[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paterson.2016.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

File: 1479841391-60001054-paterson-2.jpg (73KB, 660x991px) Image search: [Google]
1479841391-60001054-paterson-2.jpg
73KB, 660x991px
>Paterson.2016.DVDScr.XVID.AC3.HQ.Hive-CM8

It's finally here, /tv/!
>>
>A quiet observation of the triumphs and defeats of daily life, along with the poetry evident in its smallest details.

HOLY FUCK LADS GET IN HERE
>>
>>78949409
Yay
>>
>>78949409
it's a nonstop ride filled with thrills, chills and spills
>>
>>78949368
I hated this movie, only movie I've ever demanded my money back. Was boiling with rage when it was over

ask me anything
>>
>>78950271
Does Paterson pat her son?
>>
>>78950271
why are you such a movie pleb who hates kino?
>>
>>78950402
I'm very into movies, I've seen a lot of "nothing happens" kino. But this one was filled with clichés, poor writing, a horrible horrible sense of humor, the tone was all off, no interesting characters, no depth to any character, music didn't correspond to the events..
>>
>>78949368
Thanks bro
>>
File: tb847fe5.jpg (157KB, 682x1023px) Image search: [Google]
tb847fe5.jpg
157KB, 682x1023px
>>78949368
reminder that Kara is in this movie
>>
fuuuuck I wanted to see this in theatres but now I'm not sure I'll be able to help myself from torrenting

gosh I love Jarmusch, I hope this film is better than only lovers left alive
>>
>>78950462
That's a shame. I don't see how it's any different to other "nothing happens" kino from other such respected directors.

I was particularly taken with its ultra-minimalist presentation of the poetry. It's a perfect marriage of form and content. I could listen to Driver recite plaintive poetry all day.

And there were lots of layers to the characterisation of Driver, his wife, the routine and the "twins" theme. I don't see how you could not have fun simply ruminating on everything it's showing you.
>>
>>78950462
>the tone was all off
off what?
>music didn't correspond to the events
I'm sorry the film didn't tell you what to feel the whole time.
>>
>https://mega.nz/#!jtM1nbJY!FN2IyzcwfGB0R5FPYn_vcLq0OWdWX3sA9GRrMvgU0PU

Can't download files that big without an account. Does anyone have a magnet link?
>>
Finally. I'm so excited for this. Jim has always been my main man
>>
>>78949368
yfw you realize Adam Driver is not jewish
>>
>>78950641
I don't know if the poertry Driver wrote was intentionally bad but the whole theater laughed when he wrote the one about matches

I thought the twins was so in your face it was almost insulting. The whole subplot with the black couple was just horrible. His girlfriend didn't feel like a person at all, she was just one big comic relief. Comic relief from what even?

I didn't enjoy the conversations on the bus either. It felt like theater audience laugh bait, if that makes sense.

>>78950660
the music and Driver's expressions and sleep habits suggested, to me at least, that there was something bubbeling underneath: a catastrophy waiting to happen, some PTSD shit from his days as a marine, him breaking up with his girlfriend or something; he gets in to a steamy rage after the dog incident. But there is never anything. Hell, at the end of the movie I was lowkey hoping that he was insane, due to the Japanese guy starting to talk about paterson poets (what are the odds of that). But nah, we get nothing.

I think I'll rewatch it anyhow. Even though I hated it, it left a mark on me, and I might feel different about it the next time
>>
>>78950533
Looks like a whore
>>
>>78950672
Use Megatools you dumbass.
>>
>>78950672
>Does anyone have a magnet link?

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:693f52edfe020c4707f935ba197bd9f437b960e3
>>
File: 087544775.jpg (65KB, 480x597px) Image search: [Google]
087544775.jpg
65KB, 480x597px
>>78950941
she's a Mensa member
>>
>>78950893
the match poem was an introduction to his process as well as an intro to the poetry-of-the-mundane, which is what William Carlos Williams pioneered (more specifically: imagism).

It begins laughably (how is he gonna make something profound about a box of fucking matches?). but you see it evolve in front of your very eyes as he deepens the imagery and introduces more emotive imagery ("lighting the match of the one you love for the very first time") until it becomes something genuinely moving.

I found that incredibly well done, but you do have to be open to that mode of poetic language.

And the twins being in your face is purposeful, yes. But the question is whether you actually GOT anything out of that motif. I have my own personal interpretation which deepens the film considerably for me.

black couple was pretty cheesy, but it helped deepen the twin/counterpart motif so it was necessary. The bus conversations, too.
>>
>>78950893
>the music and Driver's expressions and sleep habits suggested, to me at least, that there was something bubbeling underneath: a catastrophy waiting to happen, some PTSD shit from his days as a marine, him breaking up with his girlfriend or something; he gets in to a steamy rage after the dog incident. But there is never anything. Hell, at the end of the movie I was lowkey hoping that he was insane, due to the Japanese guy starting to talk about paterson poets (what are the odds of that). But nah, we get nothing.
Sounds like you're just looking for a completely different kind of movie. Not every theme needs to result in a climax or have some sort of resolution to be a meaningful part of the film. Sometimes a suggestion is all you need.
>>
Will this fill the empty void that's my soul?
>>
File: whores.jpg (125KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
whores.jpg
125KB, 640x640px
>>78951039

She can Mensa my member.
>>
>>78951124
>I found that incredibly well done, but you do have to be open to that mode of poetic language.
I don't have any experience with poems, also english is my second language. That might be a hurdle for me enjoying this film
>>78951144
>Sounds like you're just looking for a completely different kind of movie.
that might also be the case. I'm going to rewatch it with a different mindset to see if it gives me anything.

I think it was a very pretty film nontheless, and it at least made an impact. I saw La La Land some days ago which got me furious due to being so painfully unimpactful. I'd rather be outraged over a movie than not feel anything
>>
>>78949368
i hate that all new jersey rep is from north jersey, aside from maybe boardwalk empire. hell, clerks is too north for me. but i guess its ok next to being in the middle of the country
>>
Reading about this movie, I was interested until the poetry. How prevalent is it?
>>
>>78951178
no
>>
>>78951242
>Ugly Asian bitch with dead eyes trying to look hot next to White women.

kek why do gooks even exist?
>>
I'm waiting for the Arrival WEB-DL tonight.
>>
File: pm(1).png (53KB, 656x760px) Image search: [Google]
pm(1).png
53KB, 656x760px
>>78951251
>>78951296
if you can't appreciate something as basic as poetry, why even try to watch serious films?

makes no sense to me.
>>
>>78949409
shaking and crying rn
>>
>>78949368
>DVD screener
>didn't get nominated for anything
Pass.
>>
Kinda meh.

I liked OLLA more.
>>
>>78951531
Because it's nearly always awful and it makes me cringe so hard that sometimes I get a nosebleed.
>>
>>78951611
same can be said for literally anything. most movies are bad. doesn't mean you shouldn't watch or appreciate movies.
>>
>>78951531
I've only ever appreciated poems in my native language, and I've liked maybe 4 or 5 of the hundreds I was forced to read during education.

Personally I think poems are made to be spoken and not read in books, I love theather and music. Reading poems to me is like reading lyrics instead of listening to music
>>
This movie takes place in my old home city. It's literally one of the most horrible ghettos in the US.
>>
>>78951677
I'll take a bad movie over bad poetry 10 times out of 10
>>
>>78949368
>Paterson.2016.
>Subjecting yourself to 2 hours of this ugly asshole's face

NO. I'd rather stare at a prolapsing anus.
>>
How is the quality of these dvd screeners?
Worth watching on a big tv?
>>
>>78951973
It's fine considering you are not paying, you dumbshit.
>>
>>78951868
at least poems force you to think. bad movies are like brain porridge.
>>
>>78952060
reddit pls go
>>
If you ever wanted a primer for crying while driving
>>
>>78949368

What a crock of shit
>>
>>78949368
I started watching it just now and he goes on and on about these fucking matches.
>>
>>78953194
Enjoy!
>>
>>78951039
looks like j conn
>>
>>78953194
if you don't like poetry or want to be immured in the mind of an observant poet, don't bother. it's not a film for kids.
>>
What's the best Jarmusch film and why is it Broken Flowers?
>>
>>78953903
That's not mystery train
>>
>>78951973
They're notably shittier than a standard dvd rip
>>
Finally a movie that I don't mind watching on a DVDScr.
>>
people actually have routines like this?
he seemed to enjoy it, though
>>
>>78953903
you mean Down by Law?
>>
>>78949368
Looks shit, but I'll give it a try.

>>78953903
>>78954602
>>78956082
actually it's stranger than paradise.
>>
>>78951039
is she jewish
>>
Is the main character guy the sith from the new star wars?
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.