[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

which half is better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

which half is better?
>>
First.
>>
>>78999721
t. Hugh Pleb
>>
first. but both halves are excellent.
>>
tbf the first half is Shining redux
>>
Neither, they're both shit.
>>
Second because Animal Mother
>>
The second half of the first half and the first half of the second half combined
>>
>>78999783
patrician
>>
>>78999721
The first half by far
t. Patrician
Anyone who says otherwise is contrarian. The second half is full of half baked characters and anemic action. The ending had hardly any impact which was disappointing compared to the weight of the first part
>>
>>78999797
>calls himself patrician
>has completely plebian tastes
>>
The first is some of my absolute favorite black comedy in any movie
>>
the second. redditors prefer the first half because of quippy meme instructor
>>
>>78999828
>memestructor

u had one fucking job
>>
>>78999822
Yet here I am actually discussing why I thought it was bad. If you're going to call someone a pleb, at least explain why. Bad look my pleb friend
>>
Kubrick Is a hack
>>
>>78999828
WHO THE FUCK SAID THAT?
>>
>>79000035
I DIDN'T KNOW YOU COULD STACK SHIT THIS HIGH
>>
File: 1484711241517.jpg (247KB, 1584x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1484711241517.jpg
247KB, 1584x2000px
>>78999721
Part deux
>>
>>78999959
>Anemic action
Kubrick was never big on action, this is a non-point
>Half-baked characters
How exactly is the platoon they meet up with half-baked? Because you think so?
>>
>>78999721
first

second would be, if not for the reducted ending and the fact that the director didn't want to leave london
>>
>>79000240
The platoon is cliche and uninteresting. And fine let me rephrase it from action to pacing. It just drug and lost all movement. Even though there was fighting and "action" it just felt like the movie went no where
>>
The first.

The second half is so out of touch as far as war movies go, it's unbelievable.
>>
>>79000293
>Cliche and uninteresting
Subjective bias does not mean you're correct
>it felt like the movie went nowhere
Well where the fuck was it supposed to go? They were assigned to the shit, went with the platoon they were assigned to, and yet became the action they were supposed to report on, the second half was just as good as the first
>>
>>78999721
Patrician's choice is second half.
>>
The second half is better because of the fact that the first half was better.
>>
>Is that you John Wayne? Is this me?

Literally what did he mean by this?
>>
>>79002162
It's a reference to stranger things
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.