[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did you honestly think when you saw this whole sequence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

What did you honestly think when you saw this whole sequence for the first time?

For me (before the memes started), it was both awful & great at the same time.
>>
>>78992565
>wtf this big guy Bane sounds like Vladimir Lenin
>>
>what the fuck is going on why did they drag me to a fucking capeshit movie
>>
>is that really his voice? Really?
>>
>>78992565
>What did you honestly think when you saw this whole sequence for the first time?
What the fuck is that guy saying, and why has one of the main characters had his voice rendered almost inaudible when he has a ton of dialogue
>>
I didn't really get what was happening but it was impressive
>>
i was more confused than anything when i saw it for the first time

people single out this scene as being ridiculous, and it is, but the rest of the movie isn't much better
>>
Big guy for you didn't really register as strange for me. I just thought Bane was saying it because he humbly saw "big guy" as a relative term. He believed that a man can be many things and sizes can be deceptive. He didn't see himself as a "big guy". He saw it as a relative term when in the presence of CIA. Bane believed that there some men who would make Bane himself be a small guy, but they weren't on that plane.
>>
>>78992565
I didn't watch it immediated, only as a part of the whole film. I thought why the fuck didn't see their faces before boarding the prisoners. How retarded are they. The "big guy" dialogue was dubbed and it didn't sound wrong.
>>
>>78992663
What do you mean it was not wrong and dubbed? Did they change the wording of the conversation in the dub you watched?
>>
>>78992565
>This is really overly-dramatic
>Tom Hardy isn't big enough to be Bane
>Wow, his voice is awful. If anything, they should alter it by lowering the pitch, not raising it
>"You're a big guy" "For you." That's some clunky dialogue. I get it, but it's clunky. I can't believe that actually made the final cut without being rewritten
>>
I remember being really confused at the choices. First of all the voice of Bane is fucking stupid. Second of all, it was so fucking obviously dubbed over the audio I thought it was a joke.
>>
i still haven't watched this film or this scene, i just know how to meme it
>>
It was leaked here before I saw it. Bane sounded weird in the leak. May have been the audio.
>>
>>78992716
What I thought too. The voice was so phony & off putting.

Still can't believe that's what they went with. Maybe it would've worked better had Bane either not had the mask at all or a more toned down version of it so you can see his mouth moving.
>>
>>78992753
It didn't leak as such, they released the plane scene early at some Comic Con and a terrible phone recording made it online. Bane's voice was even more incomprehensible.
>>
The Bane voice was a recognizable voice. I remember when Tom accidentally slipped into it a few times in Fury Road.
>>
>>78992794
Sounded better before honestly. https://youtu.be/2vBW6jvspF8

They could've raised it a bit so you could understand him better, but at least it sounds natural to the surrounding environment. The new one went way overboard in isolating it.
>>
>>78992565
Honestly I didn't even notice the meme quality of it.
I thought it was a tense scene.
>>
>>78992877
Oh wow, nice find anon. I remembered that all wrong.
>>
>>78992877
of cuss
>>
>>78992565
l was getting a handy during this scene in the theater so l didn't really pay attention

she was just fuckin mashin it though so it wasn't really worth it
>>
I don't watch capeshit so I heard about the epic meme before watching it and then I stopped after the plane scene but I didn't think anything else in the movie would be half as entertaining.
>>
>>78992565
I couldn't get over how bad the ADR was.
>>
Damn, Bane's voice sounds like THAT?!?
>>
>>78992565
I felt like I was watching some classic Bond escapades.
>>
I was in high school and didn't really pay much attention/give a shit. I was too busy thinking about how to fuck my date.
>>
>>78992565
I thought it was the same garbage that all capeshit is. Just absolute shit desu.
>>
>>78992653
why did this make me laugh so hard
>>
File: king crimson rage.gif (329KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
king crimson rage.gif
329KB, 300x300px
>>78992565
>but if Bane knew CIA was bluffing, why did he leave the guy there?
>they wanted to find out what dr. pavel told CIA, but they were spying on him the whole time, wtf
>the fuck is this line exchange? Big guy 4 you? Who the fuck wrote this shit?
>what in the actual fuck?
>>
> What the fuck does that even mean? That hes only big to the cia guy? Was that supposed to be a witty retort or humorous. Why does this sound like really terrible ADR?

Still hate the movie and the memes. It's just a really shitty scene.
>>
I definitely remember the feeling of my cape spaggetti sliding through my fingers as I yelled

"ME, I'LL HAVE CRAB LEGS"
>>
>wow that guy sure is big
>>
File: 1485939498884.jpg (76KB, 402x402px) Image search: [Google]
1485939498884.jpg
76KB, 402x402px
>>78992565
So when I first watched it, I didn't really think about the sequence. Rewatching it (before the memes) it started to make no fucking sense. Post-posting, I can't watch this without laughing hysterically. Like I was irl rewatching this film last week and all memes aside, it's an ok film. Weakest in the trilogy probably. But the opening scene had me fucking dying.
>"he didn't fly so good", guy didn't get thrown out of the plane so the line made no sense
>that awkward dialogue
>how the plane was crashed
>the blood transfusion on Pavel that took three seconds worth of blood
>strange nonsense
>>
>>78992606
>Nolan's batman
>capeshit
Pick one faggot
>>
>>78995775
>>"he didn't fly so good", guy didn't get thrown out of the plane so the line made no sense
CIA is pretending to kill them, he wants the prisoners to think he shot them and threw them out the plane
>>
>>78995811

perhapsh he was wondering why you would shoot a man before throwing him out of an airplane
>>
>>78995842
AT LEAST YOU CAN TALK, WHO ARE YOU?
>>
>>78992565
I thought it was a great action sequence but kind of awkward

I'd honestly forgotten it by the time baneposting became popular.
>>
>>78995856

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
>>
>>78995811
It still was awkwardly shot if that was meant to be the message conveyed, as there exists no visual cues that are meant to show that and I think there were a few prisoners on the plane without head covers, right?
>>
>>78995876

No one cared who I was until I put on the mask
>>
>>78992565
i checked this scene on youtube and thought that bane voice was some kind of joke because of how weird it sounds
>>
>>78995868
YOU'RE A BIG GUY
>>
>>78995898

UUUU
>>
>>78992946
shitty hjs are the worst
>>
>>78992565

It was and still is a great scene.

The memes and baneposting are autistic "humor".
>>
>>78992565
I was thinking Aidan and Tom were the worst actors in capeshit history. Then I began to wonder why the CIA was interrogating them on a plane at all. He fucking opened up the cabin for fuck's sake. That's extremely dangerous. I didn't get the impression that if they didn't get information right that moment that something bad would happen. Fucking stupid movie.
>Was getting caught parrrt of your plaaaaan?
Aidan is awful.
>>
>it would be extremely painful for the little guy, heh
>>
It's a truly terrible scene. Writing, directing, acting. 100% garbage. And it does nothing to further the plot of the movie at all. Some bullshit about a nuclear scientist with information that we barely know matters. There were a number of really bad decisions made when they put together this film and starting with this scene just because they thought it would look cool in the trailer isn't even the worst one, but it set the tone for the rest of them.
>>
>>78992565
It did not match up with the rest of the movie. I didn't even know why it was included.
>>
>>78998433
It was there just to show Bane was a Big Guy and crazy. They could have done it literally any other way and it would be 10x better though.
>>
>>78992630
They don't really single it out. It was up, in it's entirety, for more than a year before the movie came out. Because nolan/WB thought it was perfect trailer material.

So, considering its only a few minutes long (perfect for the attention span of the memester) and after years of anticipation for nolan's next batman movie considering how great TDK was and how it was utterly awful, in every way, maymays.

The rest of the movie is ridiculous, but not as absurdly concentrated as the trailer, and 2 hours is way outside of the memester's attention span.
>>
File: file.png (240KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
240KB, 720x720px
For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich.
>>
>>78992698
They did, actually. If you dig up the original trailer, before tom hardy starts doing a hammy sean connery impersonation, there's less of an intonation of "i'm a big guy for you" and its, like it was supposed to be, "it'll be extremely painful for you."

As they had tom hardy redub the entire movie (in a single take) after negative reactions to banevoice 1.0. And in 2.0, hardy is on record as going maximum ham.
>>
>>78998453
It was also about how utterly retarded everyone except batman was.
>>
it literally was so good that it ruined the rest of the flick for me.

the pace just couldnt match the intro.

although, before it became a meme, i did think the dialogue was cheesy and poorly executed but now i see that was part of the plan.
>>
>>78998326
the problem mostly is aiden had to literally shout every single one of his lines in order to be heard over the plane engine and the IMAX camera.

I think originally the banemask was a megaphone, hence the reason banevoice 1.0 was so bad. So they just dubbed it like they did with all the bank robber clowns in TDK.
>>
I saw the original footage -- well, from camrips -- of when it was teased in theaters.

I thought it was great.

Then I saw it in theaters and they had dubbed Bane and it was laughable BECAUSE of the dub. It sounds so out of place.
>>
>>78992565
That it was a great prologue. The scond time I watched I even told my brother "You're gonna love how it begins"
>>
>>78992619
this and
>This isn't anywhere near as good as the Joker bank job.
>>
Thought it was a stupid and underwhelming attempt at one-upping the great intro sequence from the last one.

I watched this film with a normie friend who'd never seen it before and she laughed when Bane said "for you". She was into Potter, Sherlock and Supernatural, so she may have seen a bane meme on tumblr or something.
>>
>>78998643
I liked how banevoice 2.0 was louder than gunfire. But no one in the scene notices or reacts to that.
>>
>Wow this dialogue is ridiculously bad
>Why is a stubby manlet playing Bane
>This over acting and dramatization is terrible.
>>
>>78998709
whats with the maymay that nolan invented the "it'll be painful, for you" exchange? Really old idiom.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.