[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should the next Trek movie be about?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 2STAR2TREK.jpg (150KB, 757x797px) Image search: [Google]
2STAR2TREK.jpg
150KB, 757x797px
What should the next Trek movie be about?
>>
>>79010651
Shrek Trek
>>
>>79010651
bad guy with big ship seeking revenge.
>>
>>79010651
Wish they'd stop giving a shit about trying to please a fucking popcorn audience and try to do some deeper exploration about the metaphysical philosophical realms that Star Trek often dealt with.

I want the next film to have no villain. I know we won't ever get something The Voyage Home worthy, but these films could be so much more if they just stopped and spent a little time to think.
>>
File: POETRY.jpg (257KB, 840x1086px) Image search: [Google]
POETRY.jpg
257KB, 840x1086px
>>79010890
This.
>>
>>79010651

Star Trek vs Star Wars
>>
>>79010651
is this sex
>>
Something that isn't a fucking prequel
>>
>>79011247
No, they see your dick.
>>
>>79011056
BIG BLACK SHIPS
>>
>>79011304
I am a big guy
>>
Make it a musical.
>>
>>79010651

big black space dicks going into those mouths.
>>
>>79010651
Introducing the new version of TNG/DS9/VOY characters
>>
what a shit thread
>>
>>79011902
'no'
>>
>>79010651
Nothing, because it shouldn't be made. The new generation doesn't care about Star Trek, old fans hate the new movies, and they refuse to do the series justice. beastieboyssabotagescene.webm
>>
It shouldn't, movies are an artistically dead medium, this is the new golden age of netflix motion picture series.

Modern series are essentially 8-10 hour long films spread over the course of 8-10 episodes, one hour each of course.

This fits Star Trek perfectly. It gives the time necessary to build characterisation, explore philosophy and social issues as Trek has always done.

This time it doesn't have to be episode of the week, you can take plots such as Voyager's "year of hell" episode which would work PERFECTLY with the new online series format.
>>
>>79012596
>people pretending to be old fans hate the new movies

Fixed.
>>
>>79010651
Checkov got killed by some dude off screen, whole crew goes to revenge, and brings him back through space magic, except now he's a chick played by taylor swift.

the whole crew bangs her
>>
>>79013017
If you say so. I'm no trekkie but that's the impression that I get from people who have actually watched TOS/TNG in full. They wanna see Shatner or Stewart, not some twenty-something literally who at the helm of the Enterprise.
>>
>>79013299
Maybe hipsters. My dad and uncle are huge Trekkies who watched TOS and TNG episodes when they originally aired and they love the Abrams Trek movies including Into Darkness.

The purist bullshit seems to be mostly a Gen-X/Millennial obsession.
>>
>>79013017
I watched TNG when it aired, I hate the new movies. I know some people my age like them, though I'm not aware of any fans of the series that like the new movies. It's almost as if you can't accurately generalize everyone born in a certain time period.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.