[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was I in a bad mood, or did this really suck? Felt completely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

Was I in a bad mood, or did this really suck?

Felt completely pointless and random.
>>
>>78997752
it started pretty good but I lost interest rapidly when spooky Rooney Mara got killed offscreen.
>>
Nah, it's not very good. The first third was good, but once he leaves his mom and the adventure starts, the story becomes boring and cliche. The boat scene was god though.
>>
>>78997752
You were in bad mood or just stupid. The movie is great. Talks about the mistakes done in the past that can be repaired, power of love and that no one is living for themselves.
>>
File: vomito_02.gif (437KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
vomito_02.gif
437KB, 400x400px
>>78997752
>pointless and random.
>>
>>78997752
I really enjoyed it the whole time. The story was neat enough to keep my attention and whenever there was a lul in plot or progression the animation was beautiful enough to keep me happy.
>>
>>78997752
It was a great movie and even if you disagree with that you have to respect the work that went I to the stop motion animation.
>>
>>78997752
It's very pretty but it's a bit lacking with the story
>>
I enjoyed the animation. The story didn't really grab me.
>>
the flat-sounding VA's bothered me in this, especially texan-accent mcgouchgouaney

rooney was at least trying
>>
>>78998242
I enjoyed the movie but did they never bother to call the mother by her name?
>>
>>78997752
It's a great movie with a mediocre story.
>>
>>78998242
I thought the voice acting was one of the strong points. Especially the monkey and grandpa
>>
The sisters in the night confrontation and the underwater monster sequence were by far the best two bits of the film. Laika is at it's best when it's doing something tense, uncomfortable, and creepy.
>>
>>78997752
>b-but muh animation was b-beautiful

This movie was mediocre/forgettable at best.
>>
I liked it.

I didn't like how the final message was "fuck heaven/space/godhood, pray to fucking lanterns!"
>>
>>78997752
They spent so long making it that they forgot to have a decent story that connects it all.
Kinda ironic because kubo is a better story teller than the movie is.
>>
>>78997752
I remember it being good when I watched it but before seeing this thread I completely forgot this movie existed.
>>
>>78997752

It sucked.
>>
What's some Essential Stopmotion kino?
>>
>>78997752
The animation was great but that's all it has going for it
>>
>>78997752
It was great until the ending shat all over it.
>>
>>78997752
I appreciated it from a technical perspective but that was it. It wasn't very good otherwise.
>>
>>78998962
Mary and max.
Hunt for the wererabbit.
Jason and the argonauts.
Sinbad the sailor.
>>
>>78997752

Laika is a fucking joke company piece of shit. They can go fuck themselves. Aardmant is the only good stop motion company.
>>
>>78998962
Robocop
Empire Strikes Back
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.