[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you think about this film?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 1466180165241.webm (3MB, 1000x424px) Image search: [Google]
1466180165241.webm
3MB, 1000x424px
What did you think about this film?
>>
Is Terry /ourguy/?
>>
File: 1480365008175.jpg (18KB, 647x622px) Image search: [Google]
1480365008175.jpg
18KB, 647x622px
>>
What is the film?
>>
>>79040659
The dark knight of cups
>>
>>79040142
Memes aside it's my favorite Malick. Beautiful, almost tangible, I feel like it's his most realized of his late style.
>>
>>79040142
what the fuck, new tarantino film?
>>
File: 1457543682031.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1457543682031.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>79040142
>ywn sniff hershlag's stinky dinky feet

jdims
>>
File: big guy mad.jpg (275KB, 600x901px) Image search: [Google]
big guy mad.jpg
275KB, 600x901px
Knight of Cups is one of the worst films ever made by professionals; it baffles the mind that anyone defends it. However, it’s telling that most defences of the film centre on assumptions that the critic hasn’t seen the film or is just cynical.

Well newsflash, several people saw the film and hated it, hence why reviewers trashed the film. You don’t have to be cynical to see through Malick’s latest masturbatory mundane tripe.
Maybe you enjoy listening to Bale whisper for two hours about nothing? I didn’t. He was 1-dimensional and spent the entire film acting apathetic or surprised. This isn’t good story-telling. Though I guess that when the story is this terrible, that can’t be helped. By the way, the story’s literally “I’m a writer and I’m unfulfilled”. I just saved you 2 hours of your life. Unfortunately I can never get that back.

I have to give props to the sfx editor. They did such a poor job that the music often drowns out Bale’s whispering. But it feels weird to praise someone for being so shit at their job that it cancels out a worse aspect of the film.
What about the cinematography? Surely the film looks good? It’s Malick afterall. I admit that the visuals are often nice. But they’re also uninspired and clearly the bare minimum required from Lubezki. There’s nothing here that we’ve not seen a million times before in The Tree of Life or The Revenant. Natural lighting and wide-angle closeups only go so far.

“But its allusions to The Pilgrim’s Progress mean it’s deep!” No. Films must be able to stand on their own, 1st and foremost. Having references to (and direct quotes from) an allegory from middle-ages doesn’t make a film good.
The film’s philosophy? There’s some self-affirming Christianity in there with no evidence of other opinions considered, no new insights into the topic, nothing of any philosophical merit, at all. If the film were a first-year undergrad essay, it’d be lucky to get more than 50%.
>>
>>79041476
plen
>>
>>79041476
>hence why reviewers trashed the film.
Reviewers that love Marvel movies
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.