[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Tower

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: BIG-BLACK-TOWER.gif (66KB, 427x320px) Image search: [Google]
BIG-BLACK-TOWER.gif
66KB, 427x320px
Are you guys excited yet?
>>
>>79008010

WOAH that image is quite racist
>>
>stephen king

who can forget such great hits like Sleepwalkers and Running Man?

he's always been shit and his adaptations equally shit, but hey, get mad at there being a nigger in the movie
>>
>>79008057
How so? I think it's a marvelous display of the vibrant African-American culture that we all benefit from in todays multicultural society. Maybe what you describe is your own latent racism, manifesting itself because you have never addressed it honestly.
>>
>>79008010
I love the whole mythology really much. I am a HUGE fan of the novels but I already know that it will be not what I was dreaming of.

It should be style wise a mixture of Sergio Leone and Jodorowsky but we will get a pretty straight forward fantasy movie with some twists. I bet all the surreal and psychological undertones will be almost not be there anymore.
>>
File: G-D.png (1MB, 1100x1080px) Image search: [Google]
G-D.png
1MB, 1100x1080px
>>79008078
>Running Man?
>his adaptations equally shit
What in the heck son? Running Man is a modern classic...
>>
>>79008078
>he's always been shit and his adaptations equally shit

Stand by Me, Shining, The Mist, Misery, Secret Window, the original Carrie, Green Mile and yeah even The Shawshank Redemption worked pretty well on the big screen.
>>
>>79008198
Don't mind those idiots here, most people will never understand the glorious feel of 80s dystopian movies anymore.
>>
>>79008288
Movies from a better time, about a time we will never get to experience.
>>
>>79008441
On the other hand, the 80s were pretty angst-driven with all the cold war and political stuff going on. We might getting into a new golden age of dystopian movies now...
>>
>>79008643

America literally has a dystopian four years ahead.
>>
>>79008643
Maybe. But despite the media hysteria, no one seems to really believe that global thermonuclear war is a possibility, the greatest fear of millennials is going to the shitter and seeing the sign on the door is assuming their gender.

I fear we will have another decade of super hero movies and politically driven movies where Mike & Donald show up to a gay teens house with a car battery and some jumper cables.

I don't know if i'm just nostalgic, but it just seems like everything is more on the nose now.
>>
File: lyrone.jpg (73KB, 640x349px) Image search: [Google]
lyrone.jpg
73KB, 640x349px
I'm looking forward to the casting of L in Deathnote more, personally
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.