[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kino Meaning?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: Nikon'tin.jpg (57KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Nikon'tin.jpg
57KB, 1024x683px
I know Kino means Cinema, but when your guys write "that Movie was Kino", should i take that as "That Flick Was Fuckin Legendary!"
>(explain)
Pic not related.
>>
it means that it elevated its status from Movie to Kino.

It's like a burger that gets served at a fancy restaurant.
>>
File: 1466677895217.jpg (1MB, 4030x4096px) Image search: [Google]
1466677895217.jpg
1MB, 4030x4096px
flick<movie<film<cinema<kino
>>
>>79027774
It doesn't mean anything, it's just a shitty meme buzzword.
>>
>>79027774
It's a meme used by memesters. It means fuck all.
>>
It just means newfags fuck off
>>
>>79027895
should have stopped "meme"
>>
>>79027774
Anything can be kino.

This post is kino
>>
>>79027774
It's a word that was introduced to /tv/ by people who actually enjoy and like films that aren't just run of the mill hollywood garbage as "intelligent" word for cinema in attempt to more easily filter out the people whos opinions and posts you don't even have to bother with.
The operation was more than a success, so basically you see someone using that word, just skip the post altogether, they won't have anything interesting to say about movies.
>>
File: kinographer.jpg (6KB, 178x243px) Image search: [Google]
kinographer.jpg
6KB, 178x243px
>>79027843
>>79027895
>>79027903
>>79028437
>>79029114
>>79029197
All incorrect.
>>79027864
Somewhat correct.
>>
Kino means nothing.
Just rate things from 1-5 you fucks.
>>
Kino is the german word for Cinema.
>>
It comes from the word Kinosthetic
>>
>>79029197
kek
>>
Kino is a real approach to filmmaking that /tv/ has turned into a meaningless meme.

Orginally the "kinoks" were a group of Soviet filmmakers who attempted to turn film into its own art form in the 1920s. Basically the kinoks thought that film as a medium was too derivative of literature and theater and therefore was not truly its own art form. They wanted to create films that weren't so heavily reliant on narrative, plot, and performance, all elements which are traditionally more suited to either literature or theater. They wanted to create films that utilized the specific strengths of film (moving pictures combined with audio) to create an art form that was wholly unique from other pre-existing forms. Originally they focused exclusively on documentary works and rejected anything that was staged, but I think certain filmmakers have managed to deliver on their ultimate goal of creating filmic, non-narrative art with staged productions.

Kino is not indicative of quality. A "movie" can be better than "kino" just like a play can be better than a book. There is shitty kino just like there are shitty movies. But /tv/ transformed kino into "anything I like" and now you frequently see people claiming BvS is kino.

In short, kino is real and there are films that literally are kino, but /tv/ has made the word a synonym for "good" and applies it to whatever they want.
>>
Kino is short for absolute kinotography. Basically, it's the ultimate mega super madara uchiha final form of saying "this movie is pretty good"
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.