[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lbg/ - Letterboxd General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 32

File: 1471081584030.png (1MB, 1192x812px) Image search: [Google]
1471081584030.png
1MB, 1192x812px
QOTD: What's a movie?
>>
fake thread

no one respond
>>
fake thread

no one respond
>>
File: 6w3PpTQD[2].jpg (55KB, 400x400px)
6w3PpTQD[2].jpg
55KB, 400x400px
why's a 7/10 movie getting so much praise?
>>
>>79014173
white people
>>
>>79014214
fuck white people
>>
File: bam.jpg (71KB, 971x567px) Image search: [Google]
bam.jpg
71KB, 971x567px
Who wants to see Edward Meme's newly restored Taipei Story at BAM in March with me?
>>
>>79014303
>DCP
into the trash it goes.

if you're going to see an old movie that's not on 35, what's the point?
>>
Fuck Drumpf and fuck whitey!!
>>
File: tie pay story.jpg (15KB, 334x247px) Image search: [Google]
tie pay story.jpg
15KB, 334x247px
>>79014303
>Taipei Story
expect a Criterion blu-ray out later this year, per their montly newsletter clue
>>
WHAT'S UP FAGS
>>
WHAT'S UP FAGS
>>
Hou Hsiao-Hsien is a meme
>>
>>79014475
taiwan is a meme
>>
>>79014475
Tsai Ming-liang > those other two Taiwamemes
>>
>>79014337
better than not seeing it all, dummy
>>
>>79014528
>>79014534
>>79014475
mainland > taiwan
>>
Classic Japan > HK/Taiwan > mainland > SE Asia > Korea > New Japan > India
>>
>>79014721
>japanese cinema
>no conception of the numinous
>memes

>chinese kinema
>conception of the numinous
>better memes
>>
>>79014721
>SE Asia
so that's Apichatpong Weerasethakul and...?
>>
File: MMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!.gif (2MB, 695x392px) Image search: [Google]
MMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!.gif
2MB, 695x392px
>>
>>79014811
Big Al is enough to crush the japanese and korean scum
>>
>>79014661
Mainland China hasn't made a good film since Ruan LingYu died.
>>
>>79014869
low IQ post
>>
>>79014891
low iq reply
>>
>>79014811
Ratanaruang, Yuzna, and Ismail
>>
File: me.png (1MB, 954x832px) Image search: [Google]
me.png
1MB, 954x832px
http://letterboxd.com/a7xfan/
hey everybody! i'm a7xfan!
>>
>>79014811
Filipino cinema: Brocka, Diaz, Mendoza
>>
>>79015036
Sucker Punch is legitimate kino tho
>>
>>79015173
lol YES thank you it's a very smart movie
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZJiqsOllGQ
>>
>>79015036
Prove it, LARPer
>>
>>79015000
isn't Brian Yuzna white? he was born in the Philippines because his dad was stationed there in the marines or something.
>>
>>79015228
what's a larper
>>
http://letterboxd.com/Quimerinha/
Has anyone here watched 400+ movies in a year?
>>
>>79015360
I-is that even possible?
>>
>>79015398
I'm personally aiming for the 365 but i don't doubt it.
>>
>>79015360
In 2015 I watched 538 features but dropped to 390 features in 2016
>>
>>79015464
What's your letterboxd?
>>
>>79015479
You'll never know hehehe
>>
>>79015531
): is there a secret club if i go 400+?
>>
>>79015036
Holy mother of all Embryos!
>>
>>79015036
Holy mother of all Embryos!
>>
>>79015589
How new are you?
>>
>>79015398
i watched 60 movies in January (though i doubt i'll keep that pace for the year)

400 should be a breeze for someone out there with a tonne of free time
>>
>>79014044
Previous thread: >>78975712
(Please link this in the OP, in future)
>>
>>79014173
They tryna sell Stone as some new Garland? Lmao fucking kill yourself Hollywood
>>
>>79016918
Don't bullying us please
>>
>>79015360
799 films in 2016

i ended up deleting my main so idk how many of those were shorts. probably no more than 100 but who knows
>>
File: 201701.jpg (149KB, 270x1185px) Image search: [Google]
201701.jpg
149KB, 270x1185px
movie of the month: get carter (1971)
>>
>>79014173
kys
>>
>>79016918
A "movie buff" acquaintance literally told me that La La Land is the best musical ever made
>>
embryo of the month: >>79017805 (2017)
>>
>>79019109
They are right. Jacques Demy and Robert Wise have already been surpassed.
>>
>>79019686
I get that every month, but thanks I guess
>>
>>79016452
Exactly!

Also,
CURRENT THREAD!!: >>79014044

It's very important to do that!
>>
File: tumblr_okpj2khgsD1qjkukyo1_540.jpg (52KB, 470x793px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_okpj2khgsD1qjkukyo1_540.jpg
52KB, 470x793px
>>
>>79019888
yuge if true
>>
>>79019726
Both of those are Embryo shit but still better than Chazelle. Musical director ranking.
Bergman >>>>Pabst >>> that embryo shit >>>>>Chazelle
>>
>>79019941
Stop saying imbecilities
>>
>>79019726
(You)
>>
>>79019998
Stop being an embryo.
>>
>>79020063
You're the embryo here
>>
>>79020174
>>
January
1- The Haunted Palace - Great film. It only uses the most basic premise from the Lovecraft story, but it's a very entretaining movie, with a great performance (as expected) by Price and some really fine work from Corman behind the camera. The sequence where Leo Gordon is attacked is brilliant.

2- From Beyond - Pacing is all over the fucking place but it's a very fun movie, like all of Gordon's HPL adaptations. It has jack shit to do with the original story, plot and tone wise, like all of Gordon's HPL's adaptations.

3- L'isola Degli Uomini Pesce - It starts quite interesting, with an attempt to create a mysterious atmosphere around the island, but it quickly moves into a silly adventure that's not as amusing as its monsters design. Still worth a watch if you're a Martino fan, or just a fan of Italian schlock in general, I guess.

4- Marebito - The first part of the movie is really good. Every time you think you know where it's going, it moves in a different direction, making you feel just as uneasy as the main character. Then, once the girl shows up, it just becomes a pretty dull, run of the mill j-horror movie. It would've been a great short film.

5- The Whisperer In Darkness - Surprisingly well made movie. It's obviously a low budget affair, but I feel it's much less amateurish than Call of Cthulhu. The climax is pretty silly and unlovecraftian but it's still a pretty fun little movie. I can see this working better with non-fans than COC, even though as a fan myself, I do like that one better.

6- Out Of Mind - It has the same fault pretty much all HPL adaptations have and that is that it uses Lovecraft's themes, characters, plots but none of the atmosphere. Not to say this doesn't have any atmosphere at all, but it's certainly not very lovecraftian. It's still quite enjoyable and its short length keeps it from reaching the napcore fate than most of HPL's adptations seem to be doomed to.

>>
>>79020537
7- Cthulhu - Pretty fun if you're into small town amateur filmmaking, I certainly expected way worse. The locations and sountrack are pretty good, actually. It does start to drag after the 40 minute mark or so (as most of this kind of films do halfway through) but this was short enough not to get too boring. Not an actually good film, but I enjoyed it.

8- Prison - Entretaining enough movie with a pretty dumb script elevated by good performances and great death scenes/special fx. The female lead was as fucking annoying as she was in Dust Devil, though. We get some Viggo buttock but no dick this time.

9 - A Nightmare on Elm Street Part 2: Freddy's Revenge - very dull quick cashgrab sequel. I've been told some of the other sequels are actually good, so I'm gonna give them a shot anyway, but this was just shit. Bonus points for the Bobby O. song though.

10 - A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors - Way better than the second part. It goes into a slump around the time the kid goes into a coma, and while it does pick up again at the end, it doesn't quite live up to the great first part. It's certainly worth watching for some really great dream sequences and death scenes. Also, I didn't remember Heather Langenkamp being that ugly, but at least we got dreamy John Saxon to make up for it.

11 - A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master - And it goes down again. The first hour is just uredeemable shit. Horrible dialogue, crappy acting, forced pop songs every other scene, and worst of all, boring nightmare/death sequences. It does pick up in the last 30 minutes when they let Screaming Mad George do what he does best (the soul pizza, cockroach and freddy's death scenes were really great). Still not enough to make it a good movie, but I guess it puts it one step ahead from part 2.
>>
>>79020565
12 - A Nightmare on Elm Street: The Dream Child - Well, I don't know if I'd say I liked this better than part 3, but so far it's the only one that kept me entretained all the way through. It's pretty short and wastes no time in teen drama bullshit and self-help dialogue like the other ones. I really enjoyed the asylum setting and the overall more gothic atmosphere and imagery, and I think it kept a good balance between the creepy and the silly stuff. Plus, it's got Schoolly fuckin' D!

13 - Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare - The final of the Nightmare movies I hadn't seen before. You could go pretentious and said this was the best one, at least in a "meta" way, since it's so poorly written, directed and acted that it feels like a bad dream. However, it's just a shitty movie but at least it's pretty funny most of the time. Just for that I'd place it above part 2, and maybe even above part 4.

14 - Leptirica - I enjoyed the exotic and fairy tale-like atmosphere, but I feel like I missed something for not being familiar with the original story/legend. There are a few things that aren't explained because they're probably obvious for the people from the Balkans that watch the movie, but certainly weren't obvious enough for me. Is not that I really needed to know every single detail to enjoy it, but I felt somewhat left out. Still, an enjoyable, somewhat unique short movie that worked out just fine to break away from all the 80s cheese from the Freddy movies. The setting, the monster and the use of humor kinda reminded me of The She Beast, but without the mandatory and usually anoying element of "the foreigner".
>>
Combo breaker
>>
>>79014173
*4/10
>>
>>79020596
15 - Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer - Great film. Of course, it doesn't really live up to its "shocking" reputation nowadays, but it's a very good film anyway. I loved how low key camerawork, acting and soundtrack were. It doesn't try too hard to be shocking, and because of that it really pulls you in and makes you feel interested in these characters, and not just in what they do. It's one of the few films I've watched lately that I kinda wish was longer, I could've kept watching for another hour, easily. I might be overrating it a bit because it's the first actually good, "serious" film I've watched in a long time but I really loved it.

16 - The Asphyx - Terrible napcore film. Every time the story seemed to get to a point where it could turn somewhat interesting, it went in the most contrived, dumb, and worst of all, boring and uninteresting direction it could. The endless dull dialogue and boring actors didn't help one bit either. They couldn't even pick nice looking ladies to look at. The Asphyx itself was pretty nice though.

17- The Devil's Rain - Pretty much the opposite of The Asphyx. Short, to the point, carried along by a great over the top performance from the always reliable Ernest Borgnine. The story is complete nonsense but it makes for a pretty entretaining movie, with plenty of colorful 70s occult imagery. It does suffer a bit when Tom Skerritt takes over the lead from Shatner, and the final melting scene goes for way too long but it's certainly worth a watch for Bornigne alone. And that final shot.
>>
>>79020622
18 - Inferno In Diretta - Gory and violent actioner from Ruggero Deodato that sadly gets quite dull any time there's no violence on screen. The gore alone makes it worth watching, and Simonetti's score is good but the story and characters are just boring. Richard Lynch (who plays the only somewhat interesting character in the whole movie) is criminally underused. The movie also seemed to have a higher budget than most italian exploitation movies, but it only helps it to feel more like a wasted oportunity.

19 - Vampyr - I think the subtitle (Der Traum Des Allan Gray) describes the movie better than the actual title, since it's more interested in creating a dreamlike feel rather than a strictly horror one, with plenty of surrealistic imagery and sequences. And I don't mean anything bad by pointing this out, since it's a brilliant movie. Some scenes, like the one legged shadow coming back to its owner, are excellent. A real classic.

20 - Tourist Trap - Very goofy TCM/Psycho knockoff made enjoyable by a couple of creepy scenes, a great setting, and most of all, a very fun performance by Chuck Connors.

21 - The Reincarnate - If there was ever any perfect example of a napcore movie, then this would be it. I downloaded it because I saw its trailer as a teenager and it stuck with me forever. It had melancholic music, an ominous voiceover and absolutely nothing interesting happening on screen, and that's exactly what I got, so I guess I can't complain.

22 - The Dead Pit - Good bad movie, with a very dumb script, terrible acting, and cheap fx. The cinematography, with lots of tilted, high and low angle and wide lens shots, along with a unnaturalistic lighting full of greens, blues and reds gives it a comic book-like feel that makes it quite enjoyable. Still, like plenty of these movies, it's too long for its own good. This kinda stuff shouldn't go beyond 80-85 minutes.
>>
>>79020643
23 - Piedone L'africano - Saw this with my nephew, who's a big Bud Spencer fan. These international sequels aren't as fun as the first Flatfoot movie was (which might be my favorite Bud Spencer solo movie), but it's ok. It stays entretaining enough all the way through, which isn't too bad considering it's nearly 2 hours long.

24 - Cannibal Girls - Merely ok self aware drive-in fare, driven by the funny improvised dialogue and performances by the two leads. The very thin plot completely runs out of steam at the 60 minute mark though, so even at 82 minutes it feels plods to get to a very underwhelming ending. Not a classic by any means but not a total bore like most exploitation movies from this era.

25 - La Casa 3 - Pretty funny Italian B movie (although calling it "B" might be overrating it a little). It's got everything you'd expect from this kinda film: senseless plot, awkward dialgoue, shitty acting and cheap fx. Seeing Donal O'Brien in this was simultaneously nice and sad.

26 - La Casa 4 - It's kinda weird that first timer Fabrizio Laurenti managed to make a more professional looking movie than the much more experienced Lenzi did in the previous one, aided by better lead actors and almost none that weird version of English that the Italians usually have in their movies (note that when I say "more professional" and "better actors", it's just in comparison to the Lenzi film). However, this actually plays against the movie, and instead of having the amusing clusterfuck of La Casa 3, we just get a mediocre, mostly boring attempt at a spooky film, so I guess Lenzi wins anyway. The fireplace scene was pretty good and deserved to be in a better movie, though.

27 - La Casa 5 - This is a Fragasso/Drudi joint so my expectations were pretty high. Sadly, they weren't met. This is just a plain bad movie, with pretty much no entretainment value at all. Certainly not at the level of Troll 2 or After Death.
>>
>>79020672
28 - The Thing - I don't think I need to say anything about this one. Still a favorite after all these years.

29 - Street Soldiers - Cartoony street gang movie that's nothing but a bunch of street brawls, with some awful dialogue to stitch them together and the highest amount of montage sequences that I've ever seen in a single movie. Jeff Rector was pretty great as the over the top villain, I need to see him in more movies.

30 - The Fog - I didn't remember this one being so slow. It's probably the weakest of Carpenter's great 80s run, but still a good movie. It's got some pacing problems, mostly due to the plot needing only 6 murders and half of them ocurring in a single scene (such a great scene though). Also, the Janet Leigh character could've been taken off the movie and we'd have to deal with less pointless yapping padding the movie's runtime, or at least they could've killed her to give us a moment of relief.

31 - Highway to Hell - The script isn't as clever as it think it is, and in some parts you can hear the writer patting himself on the back so hard it's kinda annoying. The acting didn't help much either, most of it was pretty shitty. Luckily, the director got a big hand from the art and FX departments and the movie is visually entretaining enough to make it watchable.

32 - Dead Of Night - Decent but rather harmless anthology from Dan Curtis and Richard Matheson. It's probably worth watching for the last segment alone, which is nothing really original or groundbreaking but it's well shot and suspenseful. I thought it felt rather familiar and it turns out that they reused it for Trilogy Of Terror II, which I saw many years ago and barely remember.

33 - Legion Of The Night aka Dead City - Fun STV crap, with an army of robo-zombie-ninjas that shoot sideways. Everyone's a tough guy with an attitude, and the bad guy spends the last part of the movie trying to sound menacing with a midget voice. Starring Ron Asheton from The Stooges.
>>
HOLY....
>>
This is not your fucking blog, embryo piece of shit
>>
>>79020692
>>79020672
>>79020643
>>79020622
>>79020596
>>79020565
>>79020537
fucking stop, you autist
>>
>>79020692
34 - Hellmaster - Why?
>>
Good to see someone still cares about film.....
>>
>>79020798
Where?
>>
redpill me on embryos
>>
>>79020830
I was being sarcastic
>>
>>79021078
Sure
>>
I wish I could write little reviews like this dude. It's really difficult for me to write down my impressions of a film
>>
>>79021296
Write something about the last film you watched
>>
>>79021318
I literally can't write a single sentence without cringing hard and deleting it
>>
>>79021386
Just try anon.
>>
>>79021386
That's good behavior, congrats.
If people did more of that, things wouldn't be so shit here and there.
>>
CURRENT THREAD!!: >>79014044

Mucho importante
>>
TELLING THE TRUTH CAN BE BAD FOR BUSINESS
HONEST AND POPULAR DON'T GO HAND IN HAND
>>
>>79021421
agreed, particularly those hurrdurr ur a embryo kiddies. Maybe they just need more hugs from mommy?
>>
File: 1466989994929.jpg (20KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1466989994929.jpg
20KB, 306x306px
Good thread today, lads.
>>
The Moonlight (2016) only shines from a half-moon for me. Basically because I dislike how directors today compete over who can be the most vague with their storytelling. I've rambled about this before and here I go again.

We are in a generation without a soundtrack. Just think of the 60s and what made those films feel so damn cool. Or the jazz infested films before that. Or the synths of the 80s. Now it's all about creating an ambiance. Whatever cool music there is it only serves as fragments to break the monotone sounds with the flow of imagery, in what's basically become storytelling in slow montages where acting has been transformed into staying mostly mute while posing, expressing emotion so subtle that there's nothing there in the bland and pointless world of the camera.

I'm not saying the story is pointless. I appreciate that one. It's sweet in a confused environment. It's just the way it's told in caricatures which make it such. But that's todays generation for you. Less is less, and less is good, because, by God, if we would want to provoke any emotion outside of our introvert way of communicating.
>>
>>79022627
Please, every thread is always shit, there's no other scenario.
Good one on saving it, buddy boy
>>
>>79022790
>I'm not saying the story is pointless. I appreciate that one. It's sweet in a confused environment. It's just the way it's told in caricatures which make it such. But that's todays generation for you. Less is less, and less is good, because, by God, if we would want to provoke any emotion outside of our introvert way of communicating.
This doesn't transition into the next thought very well.
>>
>>79020537
These posts were annoying but I would absolutely follow him if he had a letterboxd and logged films like that as he watched

Any recommendations for people that leave 1 paragraph thoughts of everything they watch?
>>
>>79022825
lol whatever buddy
>>
>>79023294
Dumb lolbuddy poster
>>
"you cannot be proud of being white & not be a racist. it's a tautology. you can be proud of your irish heritage. you can be proud of your german heritage. you can be proud of your lutheran heritage or your appalachian roots or your large italian family's sunday gravy tradition. you cannot be proud of your *white* heritage b/c there is no such thing. whiteness only exists as a power relationship. a system of domination is not a culture to take pride in unless you are an asshole." - k.m.
>>
>With apologies, a white girl is going to talk about jazz: As I am given to understand, jazz was, more or less (because of bad record keeping at the time, the birth certificate of jazz is unclear on the precise location--white people demanding the full length version think it will reveal it was born in Omaha, but we all know better) born in a New Orleans flophouse, as known Caucasian Ryan Gosling says (thank you, nevin), failing to ever actually really explain it well. He mentions that the people didn't even speak the same language. He doesn't mention they weren't white. He doesn't mention what brought many of them there is that their ancestors were stolen from their homes and dragged across an ocean to be enslaved. He doesn't mention that jazz was appropriated by white musicians and white record executives and white club owners and white listeners; when confronted with the stereotypical blandness of Kenny G, he refers to passion and emotion and so on, but he doesn't talk about appropriation and history and how race played such a huge part in it all.

>Some people will dismiss something as "too white." I will sign on: this film is too white. This is not a cultural designation; this is a note about how this film has no awareness of its cultural appropriation. This is a note about how this film sidelines every person of color. This is a note about how this film presents two main characters who replace personality with cuteness, whose entire arcs are predictable, starving artist tropes drawn from the aforementioned lowest common denominator, bland faces on bland plots on bland themes, and yet they are lauded and loved and celebrated and awarded for it. This is a note about how this film steals mythologies from black musicians and posits a white guy as some sort of passionate savior of jazz (in his own small way) while having judgment for a black man trying to make a living off a (supposedly) more accessible style.
>>
>>79023540
yep. & that's just fine. fine by me. angry little bitch aint happy bout that tho rite! she lives in america the land of the free but she's still PIST that white people are reaping the benefits of generational good manners & compliance. yeah this stupint bitch feels the pain, feels the injustice! grow the fuck up, dumb fat faggot.
>>
>>79023587
>Celebrate this film for drawing from the history of musicals. You can feel Rogers and Astaire's "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off" in spirit oozing out of "A Lovely Night," even if the dancing lacks the spectacle of the former. You can sense Singin' in the Rain in the big finale dream sequence. You cannot miss Jacques Demy even if you closed your eyes and ears and only sniffed the film from across the world. Yes, those musicals have their own problematic histories to contend with, but if we impose some limits on how far back we go, at least there's a line between these things and La La Land that doesn't entirely reek of treating the art of oppressed people as a smorgasbord. Celebrate, too, the fact that while this film isn't a model of gender equality (really if someone called me a baby for crying, I'd be so done), it still features a man ceding his romantic interests to a woman's career. It could have been handled better, but it still managed to surprise me. Celebrate that this film has a scene where two people float in the air and dance. Celebrate some of those shots, especially those beautiful views of the city.

>But do so with acknowledgments of its flaws. This film is the middle-of-the-road sort of crowdpleaser people tell you it is because it is a product of whiteness.
>>
>>79023587
>>79023627
Jesus, it is begging for an electroshock
>>
>>79023627
The finale was far more like An American in Paris than Singin' in the Rain.
>>
File: 1475276957153.png (108KB, 357x368px) Image search: [Google]
1475276957153.png
108KB, 357x368px
>Chazelle's casual and "friendly" elitism on Whiplash wasn't a coincidence. In here, he is as inmature as in his previous film, making fun of synthpop, and popular music in general (with the most exaggerated examples possible), lecturing constantly about Jazz and Cinema (turns out, cinema AND music are pretty much non existent since the fifties), populating the film with excruciating and annoying pricks so the audience can easily identified itself with the two central characters, which are built pretty much on their physical appearance and a couple of scenes only, throwing away any chance of real character development, muting the dialogue and turning up the volume of the music instead. Actually, any chance of deveolpment transforms in very brief transitions.

>This film is just a sketch, so the audience can fuel the characters with their fantasies and realities, so they are never challenged by them. Because of that, the connection between Gosling and Stone never really works; the film at the end it is saved only because of Stone's and Gosling's natural chemistry, its simply and infectious soundtrack and because of its flashy, accelerated and hyperactive style. Chazelle is all about style, to the point that he forgets to fill his nicely decorated package with anything at all.
>>
>>79023679
>It never becomes a film of its own, it is a nice homage, but the film gets lost in the same traditionalism that Gosling's character preaches, so it can only work on people that have no previous experience with (decent) musicals.

>But the ironic element is that, by Chazelle's own assumption, he might have made the same popular, easy to digest, simplistic "garbage" in the same vein that the poorly treated John Legend's song (which is bad, because Chazelle REALLY wants to convince us that it is bad). I won't even mention the already well reported fact that Gosling is the white savior of Jazz. It has been said too many times.

>Chazelle asumes that everything that is popular and pays the bills is terrible and anyone who works on those things is either a fraud or an asshole. According to this film, being popular and selling lots of records is a fake dream.

>"The fools who dream", are only a handful of people, and those are the ones that Chazelle approves only.
>>
Why are people here so triggered about literally any opinion being formed on la la land
>>
>>79023716
Art should be protected from radical anti-art embryos
>>
>>79023716
The above doesn't trigger because of La La Land, the film doesn't even matter.
>>
>>79023779
shouldn't you be more concerned with protecting your ass from aids?
>>
>>79023822
I always keep my P226 with me
>>
>>79023779
Like yourself
>>
/pastafrola
>>
File: 1480410529140.jpg (59KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
1480410529140.jpg
59KB, 700x525px
pastafrola
>>
/nigfrola
>>
>>79023679
>>79023696
he's right
>>
>>79024363
hahahha AHAHAH SCUSE ME? nah. nah you're just fuck-tarded beyond belief. paste another review, any review, let's see how ingenious it is. you'll just end up embarrassed my man. sally is human garbage. sack of shit he's got a buncha paragraphs behind his ever-lackluster vision but the final product always reminds us that he has nothing to say. dumb dirtbag thinks he's renaissance man then he gets his stupid ass laughed outta letterboxd by full-heartedly embodying the hide-from-life triggert leftard attitude, and the next flavor of the month movie freakout to remind people he still exists. dumb monkey dirtbag leftist ideologies fizzled out since trump won, hate to break it to your basic, basic ass. fucked up bitch stab his eyes out with a pumpkin carver lapping up the aqeuous humor
>>
>>79024363
No, not really
>>
If you think that cultural appropriation is bad it means you've never talked to a someone whose culture was "stolen", but you'll defend it on internet because you're a faggot white knight
>>
>>79025195
this cultural appropriation meme is terribly ignorant of cultures and how they influence each other 24/7 tbhqbhwyhuwauys.
>>
Rostova here

Got my first tinder date tomorrow lmao. Got any advice? She seems fairly hip but not a true patrician
>>
File: Harrelson.jpg (97KB, 582x424px) Image search: [Google]
Harrelson.jpg
97KB, 582x424px
Charles Voyde Harrelson (July 23, 1938 – March 15, 2007) was an American organized crime figure who was convicted of assassinating federal judge John H. Wood Jr., the first federal judge killed in the 20th century. He was the estranged father of actor Woody Harrelson.

damn didn't know Woody's father was a hitman.
>>
>>79025329
>name your son after your victim
Damn....
>>
>>79025329
based
>>
File: AAAA-17.png (482KB, 634x756px) Image search: [Google]
AAAA-17.png
482KB, 634x756px
>>
File: 1458795873502.jpg (584KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1458795873502.jpg
584KB, 3840x2160px
>>79024435
>>
Emily's jeans are amazing <3
>>
I'm looking for a boyfriend, who'll best take car of me, synt or machill?
>>
>>79027090
I'll take wonderful car of you if and only if you prove you are worthy of my love
>>
>>79027182
I don't want a car I don't have a driving licence
>>
>>79027204
>don't have a driving license

dropped
sorry pal
>>
Cinemos when?
>>
File: 1478058188091.jpg (317KB, 610x860px) Image search: [Google]
1478058188091.jpg
317KB, 610x860px
>>
Will movies ever be good again?
>>
File: yikes.jpg (27KB, 686x215px) Image search: [Google]
yikes.jpg
27KB, 686x215px
Has there ever been a more cringe worthy review?
>>
>>79030374
They never stopped, though
>>
>>79030493
It's dumb, but in the silly way. There's far far far worse
>>
File: 1467444076420.jpg (98KB, 989x722px) Image search: [Google]
1467444076420.jpg
98KB, 989x722px
>>79030493
>t. Sally
>>
>>79030645

Oh boy, I forgot about that one.
>>
>>79030493
That's a copypasta that has been used as a review on several different films.
>>
>>79030499
They most certainly have. You're just young, thus seeing a lot of stuff that's been done better by older movies for the first time, thus confusing it for new.

everyone goes through that "I want real stories and stuff! These movies are so fake! People don't talk like that!" phase that leads them into the huge shifting wad of instantly forgotten but instantly replaced indie films. Then after a while they recognize how interchangeable all these films are and either find one director to obsess over (malick is a really popular choice here) or just kinda ditch film completely.

But no one ever realizes how close they are to the end of their film obsession because they think because of how many movies have been made, they still have movies forever.
>>
>>79030838
Thanks for the elephant-sized projection
>>
>>79030493
it's actually funny
only people with shitty reviews wouldn't laugh
>>
File: 1463103788036.png (227KB, 484x458px) Image search: [Google]
1463103788036.png
227KB, 484x458px
>>
Anyone know if the films on Festival Scope (free films, streaming service) are worth watching? they had Happy Hour months ago
>>
>>79033110
>Happy Hour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYOKMUTTDdA
>>
File: 1459186869095.jpg (10KB, 247x247px) Image search: [Google]
1459186869095.jpg
10KB, 247x247px
new gender respect it or block me
>>
It's a 2 movie night tonight boys!!!!
>>
>>79033786
The Pest and TDKR
>>
File: 1468771465349.png (239KB, 514x297px) Image search: [Google]
1468771465349.png
239KB, 514x297px
>>
where do I start with Fassbinder?
>>
>>79034925
Steve Jobs and No Country For Old Men are good and Zombieland if you like Emily Jean
>>
File: 1466663041702.jpg (14KB, 238x192px) Image search: [Google]
1466663041702.jpg
14KB, 238x192px
>>79034942
>>
>>79034992
Ah-bloo-bloo
>>
If Emily Jean were a movie, Edgar Cochran would give her a 100/100
If Emily Jean were a director, she'd be Federico Fellini
If Emily Jean were a country of film, she'd be Italy
If Emily Jean were a style of filmmaking, she'd be French New Wave
If Emily Jean were anymore perfect, she'd be Emily Jean

-Made by Anonymous on 1/31/2017
>>
File: 1455724552539.png (121KB, 201x332px) Image search: [Google]
1455724552539.png
121KB, 201x332px
This is one of the funniest movies i have ever seen if you want to have a good time it is just the best celebrities in the funniest scenes going crazy its like the whitest kids u know i laughed so hard in the theater i almost got kicked out it was funny. there is a lot of nudity i only wish it was a lot longer because each scene was pretty short..there is period blood an animatied cat!!!!!!!!!! GO SEE IT 2DAY
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-02-02-15h20m15s295.png (2MB, 1920x1090px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-02-02-15h20m15s295.png
2MB, 1920x1090px
who was in the wrong here?
>>
>>79035581
the dude using vlc
>>
so is hidden fortress a good place to start if i want to get into akira kurosawa?
>>
>>79035581
that guywas an asshole
>>
File: 1475569232312.png (23KB, 493x176px) Image search: [Google]
1475569232312.png
23KB, 493x176px
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIp1I5Atr3Q
>>
WOOH nailedem
>>79035931
>>
>>79024435
that's not a sally review, autist
>>
>>79036202
still nailt u, fogof
>>
how many films do i have to watch before i leave embryohood?
>>
>>79036253
embarassing
>>
>>79036348
nah. you are, no offense.
>>
>>79036307
2500 minimum
>>
>>79036487
No it's 1000.
>>
>>79036543
lol sure buddy
>>
File: 1483732274969.png (172KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1483732274969.png
172KB, 300x300px
>>79036566
>>
File: 1.jpg (198KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
198KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>
File: 1465636459612.jpg (52KB, 467x438px) Image search: [Google]
1465636459612.jpg
52KB, 467x438px
i can't stop having dreams
about emily jean
>>
>>79036253
you nailed shit
that review BTFO every single anti-art embryo fan of La La Land
>>
Is it true Edward Yang is a meme?
>>
>>79037341
NOHP. i was always winning skillfully and with tact while you squirm uncomfortably and manage to squeal out some hyperactive half-speak but it aint enough to make a solid point. just enough to satisfy the demented misguided hatred in your poop-brain until the next time you spot one of my brilliant posts triggering your ptsd or some shit and you can go off on some pointless tangent. it's a sad thing, you best just give up nd enjoy my contributions respeqq ten-hut
>>
>>79036543
t. embryohands
>>
The latest batch of /lbg/ memes suck really bad, worse than yikes and embryoposting and aeltbx even

Edward yang is a meme- bad meme
Emily Jean- bad meme
winstonneposting- bad meme
doubleposting- mostly stopped now admittedly but bad meme
Donald trump- bad meme
7/10 movie getting praise- bad meme
>>
https://letterboxd.com/Jester851/

The Man From Nowhere was incredible. Any recs based on that?

I also plan on re-watching A Serious Man today.
>>
File: Hell or High Water.jpg (122KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Hell or High Water.jpg
122KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>79037420
your prolix diatribes fool no one, embryo
come back when you actually have something to say
>>
>>79037457
*lean to mic* WRONG. talkin about memes like that's some new thing you added to the shitty culture. This isn't a purposeful spectacle. Jus laying it all out there. You are literally trash compared to me. I'm on the up & up. You will never approach the level of prominence that I have mustered. I am brilliance. I am creation. You are a hollow echo, sharting out memes that would swiftly earn you a handful of suggestions to end yr life on any other place but this. dirtdicked in the trough, I spit on u. Some people get complacent with their obscurity. They don't know anything different. Can't conceptualize what I mean when I remark how goddamn much better than you, that I am, me
>>79037493
hah my actual "gimmick" earns me a comfortable life. this-- this is just a subliminal reaffirmation that will creep into your subconscious, into your uneventful dreams tonite. broken behind the face
>>
>>79037457
>Emily Jean- bad meme
>doubleposting- mostly stopped now admittedly but bad meme
these are the same as
>winstonneposting- bad meme
>>
>>79037535
*leans into mic also* actually I'm not wrong, I'm right
>>
>>79037568
yea bro whatevs. yawneen atcha.
>>
If you ain't white you ain't right

Amdi you will be the first to go once it's legal to kill your kind
>>
>>79014173
you mean a 2/10 movie, right?
>>
>>79014214
>>79016918
>>79020620
>>79038377
>wahhh whitey still be in da movies insteada workin on da cotton fields wahhh
Fuck off to Tumblr
>>
Why there are users like Evan that are so popular while they have shit taste?
>>
File: 1472083725007.gif (49KB, 128x128px)
1472083725007.gif
49KB, 128x128px
>>
>>79038587
Because it's a website specifically for people with shit taste.
>>
>>79038474
liking this hollow shadow of greater musicals outs YOU as a tumblrfag, not me. and i don't like black slave bait or holocaust bait, either. nice projection
>>
>>79040383
bro it's not even about the musicals or oscars. always falling for the low-hanging movie-discourse talking point, except in this case you're sooo mad you cannot counter the film industry except to half-assedly diss the movies that are coming to the forefront. because the lame-ass /tv/ posters never give you anything compelling to share. because there's no cohesive community you can be a part of that proves their own points. no community that you can find that drills down to the heart of the art form, to the facts of the matter. just mischaracterize the other side til enuff ppl believe it. well, 'taint workin'. regroup, restrategize. cause u losin bad
>>
Update: it's actually going to be a 3 movie night!!!

Buckle up fellas!
Thread posts: 196
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.