[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else heartbroken Luke failed us? Since the end of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: Luke.png (2MB, 915x1220px) Image search: [Google]
Luke.png
2MB, 915x1220px
Anyone else heartbroken Luke failed us?

Since the end of the original trilogy decades ago many of us older fans liked to think about Luke ad Leia rebuilding the Jedi.

To our surprise Luke failed.
>>
it's a fake story anon
they didn't continue existing after jedi ended
>>
File: IMG_0653.png (345KB, 450x299px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0653.png
345KB, 450x299px
>>78999323
It was the one thing the EU got right over JJ and Disney's new universe.

If for no other reason (and there are a lot of other reasons), I will forever hate TFA for utterly invalidating the OT after 30+ years of anticipation, and moving all of the legacy characters back to their starting points like some sort of shitty video game reset.
>>
File: 1483463702619.jpg (294KB, 1279x1331px) Image search: [Google]
1483463702619.jpg
294KB, 1279x1331px
>not concerned about the voice of sauron

ok then
>>
>>78999617
The character is actually called the MOUTH of Sauron
>>
>>78999323
luke wasn't a jedi master though
>>
>>78999432
>I will forever hate TFA for utterly invalidating the OT after 30+ years of anticipation, and moving all of the legacy characters back to their starting points like some sort of shitty video game reset.

this was probably the worst part of the movie for me. I'm amazed that so many hardcore fans loved TFA for how it shit all over the old characters
>>
>>78999682
>>78999432
you guys should go online and complain about it.
>>
File: misushiru.jpg (91KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
misushiru.jpg
91KB, 800x1200px
>>78999323
funny i always thought that when people found out they are Vader's children they would be exiled or killed,specially Leia, who wants to see Vader's daughter in the new senate or whatever
>>
>>78999732
Are you a Star Wars fan or not? Why are you in this thread if you're so above it all?
>>
>>78999802
>when people found out they are Vader's children
No one found that out. Did they? Also I wonder who told Kylo about his relation to Vader. I would keep it a secret from him.
>>
>>78999732
you should leave the house and be a bitch faggot outside rather than online for once
>>
>>78999732
Hey, they're not getting any of my money anymore, I'll complain all I want.
>>
>>78999882
space-wikileaks told everyone about them
>>
TFA ignored all aspects of the Star Wars universe. It is solely propaganda for race mixing and feminism brought by yours truly, Disney kikes.
>>
>>78999732
Do I talk first or you talk first? I talk first?
>>
>>78999323
>Luke
>running away after he lost his school and not trying to find Darth Schoolshooter and beat some sense into him
Bravo JJ. Literally everything up until now has been pointless.
>>
>>78999835
>>78999893
LOL how buttblasted are you faggots?
>>
>>78999976
Sounds a bit hypermasculine don't you think?
>>
>>78999323
>implying any part of Disney's nu-starwars is canon
>>
>>79000033
Maybe it's just what Jedi do. Run away and hide when things get a little difficult.
>>
>>79000069
This is where a retard would say "Well, Obi-Wan and Yoda did it!" while ignoring all context.
>>
>>79000033

Luke went off to go murder Darth Vader even though everyone told him not to.

Luke being defeated by a loser who can barely hold a lightsaber and five thugs(one of whom uses his fucking hands against lightsabers) is just absurd, especially when Luke himself did a number on normies like Bobba Fett.

Disney turning back the clock so Rey can be the Jedi savior is a disgrace
>>
>>79000100
wew laddy
>>
>>79000100
You mean in the context of them knowing Sheev is an evil space wizard and had children killed? Or the context in which they both could have tried to go against Sheev together?
Plus, Luke was doing literally nothing while a good friend of his suffered. That doesn't sound like him at all.
>>
>>78999323
Yes.
Also consider the disservice Disney did to Leia, who was considered equal to Luke in terms of potential in the Force. Instead of writing her a Jedi arc of her own, maybe one in which she uses the Force in conjunction with her skills as a diplomat and leader, Disney gives her nothing beyond what she already had by the end of ESB; a mild ability to sense the well being of members of her family.

What a waste to make Leia a do-nothing character who sits on the sidelines, handing out fetch quests to Han, Finn and Rey.

And then Disney, the great empoweror and creator of female role models, has the gall to cry crocodile tears over Carrie Fischer's death, after deliberately sabotaging her character's arc.
>>
>>79000168
kylo being his nephew has nothing to do with it?

>>79000199
>who was considered equal to Luke in terms of potential in the Force
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL no. inb4 some EU bullshit
>>
>>79000177
>You mean in the context of them knowing Sheev is an evil space wizard and had children killed? Or the context in which they both could have tried to go against Sheev together?
I mean the context of Sheev being an Emperor who rules the whole galaxy with an iron fist. I don't know why you're so oddly warping the events of Star Wars to fit your narrative that TFA isn't character assassination. Sheev did a whole lot more than get a school killed.
>>
>>79000225
>LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL no. inb4 some EU bullshit
But they're twins. It's perfectly logical that they're equal in potential. Remeber Yoda? "There is another"
>>
>>78999323
kind of, but im glad it's in disneys hands now, star wars needed a bit more diversity and women power
>>
>>79000225
It's not EU bullshit you retard. They were fraternal twins. Jorge established that the Force was based on genetic ability, and any genetic potential Luke had for the Force would be mirrored in Leia.

Unless you're /pol/ and you're saying that women aren't equal to men, in which case, you know where you need to go back to.
>>
>>78999432
>I will forever hate TFA for utterly invalidating the OT after 30+ years of anticipation, and moving all of the legacy characters back to their starting points like some sort of shitty video game reset.

This is one of the many things I also hated about VII. That's why I don't regard it as canon, I liked 1-6; so that's where the story begins and ends for me. If I want to watch star wars I'll watch the original trilogy, and ignore everything else.
>>
>>79000268
Well they could have joined the rebels. Yoda had literally nothing to do and was a general in the clone wars. One might think he would have been useful.
Ben didn't even changed his name and lived next to Vader's son on his home planet.
>>
>>79000299
>>79000317
great head canon you guys came up with.

movies never showed her with any potential, just sensitivity.
>>
>>78999323
who cares? Nu-star wars is dead now.
>>
File: george-lucas-600cs051612.jpg (42KB, 600x433px) Image search: [Google]
george-lucas-600cs051612.jpg
42KB, 600x433px
>all Sith and Jedi are wiped out at the end RotJ
>balance in the force is restored
>Luke goes and throws it off blance again by training more Jedis

Idiot had it coming. Stupid light side users never learn.
>>
Are normies (Red Letter Media fans) so vocal about their distaste for the prequels, that they'll never be referenced again?
>>
>>79000462
>that they'll never be referenced again?
supposedly VIII is gonna embrace them
>>
>>78999323
has star wars been dead to anyone else since george left? or just me?
>>
>>79000565

VII made me appreciate the prequels on an entirely new level, but I clinging onto a shred of hope that VIII will blow me away.
>>
>>79000362
sensitivity is potential
>>
>>79000462
>not knowing that prequel contrarian hipster faggots worship RLM
>>
>>79000199

I guarantee you they had planned to make Leia use Jedi powers in ep 8 and 9, specifically in a confrontation with Kylo.

Who knows if that will still happen now.
>>
>>78999323
NOBODY is going to take my memories of Luke rebuilding the Jedi Academy from my mind. Nobody.

The books are canon in my mind. I couldn't give a fuck what Disney does with the franchise.

I dropped the film universe once Phantom Menace shat all over it and haven't been back since.

I'm not missing anything.
>>
>>78999323
He should have been a man and not signed up for the sequel. He was literally the only person alive who could have single-handedly stopped this mess.

Imagine how fucked Disney would have been if he decided not to be in the movie.
>>
>>79000317
Women aren't equal to men. This is a biological fact.
>>
>>79000416
>light side

There's no light side. There's the Force, and the perversion of the Force (Dark Side)
>>
>>79000895
no it's not.
>>
>>79002578
>I guarantee you

Stop talking out of your ass. You have no idea what they had planned for her character
>>
>>79002632
>Imagine how fucked Disney would have been if he decided not to be in the movie.
You saw the public's reaction to TFA right? Mark Hamill was hardly in that. They could've set the sequels well after all the OT character's deaths and only mention them in passing. Maybe have Kylo talk about his parents and uncle. Plebs wouldn't mind. It would be "everything I hoped it would be!"
>>
sm͏h tb͏h fa͏m
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.