[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BUDGET: 25 million dollars EARNED: 175 million dollars Why the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: cloverfield.jpg (192KB, 1024x571px) Image search: [Google]
cloverfield.jpg
192KB, 1024x571px
BUDGET: 25 million dollars
EARNED: 175 million dollars

Why the fuck didn't we ever get a sequel from the Army's or news anchor's PoV? Cloverfield is the only modern kaiju movie worth a damn in my eyes.
>>
They'll pump it out sooner or later.
>>
Didn't they make a sequel? And it was like Cloverfield Lane or something?
>>
File: 1484707235420.png (119KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484707235420.png
119KB, 1200x800px
>>78998455
I don't think they will. People are perfectly OK with JJ slapping the brand name on every random movie. They're even saying "Cloverfield was never really good anyways". I want a giant monster movie, not some random retarded flick of a fat man going crazy in a bunker.
>>
I find the camerawork incredibly annoying, I haven't managed to sit through it after two tries.
>>
Whats with americans and obsessing with box office?
>>
>a sequel
Because it good on its own. A sequel wouldn't make much sense.
Another found footage (kaiju) movie by the same team would be great, though.
>>
>>78998516
it's the commercial success equals great movie fallacy. don't know why it's mostly Americans falling for it.
>>
>>78998464
Yeah but it had nothing to do with the original. It wasn't even in the same universe i don't think.
>>
I always figured that the GOAT cloverfield sequel would be done from the POV of a news network building collaborating reports from all over the world of seemingly endless amounts of monsters showing up. This was you can keep some of the footage aspect while expanding the scope wildly, having a bunch of different areas of the world and other characters, reporters, interviews, etc. Meanwhile they are trapped in their building as a monster wrecks havoc outside around them, small ones get in, etc etc.
>>
>It's a JJ Abrams is a hack episode
>>
>>78998592
It was in the same universe, but only loosely connected. You see some Tagruato documents and based on the fat dude's viral marketing, he worked for them. Also Slusho adverts.

Aside from that it must be some alternate timeline, because we know Clover is not an alien but a deep sea monster who mutated...

I'm also disapointed, I was hoping Clover would show up somehow in 10CL
>>
>>78998760
>Clover is not an alien but a deep sea monster who mutated...
There's footage showing it falling from the sky at the end of the movie.
>>
>>78998798
No that's just a Tagruato (?) sattelite

http://cloverfield.wikia.com/wiki/ChimpanzIII
>>
>>78998413
Because it was a 0/10 movie
>>
>>78998830
I remember that I paid to watch it, but literally nothing else.
>>
File: 1459625900336.jpg (53KB, 571x448px) Image search: [Google]
1459625900336.jpg
53KB, 571x448px
>Abrams said the monster was just a baby and the mother is much larger
>We'll never get to see just how big the big momma is
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.