[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i don't remember seeing this much CGI fuckery in any capeshit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 6

File: dude_fractals_lmao.png (3MB, 1400x787px) Image search: [Google]
dude_fractals_lmao.png
3MB, 1400x787px
> dark dimension
> is colorful

what did they mean by this?

there was 2-3 anon on this board, few weeks ago they said: le visuals will blow you mind friend xd

i gave it a shot, and it's shit.
>>
DORMAMMU
>>
>>78967109
I HAVE COME TO QUIP
>>
>>78967070
How else are they supposed to make a movie about traveling through dimensions and fighting creatures who live in other dimensions without CGI?
>>
>>78968661
>replying to a clear shitpost thread
>replying to a clear shitpost thread about capeshit
>replying to a clear shitpost thread about capeshit made by a butthurt fanboy of the other company that also makes capeshit

don't do this.
>>
>>78968661
With sets and costumes?
>>
The visuals where fantastic though
>>
>>78967070
what movie is this
>>
>>78968875

Doctor Bargain.

Starring Beefpatty Colonshake.
>>
still one of the best of 2016
>>
I had higher hopes for the fight scenes with the citybending in the mirror dimension or whatever but it was cut to shit

Why do Marvel movies' action scenes all get absolutely destroyed in editing?
>>
>>78968713

>made by a butthurt fanboy of the other company that also makes capeshit

nope, DC is garbage too imho
it's a shitpost about capeshit though, can't deny that.
>>
File: misterdoctorstrange.jpg (59KB, 1008x403px) Image search: [Google]
misterdoctorstrange.jpg
59KB, 1008x403px
>>
>>78967070
>I don't like anything, why does everything suck, GOD my dad is dumb!
Okay kid, go fly a kite now.
>>
>It's another Marvel movie about a cocky arrogant man who gains a new set of powers in a foreign land all while becoming a better person and learning responsibility but still remaining a little bit cocky and arrogant in a quippy way

How about no
>>
>>78969342
Yes, if you're incapable of seeing how a simple character arc works it's for the best that you stay away from movies and go watch teletubbies.
>>
>>78969361
not that anon but I'm already sick of Tony Stark

I don't like every major charcter turning into Tony Stark
>>
Because they're so insufferably boring that the only way to feign any sort of dynamism is to cut rapidly between the poorly framed shots. Civil War is particularly guilty of this.
>>
>>78969361
I'm perfectly capable of seeing how it works, cunt. I don't want to see it for the 5th time in a Marvel flick.
>>
>>78969361
>ywn be so brainwashed that you defend a company for making the same movie over and over

Feels good man
>>
>>78969433
Well then isn't it great that Stephen Strange's character arc leads him into a completely different direction than Tony Stark's?
Not that matters though, since they both start at the same place and you didn't see the movie so you have nothing else to work with.
>>
>>78969342
It was pretty paint by the numbers I will give you that.
>>
>I-I recognize they are using computer graphics! They thought they could get it past ME! Nope. Not today. Since i've called them on their trickery, I deem this movie bad, for any time I notice effects I can no longer appreciate a movie. Such is the life of an autist.
>>
The visuals and extra-dimensional fuckery was the best part though, everything else was pretty standard. They should've gone even further into weird shit territory, it was a missed oppurtunity.
>>
>>78969560
>Stark
>starts out as a snarky sarcastic and mean-spirited professional in his field
>ends as a snarky sarcastic professional in his field

>Strange
>starts out as a snarky sarcastic and mean-spirited professional in his field
>ends as a snarky sarcastic professional in his field

Wow, such deviation in these two characters!

They even both use magic. Except Tony's is called tech.
>>
>>78969295
i don't understand how is the stereotpye of a angsty kid relevant here.

>>78969594
> I deem this movie bad, for any time I notice effects I can no longer appreciate a movie.

District 9 for example, had quite a lot CGI and i really liked it. you are the autismo here desu
>>
>>78968837
This.
CGI is for lazy, untalented cunts.
>>
File: Scanners.jpg (48KB, 780x425px) Image search: [Google]
Scanners.jpg
48KB, 780x425px
>>78969669
>District 9 for example, had quite a lot CGI and i really liked it. you are the autismo here desu

Nah, autistic memellenials like you can't suspend disbelief. OF COURSE it's CGI, just go with it, it's movies, kid. You would have never made it through the 80s and early 90s ;)
>>
>>78969669
Kid is a buzzword used by people when they're upset/mad but don't want to appear so. It's an attempt by them to get you to start shitposting back so they can pretend they were never upset and it was you all along.

Came from y'know which site.
>>
>>78969603
i'm pretty sure the "visuals" took years and a lot of effort and adding 20 minutes of that would've made the movie way more expensive and delay it a few months at best.

I admit i'd love more of the first astral trip imagery, but would that make the movie better? no

>>78969674
are you retarded? CGI takes a lot of work and time, and you can make stuff you couldn't possibly even try with practical effects. Of course i also dislike when they overdo, like CGIing a city behind a car's windows while driving. You can do that shit for real. Otherwise CGI is great, it's just a matter of how beliveable or how interesting the results
>>
>>78969852
>Of course i also dislike when they overdo, like CGIing a city behind a car's windows while driving. You can do that shit for real. Otherwise CGI is great, it's just a matter of how beliveable or how interesting the results

This is the problem. Most movies rely on CGI to make a scene instead of using it to merely enhance one. DS could've used alot less CGI and more practicals but it was nice for what it was.
>>
>>78969755
checked. ye, i figured that out. I'm not going to feed (You)s to someone who poses as he is from gen X, on the basket making forum while using memespeak.
"OF COURSE it's CGI, just go with it, it's movies, kid." is not an argument anyway.
Literally nothing wrong with computer graphics, i just don't like it when they overdo it, like these anons said.
>>78969852
>>78969894
>>
>>78969894
i disagree that DS could've used more practicals.

There's no way to do the fractal cities or the unspeakable astral stuff without CGI.
I'm pretty sure the fractal cities had a little practical effects on whatever props the characters were stepping or grabbing, meaning, the floor, stairs and walls they interacted with. If the rest is all CGI it's because there's no damn point in hanging a real fractalish half of a building on top of a model fractal city as background and make the actors act on top of it.

nevermind the fact that models and props can't shapeshift
>>
File: file.png (382KB, 400x408px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
382KB, 400x408px
this is 100 times better than that cabbagepatch flick
>>
Someone explain to me the motives of the villain. They weren't clear at all.
>>
>>78970277
He wanted to stop people from dying by bringing earth to a place where time wasn't a concept.

I don't think he discounted disease, bad health and violent ends though.
>>
>>78970277
they were quite clear, although nonsense.

He believed the ancient one was immortal and powerful because s/he drew energy or something from the dark dimension, so he was like "let's bring this dark dimension to everyone, nobody will die anymore, we all will be superpowerful and shit"
not knowing that the ancient one struggled to use that energy and put it to good use and the actual dark dimension is fucking hell.
I sense a communism analogy somewhere in there
>>
>>78970371
>>78970401
So basically the idea of eternal life is laughable because of suffering but this dude was too stupid realize that?
>>
>>78970277
they didn't really explain what dormammu wanted to achieve, which was one of the things i didn't like.
but generally dormammu wants to kill death in every dimension he gets to visit, thus preventing everything from dying, kaecelius (mads) was all on board on that
but dormammu didn't really explain the fine print that was basically that because nothing will die the universe will eventually be so full of life that the entire universe will be a never ending mass of flesh, i think this was shown once in the movie, this is all so that dormammu can hoard as much physical matter from the dimension as he possibly can, or something, because he's one of two extra-dimensional beings (the other being his sister Umar) that doesn't reject physical matter
>>
>>78970277

He was evil just because. It's Disney so that's enough to make it great haha
>>
>>78970735
doormamu is not the villain, he's like the meteorite on deep impact. Just the endgame, the doomsday clock ticking, the incoming shitstorm
>>
>hire mads
>waste him with a nonsensical character just there to make quips

Fucking Marvel
>>
File: 1439280483256.jpg (56KB, 590x572px) Image search: [Google]
1439280483256.jpg
56KB, 590x572px
>>78967070
>People call bendydick cucumbersnatch an alien
>director agrees he looks like an alien and uses him as dormammo
Havnt laughed that hard in years
>>
>>78970832
>>78970735
>>78970862
See
>>78970453
>>
>>78971318
it has literally nothing to do with my post.
mads is the villain, he wants to bring eternal undead life for everyone, which is doormamu, which happens to have a humanoid shape and is senitent, but that doesn't make him a villain
>>
I like dr. strange a lot more than any marvel movie of 2016, including the last xmen
>>
File: reeeeee.jpg (173KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
reeeeee.jpg
173KB, 500x500px
>ancient deity from beyond the time and space
>make him humanoid and generic

*reeeeeeeeeeee in R'lyehian*
>>
>>78969651
What field is doctor strange practicing in at the end? does he go back to being a surgeon?
>>
>>78972047
faltines are usually humanoid, but they're not made from physical matter, dormammu is pure magic
>>
>>78972150
Magic
You fool
>>
>>78972358
Didn't realised he got paid for it.

Anyway you can simplify any origin story in those broad terms, even not capeshit ones. Seems a bit pointless.
>>
>>78972395
>you can simplify any origin story in those broad terms
No.
No, you can't.
I don't even know why you'd say that.
>>
>>78972395
But anon I'm comparing their specific character as snarky professional asshole

The only difference is that Benedict isn't as short and his weapons are made of magic and fabric instead of magical metal "technology" that sprouts out of nowhere
>>
>>78972264
sure thing kiddo
>>
>>78967070
You're right it was shit, the whole movie was shit actually.
>>
>>78972477
Of course you can, character traits plus starting position to character traits plus ending position. You'll find that a lot of movies line up, especially when you make the qualifier as simple as 'a professional in their field'.

>>78972503
Right and change snarky professional to any raft of character traits that have been popular and you'll be able to match dozens of films with each other, particularly with genre movies. its silly.

the movies wasn't good but this reductionism is just bizarre.
>>
>>78972640
>change the specific character traits you're talking about to a more broad one and you'll be able to match dozens of films with each other

No shit. But Stark and Strange are who we're comparing here. Aside from their powers they are almost identical characters. Even with their love-interest companions, also professional assistants in their field who both get treated with disdain that becomes snarky affection.
>>
>comparing gregory house: superhero to RDJ: superhero

... children, all of you
>>
>>78972704
I wouldn't call Christine an assistant. She is just a different type of doctor
>>
>>78971917
xmen is sony, not marvel
>>
>>78972777
But in the film she is his assistant/helper/groupie in many scenes
>>
>>78968983

Indeed, long cuts that let you soak it in would have made for amazing shots. Inception was more impressive and it did less because it let it sink in.
>>
>>78972704
I didn't say to a more broad one though did I?

pick a facet of John McClanes character and you'll be able to do this exercise with Harry Callahan, Frank Bullit, Riggs and Murtagh and Frank bloody Drebin
>>
>>78972812
Do you see me defending this movies?

Just because a practice is widespread does not mean that you shouldn't criticize it. It's lazy. But when these movies are making hundreds of millions of dollars telling the same exact plots again and again with the same snarky sarcastic asshole characters again and again I will call out the bullshit.

If we were talking about those movies I would also call it out. But we are not. We are talking about Tony Snark and Sir Antony Snark
>>
Can't help but feel this film is a sign Marvel films are running out of steam.

One of the heroes with the most out there powers and weird villains and yet it felt one of their most by the numbers.

Marvel need to stop looking at how they can tie cinematic universes together and do more stuff like Guardians of the Galaxy which is an entertaining, stand alone film.
>>
So... what the fuck are they going to do with the Black panther movie?

He's got boring as fuck powers and I can't see them going anything interesting with the setting or rogues gallery given how cleancut marvel films are.
>>
>>78972996

I'm hoping it's 80% black jokes and stereotypes
>>
>>78973311

You wish. Hope you like 2 hours of white guilt!
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.