[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this kino?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: under-the-skin.jpg (83KB, 476x595px) Image search: [Google]
under-the-skin.jpg
83KB, 476x595px
Is this kino?
>>
Absolutely yes. Brilliant film, Glazer's one of the most interesting filmmakers today.
>>
>>79039663
No
It was pretentious shit with an incredibly simple message.
>>
Absolutely not. Indulgent trash.
>>
>>79039663
Actually, yes.

Congratulations, you weren't a faggot today.

Side note: How does ScarJo handle it knowing that she can actually be a great actress in amazing films, yet turn back to shit like Avengers and Lucy?
>>
pretentious: the flick

boring too

horrible acting
>>
>>79039738
>how does she handle it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJOjTNuuEVw
>>
>>79039719
Can you actually explain your point, or are you being a pretentious shit with an incredibly simple message?
>>
>>79039663

Yes it is an absolute work of art
>>
>>79039663
It was dark and claustrophic

Strange movie.

Liked it mostly because the flow and mood was captivating. In contrast to other indie flicks, the dangerous experimentation of Under the Skin was a fresh breathe of air.
>>
File: under-the-skin-03.jpg (3MB, 2880x1620px) Image search: [Google]
under-the-skin-03.jpg
3MB, 2880x1620px
Yes, great film.
>>
>>79039738
This was the film that convinced me she could act. The way she handles those improvised scenes, and that note-perfect English accent (Thames valley, to be precise) is incredible.
>>
>>79039719
>>79039723
>>79039758
Proof that, in addition to its other qualities, UTS is an effective pleb filter.
>>
>>79039663
i saw scarlets titties so its good lol
>>
>>79042624
really? she was pretty damn great in Lost in Translation.
>>
Cool movie, but you have to let it sink in for a while. Motorcycle guy was kinda not needed for the story though.
>>
apart from the glasgow effect being portrayed on screen.. could do without casting scrawny vitimin d deficient 30 year old scots who look 50
>>
>>79042624
>She's great at being an emotionally dull alien trying to mimic humanity

I mean, your accent point is fair. But I'm still not convinced.
>>
File: cash_cab_inside-1469666105137.png (845KB, 1000x565px) Image search: [Google]
cash_cab_inside-1469666105137.png
845KB, 1000x565px
>>79039663
All of the entire interior car shot reverse-shot scenes kept reminding me of fucking Cash Cab

Yeah. Fucking Cash Cab. Terrible.
>>
File: birth_ver3.jpg (29KB, 535x751px) Image search: [Google]
birth_ver3.jpg
29KB, 535x751px
>>79039663
This is kino.
>>
only worth it to see scarlett's big flabby ass
>>
>>79039663
It's the movie to watch when your teenage daughter has been raped.
>>
>>79039663
it is.

also a literal social experiment and a great adaptation of an even more out there (although also comfier and surprisingly touching) novel.

it's a shame how most people will never see the original creepy black room scenes, only the rip-off version in Stranger Memes
>>
>>79042786

He absolutely was. He's the pimp. Yes he's an alien or whatever but he's also the father figure to the female "prostitute" aliens. His role exonerates ScarJo's character--she succubuses humans, sure, but in large part because she works for him, not solely because she is evil. Remember when she starts second-guessing and gets a non-verbal 'talking to'? Her inner struggle is thus played out for us in the rebellion against her pimp. Gotta have bad characters to illustrate her path to redemption
>>
File: Nicole-Kidman-Birth-2.jpg (28KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Nicole-Kidman-Birth-2.jpg
28KB, 720x404px
>>79043889
>That 2/10 ending

I still like it though.
>>
>>79039758
You can always spot plebs by words like boring and pretentious
>>
its a solid 8/10 flick
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.