[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people like this scene?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: Pale_Man.jpg (28KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Pale_Man.jpg
28KB, 400x300px
Why do people like this scene?
>>
>>79053320
It's tense, it's imaginative, it's stylish. An example of Del Toro's really great ability to world build.
>>
Mostly due to the cinematic styling, colors, and overall atmosphere in the scene. It gives off a very unique 'off-putting' fantastical yet disturbing vibe that is rarely captured in movies these days.
>>
What if instead of eyes on your palms you had taste buds so every time you interacted with something you had to taste it?

Jaime pull that up.
>>
>>79053369
dude...
>>
>>79053369
Jacking off would suddenly become a lot better.
>>
>>79053320
HE'S A FUCKING PALE MALE!!!
>>
>>79053352
Personally I thought every scene with the Faun (is that what it's called in english?) was fantastic with this as well.

His way of speaking, weird pauses, small gestures. So off-putting, even though it's a mythology/high fantasy creature. They perfectly pulled it off.
>>
>>79053465
Yup. In my opinion, Pan's Labyrinth is the best 'adult' fairy-tale movie ever made.
>>
>>79053483
Not saying you're wrong, but what else is there? That seems like a bit of a dubious title
>>
>>79053483
Are you a woman?

This movie sucked. It was colorful and odd, but the writing and characters sucked
>>
>>79053626
Really now? They weren't particularly complex, but Captain Vidal definitely stood out, and the directing/visuals more than made up for it.
>>
>>79053512
Depends on your definition of a fairy tale I suppose. Is a film like Jeepers Creepers and adult fairy tale? Or does being horror stop it from being such? A lot of horror films have similar themes to fairy tales actually thinking about it.
>>
>>79053795
I'd say horror movies count. But even then, it's slim pickings.
>>
DUDE WHITE PEOPLE ARE EVIL LMAO
>>
>>79053320
Only white people like that scene. It symbolizes their superior intellect.
>>
File: Reaction.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
Reaction.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>79053410
>>
>>79053978
This. Punch NAZIS.
>>
I like the white male patriarchy being exposed for the scum that they are.
>>
>>79053512
not the same poster but one that comes to my mind is stardust
if you count horror then sleepy hollow or brothers grimm
>>
>>79053320
I thought it was okay, maybe a little better than okay. I get the feeling its babies first "creepy" scenario & thus it gets monumental praise as "too fuckin spooky I shit myself" & "nightmare fuel".
>>
>>79053320

Thats my roommates uncle
>>
>>79053320
I thought it was cool. I liked the design and feel of the scene but it was too short to have any lasting impact. I would have liked a bit more lore and mythology behind the character
>>
>don't touch anything in the room with the creepy killer monster
>hmm i see better touch everything because i'm a stupid cunt
>>
>>79055083
This really fucking pissed me off because she actively chooses to touch that there's literally no reason for her.
>>
>>79053369
How would you convey that into film?
>>
>>79054061
nice shitty picture.
>>
File: 6935363.jpg (38KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
6935363.jpg
38KB, 512x512px
>>79053320
Literally just a shitty rip off of "Aaahh!!! Real Monsters"
>>
>>79055083
But didn't she touch the floor with her feet and the air molecules with her skin?
>>
>>79056021
r-rude
>>
>>79054929
Do you think that you're the only one who watches horror movies?
>>
>>79053320

Its eyes were on a plate. Why didn't she just take away the plate before she ate the food?
>>
>>79055083
This Always bothered me too.
I guess she thought they lied to her, but holy shit why would you try to steal something in a room guarded by that fucking thing?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.