.
>>
>>79057486
I agree. There is no way my dick could have said no. I would have made her bleed and regret her decision. No regertz.
>>
>>79054815
what's amazing is that every year even dumber fucking retards have to get rescued or die because they go traveling across Alaska completely unprepared looking to visit that fucking bus
>>
>>79056855
Surviving the Game
>>
>>79057599
People also bought tons of clownfishes as pets after watching Finding Nemo, a movie about clownfishes being endangered and how they shouldn't be pets. It's only natural that they watch a movie about an unprepared guy dying in the wilderness and then decide to go into the wilderness unprepared.
>>
>>79054815
this movie is proof that sometimes books can't teach you everything
>>
>>79055657
>not liking Eddie Vedder
>>
>>79054815

I turned it off when he refused to bang prime KStew.
>>
File: theodor kittelsen Fattigmannen.jpg (381KB, 1071x1285px) Image search: [Google]
theodor kittelsen Fattigmannen.jpg
381KB, 1071x1285px
>>79057599
>people doing things of their own free will that does not negatively affect anybody but themselves
>omfg what a dumb retard!!!!!!
>>
>>79059371
You'd have to do stupid things of your free will to be considered dumb. If someone forced them to make horrible decisions in the wilderness then no one would insult them you dumb dumb.
>>
It's a shame his reason was mostly because of family issues, it really just made him come across as a teenage brat.

>>79059371
Rescuing dumb people out of Alaska costs money.
>>
>>79054815
I think this movie is a great tool to gauge someone's maturity. A person who identifies with this man or even sees him as a "hero" has clearly not left teenagehood yet, and I'm not even joking.

Just broke up with my ex and the thing I hear the most, even from her friends, is that she's incredibly immature. This was her favorite movie. We watched it together. I could do nothing but feel rage at this manipulative 2deep4you sociopath.

First off, his motivation is fucking retarded. Your parents fought a little? Really? Jesus fucking Christ, it's almost like not every family is perfect and people are flawed and you're not owed an amazing life. Human beings can develop and learn to forgive and re-evaluate circumstances - my parents fought a lot and I hated this aspect of my life when I was a teenager, but today I don't care about it anymore, and don't think of them as lesser people for it. He was simply an ungrateful cunt, trying to make deep speeches when given a fucking car for a present, strikes me as one of those people who have nothing really to complain about but WANNA be unhappy about something simply because they perceive unhappiness as the more interesting state of mind.

He used everyone he met along the way to his own gain, pretended to be friends with them and then abandoned them without a second thought, this was his only skill, manipulating. In the end, he died because of his ignorance, which I guess is fair enough.

Fuck this movie.
>>
>>79054815
Damn, that movie was so inspiring back then, but then I grew up and realized what an idiot the guy is.
>>
>>79057473
underrated post
>>
>>79056855
Moon?
>>
>>79059584
>He used everyone he met along the way to his own gain, pretended to be friends with them and then abandoned them without a second thought, this was his only skill, manipulating. In the end, he died because of his ignorance, which I guess is fair enough.
That's a harsh, but interesting interpretation. I think the old man fits this criticism best. The main character had a chance at a real. honest human connection but just left him after he had gotten everything he wanted from him.
>>
>>79059832
It's true. At best you'd call him selfish, at worst manipulative. Also, he didn't harm anyone? Really?

What about every single family member who had to go so long without hearing any news, and then deal with his death?
>>
>>79059832

to be honest none of those people he met were portrayed accurately in the film. I saw a video of the hippie woman irl and she was a complete sack of shit
>>
File: potato.gif (315KB, 240x133px) Image search: [Google]
potato.gif
315KB, 240x133px
>>79054815
>>
>>79056855
Barry Lyndon
>>
>>79057486
I'd

if she wasn't
>>
>>79054815
Absolutely. His family, the kid himself, we're all unlikeable dregs. Any faggot that uses the name "Supertramp" unironically should be sentenced to a slow death in the frozen north.
>>
>>79056855
Drive
>>
>>79059371
It costs the tax payers money and endangers the Alaskan ranger's lives everytime they have to rescue these bozos, especially if the Tek is overflowing.
>>
>>79059470
woop de fucking do, everything costs money wimp
>>
>>79054815
Yeah, that's the point of the movie. It's as if 90% of people didn't watch it all the way through.

He spends the whole movie rejecting nice people for no reason, and realizes he is a retarded asshole before he dies. There is a point to the montage at the end that shows all the unnecessary pain he caused his family and others.
>>
File: 12938435983459834598345.jpg (146KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
12938435983459834598345.jpg
146KB, 1920x1080px
>ywn live in a house with wifi alone in the middle of no where

fuck, it feels bad bros
>>
File: motherefucker.jpg (36KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
motherefucker.jpg
36KB, 1280x544px
Motherfucker was high thinking he could be Snufkin and shit, going around like a hobo and survive on some poison berries
Got what he fucking deserved.
>>
>>79056855
only right answer.: wolf of wall street.
>>
>>79054815
Why'd he do it anyways?

What was wrong with his life?
>>
>>79061344
you'd spend all day doing manual work and be too tired to shitpost on /tv/
>>
>>79061601
His parents fought a little and he got a car for graduation.
>>
There's no way he didn't know those poisonous berries were poisonous. Nigger just didn't give any fucks at all.
>>79060350
Nobody is forcing the Alaskan rangers to rescue them. If they want to go die in the woods then let them go die in the woods.
>>
>>79056855
social network
>>
>>79061601
People think he had Schizophrenia. Makes sense if you read his writings.

Also, when he was around 14, he found out his dad had started another family in another city. He would claim he was going on 'business trips' and then just go be with his other family for a few weeks.

His mom knew but she never called him out because she was worried about it affecting their social standing.
>>
Why does this movie trigger /tv/ so much?
>>
A story that never should of been told in film or book form.

>>79059584
Best /quickrundown/ of this I've read, said everything I thought of it.
>>
his biggest failure was in assuming you need to live in the woods to get away from people, he could have just worked a night job at wal-mart or whatever. there's barely any people in alaska anyway lel.
>>
>>79061713
>Nobody is forcing the Alaskan rangers to rescue them. If they want to go die in the woods then let them go die in the woods

ffs

That's literally their job, you fucking knob.
>>
>>79061727

wtf this isn't in the movie
>>
>>79061679
I dunno, maybe. It depends on the environment. In most places once you've got your garden and chicken coop set up you're pretty much set for life.
>>
>>79061825
the movie is based off a true story
>>
Real question is how did the bus get there?
>>
>>79061344

Lots of houses like that around here. One day...
>>
It's so strange how mad people get over this movie. Something about it touches the viewer, there's no other explanation for the irrational hatred people have for this character.

Even the author of the book commented how weird people's reactions to the story are. Dude just went on a journey of self discovery, harmed no one, accidentally got himself killed, and now everyone is super pissed off about it.
>>
>>79056855

george of the jungle
>>
>>79061824
>it's what they're paid to do
So what's the fucking problem?
>>
>>79061895
I thought it was a pretty movie. I never saw the ending though.
>>
>>79061895
>Dude just went on a journey of self discovery, harmed no one

Yeah because his mom worrying about his stupid ass so much that she cant sleep at night, combined with everyone he knew that didnt know anything about his death until they found his body isnt causing anyone any harm.
>>
>>79061915
because they'll get fucking sued otherwise
>>
>>79054815
He've got more balls than you'll ever have. How do you feel you fucking faggot?
>>
>>79061679
you don't know anything man
>>
I really hated this piece of shit movie and his character, thanks for reminding me asshole.
>>
>>79061895
Well its because his cause honestly wasnt noble, it was more selfish than anything. He could've gone on a journey of discovery without worrying the crap out of his family but honestly it was more like a fuck you to everyone.
>>
>>79061950
do you really care that much about them?

Or is it, perhaps, that you are projecting because deep down you wish you had the guts to simply let go and try to live your dream?
>>
>>79056855
Tarzan kinda
>>
>>79062030
There's nothing wrong with doing things for selfish reasons.
>>
>>79062052
>do you really care that much about them?

About who? my parents?
Are you retarded or something?
Oh wait forgot where I was, /tv/ aka "I hate everyone and care about nothing but movies, everyone else has pleb taste why should anything matter?" Truly you have become the edgemaster, my friend.
>>
>>79061563
This is true
>>
>>79062129
No, his parents and his friends, the ones you hate him because he left behind. What do you care? Should only make you disagree with his decision, not outright hate him.
>>
>>79061950
He didn't go out there to kill himself. It just happened. A big part of the reason he went in the first place was because his dad had another family and his mom just went along with it so they wouldn't look bad. Taking distance to his family is completely understandable.
>>
>>79062147
I just think he's retarded.
And of course I think of myself in his shoes when I judge his actions, that would be hypocritical of me if I didnt - What, because they're not MY parents it means that what this retard is putting them through should mean nothing to me?
>>
>>79061733
It's a Chad getting everything handed to him and thinking he can do anything and getting his just rewards
>>
>>79062179

his parents were awful and deserved whatever pain they got. there's a doc on amazon prime where his siblings talk about how the dad used to kick his wife around in front of them. not that he was completely right but those are the kinds of choices you make to get away from that type of thing.
>>
>>79062242
>his parents were awful
>the dad used to kick his wife around in front of them.

How's the mom at fault here?

>those are the kinds of choices you make to get away from that type of thing.
Sounds like you're the one that's projecting m8
>>
>>79062165
He had no phone with him, didn't contact anybody after a certain while of being out there and didnt stay anywhere.
That's a one way ticket to death.
>>
>>79062285

kek, i'm not debating this with you
>>
File: come here anon.webm (3MB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
come here anon.webm
3MB, 1000x800px
was he gay?
>>
>>79061915
You're the worst kind of person
>>
>>79058096
"with arms wide open" oh wait, wrong 90s douche bag heroin junkie asshole fuck turd
>>
File: 135.png (111KB, 242x290px) Image search: [Google]
135.png
111KB, 242x290px
>>79062318
Ok buddy
>>
>>79062310
He stayed in the "magic bus" for weeks.

The "magic bus" was less than a mile from a main road and on a well used game trail.

He called it "magic bus" because he'd been walking for days and he had no idea how it could've gotten out so far. But he had no idea where he was because he didn't know how to read a map or walk in a straight line.
>>
>>79061980
Balls? What balls? Going out into the wild unprepared and uninformed doesn't make you brave, it makes you stupid.
>>
If it was intended to be a story that provokes complex and ambivalent reactions, it's a great movie. But as it was written and directed by Sean Penn I doubt it.
>>
>>79062542
kek, but no one but him knew he was there? how does that support anything you're trying to say
>>
>>79062285
>How's the mom at fault here?
She chose him.
>>79062310
>He had no phone with him...
Lol, implying there are phones you can have outside a house.
>>79062542
To be fair, in woodland settings it's the majority of people that can't walk in straight lines. They subconsciously tend to go either slightly left or slightly right whenever a tree is directly in front of them so they end up walking in very large spirals instead.
>>
>>79062816
>She chose him.

Lots of relationships start off normal and go downhill after a while.

>Lol, implying there are phones you can have outside a house.

Mail.
>>
File: (((vice))).png (864KB, 980x930px) Image search: [Google]
(((vice))).png
864KB, 980x930px
>>79059584
>have nothing really to complain about but WANNA be unhappy about something simply because they perceive unhappiness as the more interesting state of mind.

I did this from age 7 until age 14. I'm glad I broke that habit desu.
>>
It's been a while but there are tits in this movie right? They're pretty great iirc
>>
File: 1471364501967.jpg (1MB, 2248x3284px) Image search: [Google]
1471364501967.jpg
1MB, 2248x3284px
>>79062323
>>79057486
the girl part was completely made up and is not canon

He wen full alaska

never go full alaska

Mistake list as follows:

1.not taking the extra gear from the man that dropped him off
2.crossing tame stream that turns into a whitewater death trap
3.not ever noticing the rescue zip line in the months he was there
4.being shit at hunting , he shot a moose but the whole thing spoiled
5.eating toxic plant that he miss identifed

not making even one out of any of those 5 and he would have been fine

TLDR get good , and don't go to alaska
>>
>>79062927
>Lots of relationships start off normal and go downhill after a while.
Not down to the point where one person starts hitting. There's always red flags that the other person ignores.
>>
>>79059584
You're absolutely right, his whole way of thinking is edgy as fuck and he reacts way too seriously to anything, meaning he's just a spoiled kid who thinks he's somehow been through a lot in his life and that it makes him deep and above his "simple-minded" family.

This whole movie is White People in a nutshell.
>>
>>79063064
It boggles my mind how oblivious you are to the fact that you're talking straight outta your ass.
Not everyone is the same.
People change all the time.
>>
>>79062984
Unless you want an hero in an exciting manner.
There's a good chance he was retarded but a much better one he was merely suicidal.
>>
>>79063144
>This is what people that choose to not read signs actually tell themselves.
>>
>>79063212
Want me to tell you how I know you've never been in a long term relationship before?
>>
>>79063246
Senpai, I'm in one right now. I just didn't pick a crazy because I myself ain't crazy so don't need to make up BS like "people change" excuse it.
>>
>>79062221
>McCandless
>A chad
Dude didn't even have sex in high school. He was probably gay.
Besides, he was a manlet with an over achieving mindset due to a combination of Napoleon complex and daddy issues.
>>
File: 207-ingInFrontofBus001ret2RG.jpg (246KB, 1305x848px) Image search: [Google]
207-ingInFrontofBus001ret2RG.jpg
246KB, 1305x848px
>>79059470
He was never rescued.

AFAIK some hunters just kinda found him dead in his rucksack.

I don't think he was a smart man, but I thought the story was kinda beautiful.
>>
>>79062984
It's hilarious how the author (Jon Krakauer) tries to dimiss everyone of McCandless' mistakes, even going so far as exonerating him from being the culprit of the vandalized cabins that were within 6 miles of the bus, even though the vandalism took place around Chris' arrival in mid-April.
>>
>>79061915
>start a fire that could kill rescue workers
>dude what's the problem it's their job???
god you're retarded
>>
>>79062327
>>79063560
But it is literally their job. With risks, hardships and all other shit.
Why are you so triggered?
>>
>>79063421
>want to live innawoods
>find a bus made in a factory
Did he do anything right?
>>
>>79061344
I work in Canada as an RCMP officer and move a lot, I've had several of those kinds of homes in the middle of nowhere. The internet always sucks for a constant connection, Netflix would flicker and have to buffer, games would be laggy if played online, and downloads would be slow. If it has internet at all.
>>
>>79063600
He's triggered because you're fucking retarded.
Why would you wanna cause problems for people to solve just because it's "Their job"?
>>
>>79061895
It's mainly because his story was unworthy of telling both in book form and movie. Hundreds have died in the tundras of Alaska, where are their stories? What makes this bipolar, sociopathic twerps story more worthy of being told (besides Krakauers creepy obsession with the kid)? There are not many redeeming qualities in Chris, or his family (particularly his autistic father). So for the viewer/reader it's hard to develope empathy for the kid/family. Krakauer's account is highly suspect as well and one feels he may have embelished certain parts for his own gain.
>>
>>79063600
If you decide to go and put people at risk for no/bad reasons, you're an asshole. Even if their job is to rescue people, you're still an asshole; they could be rescuing somebody else. somebody that might not be in trouble for a normal reason instead of being in trouble because they're retarded.

but to you it's OK because it's their work
>>
Are you people retarded? This man was a schizophrenic.
>>
>>79063743
Yeah, you're triggered too.

>>79063804
Not quite. My point is that is their work, my opinion on the matter if they should or not be doing that aside. It's doesn't have to be related to that case or to someone doing something similar. Their work is that, circumstances unknown.

You people get too hateful about anything related to this guy and the film.
>>
>>79063990
Seems like you're the kind of guy that says something retarded, then when several people tell you you're a retard, you just go "You people get way too hateful." and then get home and wonder why nobody really likes you.
>>
A few anons above got it right: it's natural to disagree with his choices, but over the top/ overwhelming disagreement is highly suspicious

Disenchantment about their conventional life paths seems to trigger the drones hard.
Don't worry cucks, your lifestyle is safe
>>
>>79064117
I'm not the first poster on the matter, I took the conversation, but feel free to project and get triggert as you wish.
>>
never seen or and will never see it

so give me the spoilers etc
>>
>>guys I haaaate Into the Wild and that stupid dumb faggot who got himself killed, do I fit with yall yet?
Every thread about this
>>
>>79064317
Why then?
>>
>>79064317
White kid from a rich and malfunctioning family goes on a 2deep4u journey with basically zero preparations and dies.
>>
>>79064248
Meaning you just meant to bait people into replying and banter with you.

Very nice and please check my dub
>>
>>79064521
Off by one you you hobos mccoinless.

This is how yuppies do it all right
>>
>>79064521
No, not really, because I'm not baiting, nor there's anything bait-y about those points.
>>
>>79057473
top fucking kek
>>
>>79062323
She was 16 and confused.
Let's face it, he probably would have had she been legal.
>>
>>79063421
>but I thought the story was kinda beautiful.

Agree, the ending and the realization he came too were well made.

But it's all an assumption that he died peacefully like that. Can you imagine that last note in the diary was just an attempt to stay positive and in reality his last days were basically:

>AH FUUCK! OH SHIT WHY THE FUCK DID I GO HERE, GOD PLEASE FUCKING SAVE ME, I BEG, OH JESUS OH NO PLEASE I DON'T WANT TO DIE LIKE THIS!! FUCK ME IM SORRY, GOD! MOM, PLEASE HELP MEEE!

Because I bet this obviously happened at some point before he started passing out in that bus.
>>
>>79064847
I guess you wouldn't either, huh? lel
>>
>>79064648
Replying to you so this thread keep bumping.

Though i would prefer let you alone with none of your bait (which is repeating saying same retarded shit) taken so you might ponder and get little bit smarter next time.
>>
>>79063990
Really, it's not just /tv/ that hates him, many in Alaska do as well. These days, the Magic Bus, is a vandalized husk chock full of bullet holes and graffiti.
>>
>>79064317
Kids separates from on shitty family to go on an adventure.
Kid meets and bonds with assorted good kind hearted weirdos.
Kid abandons weirdos to die alone in the woods.

Did he mean to die alone in pain like that or did he just make a long series of dun goofs?
Were his actions unorthodox but otherwise benign, or was a scummy asshole unthinkingly inflicting emotional pain on others?
>>
>>79065336
So you bump for nothing, while keeping dumb and triggered over what you can't understand? How smart

>>79065396
Wonder why it is not moved or just destroyed
>>
>>79064847
What's there to be confused about? He was physically attractive and had infinite free cool points, and she didn't have a lot of other guys to choose from.
>>
>>79056855
the scenes where yoda trains luke. also when luke trains rey
>>
>>79065456
Probably just a mentally ill kid unsure if he wanted to an hero or not. By the time he realized he didn't want to die, it was already too late. Probably didn't help that his dad was the type of turbo autist that could crunch numbers for NASA, but couldn't raise a proper family for the life of himself. You see alot of those types around here in the D.C. suburbs.
>>
>>79065568
Probably too much of a hassle. It's pretty much rusted out. The vultures will have it picked clean in a few years anyway. There's a replica of the bus they used in the movie over in Healy.
>>
>>79065604
Watch the film, she's even more immature than him. My bet is that she would have gotten too attached to him and that he would have felt guilty leaving her broken when he left.
He didnt fuck her mainly because she was underage tho
>>
File: qU2564.jpg (29KB, 462x482px) Image search: [Google]
qU2564.jpg
29KB, 462x482px
>>79054815
why did he burn his money and then went on his adventure, then later got a job on a farm to make some money
>>
>>79066380
(((Krakauer))) memes
He never burned his money or license
>>
>>79066434
He donated it to charity it's the same
>>
>>79066434
oh, long time since i saw the movie..
>>
File: 1483734750308.jpg (12KB, 258x245px) Image search: [Google]
1483734750308.jpg
12KB, 258x245px
>>79066533
>>
>>79061907
kek
>>
>>79054815
I held off watching this for years. Like in college, this sounded like something I'd love to see but I just never got around to it.

Tried watching this year, I couldn't even make it past the first half hour before shutting it off.
>>
>>79066533
LEL
>>
>>79066570
He did in the movie and the book. Reality was different.
>>
>>79054815
that was the entire fucking point of the movie. He was completely unprepared to face the reality of being a rich, college kid trying to survive in the wilderness. He was pulled to nature and pushed by what he viewed as an immoral society but wasn't ready nor the type of person to be able to survive in the wild. Good job on trying to be a contrarian and making yourself feel like you actually have any sort of good taste in movies.

Piece of shit.
>>
>>79054815
He was depressed and suicidal.Lets leave it at that.
>>
>>79054815
>Things INTJ / INTP say
>>
This thread reminds me of that Grizzly Man documentary about the guy who was eaten by grizzlies. My favorite part of that was after everyone got done kissing his ass, the old guy just outright said that he was probably retarded.
>>
>>79054815

But he's a hero!
>>
>>79054815
They made us read the book in high school. It was dumb then.
>>
>>79061344
My uncle in OK lives with a yuge forest in his backyard. No human settlement for miles. I want to live like him some day.
>>
>>79057599

Sounds like the Parks and Wildlife could offset some budget having guided tours then.
>>
>>79054815
Wasn't that the point of the movie? That he was a complete fuck up who thought he could survive in the wild with no experience? Anyone who saw this guy as some sort of hero is as stupid as he was.

I see this movie as a cautionary tale. If you want to see a feel good traveling movie go watch Walter Mitty or something.
>>
>>79061825
but it is
>>
>>79067573
I just finished watching this piece of shit and it isn't
The movie states that Retardo jr. went to find some relatives that told him daddy Retardo was legally married to another woman while fucking his mom, making him and his sister bastard kids.
>>
>>79063421
wait so
the bus was still there when the movie was being filmed? the bus that this dude died and rotted away in? and then they filmed the actor inside it doing his tarzan shenanigans? in a bus that a guy died in?
>>
>>79059584
Basically this

But you have to admit that there's a lot of appeal in the whole ecology thing. I'd love to go innawoods for a year but I wouldn't want to hurt people to do so
>>
>>79067662
They made a replica bus. It's at some bar in Healy.
>>
LAST NITE
>>
>>79061895
Only rich, comfortable people would ever sympathise with him
>>
>>79057486
>>79057584
>4chinglers who have never had sex Talk about how much they'd fuck a girl if given the chance
You'd come in 2 pumps and cry alone that night
>>
>>79067662
Retard

>>79063691
He was still a sheltered pussy
>>
>>79067623
You are very mad

>>79067786
Not true.
Are you a poor darkie for this kind of talk?
>>
>>79056855
The Force Awakens
>>
>>79062052
>hurr you care
Why the fuck did you bring that into the argument. You said the protagonist didn't hurt anyone, anon proved you wrong. The fuck does caring have to do with anything, are you that desperate to win an argument on an anonymous image board?
>>
>>79068122
Let's hope you're still the other guy, because whiteknighting for imbecility is pretty low.
There wasn't any 'proving wrong', and the question was initially poorly understood, as was the follow-up by him/you.
>>
>>79061563

Surprised no one said this sooner.
>>
>>79066971
>Good job on trying to be a contrarian and making yourself feel like you actually have any sort of good taste in movies.
Where the hell did this come from? Relax.
>>
>>79062110
honestly, this
>>
http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/24/justice/ayahuasca-death-kyle-nolan-mother/

>Kyle Nolan did his research -- his mother made sure of that. She didn't want her 18-year-old son heading to the Amazon jungle at all -- let alone, without learning everything he could about the supposed "medicine" with the bizarre name that he insisted would help him turn his young life around.

>"I really tried to discourage him ... I kept telling him over and over, there are no easy answers in life," Ingeborg Oswald said.

>"He went online and started reading all these positive things about ayahuasca, which is something I had never heard of before," Oswald said. "Apparently there's a huge, positive movement toward ayahuasca. And he thought that that would help him maybe discover who he was."

>They had "found him dead outside, under a bush," Oswald said. They "panicked and covered him up, and told everyone that he wasn't feeling well, that he was in his cabin."

>"They said they put him in a wheelbarrow, took him about a mile down the road, dug a pit, buried him, and burned all his belongings," Oswald said.

Fuck spiritual journeys. Just watch some porn instead.
>>
>>79054815
i thought the was the point. spoiled idealistic brat doesn't realise how good he has it, thinks everyone should "live with nature, maaaan" and can't hack it.

people who see this as inspiration to run away from society are the same people who watched fight club and decided to burn their ikea furniture.
>>
>>79068708
I don't think they realise they could just go hiking, or that millions of Americans are far more spiritually at peace from going to church every Sunday.

They don't want to go on a spiritual journey; they want something deep they can say to their friends once they're 35 year old IT consultants in Portland.
>>
>>79054815

You started this thread wrong, but yeah he was.
>>
>>79068708
I blame Joe Rogan. When are people going to hold him to account for spreading the DMT meme?
>>
>>79062642
Spoken like a coward.
>>
>>79068708
he began his spiritual here
Thread posts: 178
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.