[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well, at least it was better than Winter's Sleep

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Well, at least it was better than Winter's Sleep
>>
why would anyone wanna live in Turkey?
>>
>>78996353
Being a kebab enthusiast?
>>
>>78996102
Ceylan's best? Still, rather unremarkable. Is this really the best world cinema/arthouse has to offer? How low must the standards be?
>>
File: The_Tribe_poster.jpg (20KB, 260x378px) Image search: [Google]
The_Tribe_poster.jpg
20KB, 260x378px
>>78996470
some world cinema is interesting, and I even think Anatolia is one of those films. But there is a lot of crap to sift through on the festival circuit. Some really bad ideas out there, pic related.
>>
>>78996470
>Still, rather unremarkable.

Oh come on mate, it was pretty fantastic. The last fourty minutes were a drag, true, but the rest was great.

Winter Sleep though was weak outside the debate scenes, still well shot though, but it lacked Anatolias core.
>>
>>78997105
>an hour of filler
>the rest was great so it's fantastic
no, no no no. that's not how it works.
>>
You guys just didn't get it.
>>
>>78997146
I didn't think there was filler at the end. It's when the movie reveals that it was about the doctor this whole time. The reveal is very classy and unexpected. Also the conversation with the prosecutor in his office ripped my heart out. I think the movie really finds itself in the final act.
>>
It's been a while since I saw it, might have to watch it again. But I remember it being a bit boring even for an "arthouse" film
>>
>>78997146
You don't wanna go down that route mate. Forty minutes of noticable slower tempo and less interesting thigns happenign doesn't crash a movie, considering the last 80 minutes of Seven Samurai sucks Donkey Cock, the first 80 minutes of Solaris are unbearable, the last forty minutes of Yi Yi is kinda shite as well and the first two goddamn hours of Tokyo Story is incredibly uninteresting.

3 Hour drama arthouse films very rarely have a drop in pace and quality.
>>
>>78997722
> 3 Hour drama arthouse films very rarely have a drop in pace and quality.

*very often, sorry
>>
>>78997722
>the last 80 minutes of Seven Samurai sucks Donkey Cock
that's wrong.
>>
>>78996102
It was okay. That scene where the girl hands them tea in the dark room is the only reason it's worth watching since it had a dream-like quality I've never seen in another film.
>>
>>78997754
> main characters getting killed by offscreen Sniper in far away wide shots
> retarded tactics
> bandits fighting to the last man despite 200 villagers left and the village having nothing in it
> awful 50's action with people very obviously not getting hurt
> plot and character development coming to a complete halt
> incredibly repetetive "let one in and kill him" was repeated like eight times.

I'm not saying 100 % of it was awful, but overall it was pretty trash.
>>
>>78997822
> bandits fighting to the last man despite 200 villagers left and the village having nothing in it
> awful 50's action with people very obviously not getting hurt
> plot and character development coming to a complete halt
> incredibly repetetive "let one in and kill him" was repeated like eight times.
These are just action film conventions INVENTED by Seven Samurai. Sorry you didn't get it.
>>
>>78997880
I don't care if it's conventions or not, it was still terrible.

"Other movies do it too" does not excuse it.
>>
>>78997880
>Big battle scenes invented in the 1950's

Watch older movies kid
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.