[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do Wes Anderson films make you feel so warm and fuzzy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

How do Wes Anderson films make you feel so warm and fuzzy?
>>
>>79001962

They make me feel irrational rage. I hate that man, I wish he never made a movie again.
>>
They don't make me feel that way at all, i hate his films
>>
Warm, comfy, reminiscent of being a scout, young love and puberty, the mysterious world of adults
>>
>>79001962
Its the quirkyness.
>>
watching his films is instead an experience wherein i become gradually upset over the course of two hours.

at the 30 minute mark im slightly annoyed
but the one hour mark im literally pissed off
if i make it to the end im literally in a sour mood for at least an hour after the film

it's like hanging out with a twee idiot who gradually wears down your patience until you snap SHUT THE FUCK UP and leave the room
>>
Quirkiness along with the soft pastel coloring makes for a very comfy experience
>>
>>79002091
>>79002006
>>79001985

What is it specifically about his style that annoys you?
>>
>>79002393
Inb4 meme responses
>>
>>79002393

It's the overall 'hurr durr quirky' of the characters, plus his stories don't interest me at all.

Fantastic Mr. Fox was the worst, because I was expecting a lot and it was just...scenes. With no real plot, no investment, no real ending, no real beginning, just lol fox in a suit.

I think Anderson is just lazy. It's lazy film making. With indie music.
>>
File: 1485622615705.jpg (491KB, 1280x1569px) Image search: [Google]
1485622615705.jpg
491KB, 1280x1569px
>>79001962
I dunno, for some reason I just Enjoy The Films of Wes Anderson
>>
>>79001962
>DUDE LONG DISTANCE SHOTS OF WITH MOSTLY EMPTY SPACE LMAO.
>>
>>79001962

I only recently watched Moonrise Kingdom. Had never seen any of his films before. Looking forward to more of them.
>>
So many plebians in this thread
>>
>>79002093
He just makes the same movies over and over again, with mostly the same cast. All the characters are deliberately mundane and apathetic, because it's "quirky and fun" . It's like he doesn't write a movie until he hears enough new indie music to fill the soundtrack.
>>
Comfiest scene incoming

https://youtu.be/SugQb1UrBFU
>>
Can we have a proper Wes Anderson thread lads? Looking forward to I love Dogs 2bh
>>
>>79002926
>I love Dogs
Is this a movie about millennial women on social media?
>>
>>79001962
Wow, blues and oranges. What masterful cinematography.
>>
I mostly like his camera work. He rarely used zooms and mostly uses dolly shots instead. This is the correct way to do it because dolly shots are more interesting visually but zooms can be faster so it makes sense to save them for dramatic moments.

>>79002464
Fantastic Mr. Fox is a good movie but a terrible Roald Dahl adaption.
>>
>>79002475
Hi Wes!
>>
>>79002475
Did anyone try cooking that pastry?
>>
>>79002044
This is a good explanation. His films have an interesting and fresh way at interpreting events, not just visually but the way a scene can unfold. His characters have a certain honesty to them; that even the most profound and stoic of them can lose their temper, which is surprising because many of them seem robotic at first.

It really took me a long time to get into his films and I still don't like hipster indie stuff but he's really truly something different and I can't say I haven't thoroughly enjoyed each and every one of his works.
>>
Anyone else love his Christmas advert?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.