[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mark Hamill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_1519.png (780KB, 500x699px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1519.png
780KB, 500x699px
Why didn't his movie career take off?
>>
He was ugly as fuck and only a serviceable actor
>>
>>78937666

He got into a carcrash during Star Wars trilogy, realized life is short, started fucking every model he could find and neglected his acting career. It's pretty common for males to want to spread their seed more after nearly dying.
>>
>>78937666
He didn't put effort into it.
>>
>>78937741
>He was ugly as fuck

Objectively false
>>
>>78937666
Typecast so he says.

It has to be said though he has made a career out of voice acting which probably leaves him better in pocket (even without the Star Wars money) than any of our careers.
>>
>>78938118
Voice acting doesn't pay well anon
>>
>>78938433
He makes mad dill letting autistic SWfags touch him for money at conventions
Literally millions
>>
>>78937666
>Stars in 3 of the biggest films ever, appears in a 4th and will star in a 5th that will cross 1Billion easily, among other things

Now I see what youre getting at, especially compared to Ford, but I think you need to go talk to some aspiring actors and find out what "career taking off" means
>>
>>78937666
You could say the same thing about Harrison Ford. Outside of Starwars, Indiana Jones, and Blade Runner, Ford is pretty irrelevant.
>>
>>78938673
Ford was a in a huge amount of hits outside of those and was even nominated for an Academy Award. Hamill has, like, one good movie to his name outside of Star Wars (The Big Red One).
>>
>>78938673

Patriot games, clear and present danger and the fugitive ring any bells, brighteyes?
>>
File: original.jpg (75KB, 800x529px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
75KB, 800x529px
>>78938696
He was really good in that movie.
>>
File: 11766.jpg (128KB, 500x746px) Image search: [Google]
11766.jpg
128KB, 500x746px
>>78937828
If anything, I thought he looked more distinguished and unique after his accident than the vanilla pretty boy he was in the first Star Wars movie. Gave him more of a rugged look.
>>
>>78938071
All the ladies wanted Han Solo. Luke was so unattractive by Return of the Jedi.
>>
>>78938507
>Starred in the 3 biggest blockbuster phenomenon in history
>only voice work for cartoons and videogames other than that
And now TFA
He has the weirdest fucking career, like everybody knows who he is but other than Star Wars he'd be like E-list celebrity
>>
>>78937666
He was a guest star in a show back in the old Yugoslavia after he finished he's part oin the original Star Wars trilogy. The host said what was next for him? Acting career? He said: "Well, there is this project with a friend of mine" and "I really wanna do voices."

Nobody took him seriously at the time.
>>
>>78938433
It does if you are good at it. There's a reason modern anime localization companies won't pursue actual talent anymore. It's cheaper to bring in your autistic kid brother to record some lines than to hire Crispin Freeman to add some legitimacy to your product. Hammil probably would have retired for real if he wasn't getting paid decent money to be Joker.
>>
Apparently he was hard to work with when he was young and egotistical? I don't know, but those were the rumors.

I'm kinda surprised he didn't end up on broadway. Decent singing voice. It makes a lot of sense that he wound up a VA. If you watch his old guest performance on the Muppet Show, the dude just has a great natural talent for performing on stage.

Wish it were him and not Ford that had made it big.
>>
>>78939281
No, it still doesn't pay well eeen if you are well known, the reason animation guys are Jews anyway is because animation is expensive and usually gets shit budgets, and even then you still hear certain people very frequently like hamil or grey delisle or whoever the fuck does robins voice from teen titans
>>
>>78939378
Didn't he do Amadeus on Broadway and campaigned hard for the movie adaptation?
>>
>>78939378
Ford is such a shit actor, aside from Indiana jones and Star Wars he phoned in every single performance, he just sounds like a tired old man reading lines in everything
>>
File: IMG_1521.jpg (43KB, 396x713px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1521.jpg
43KB, 396x713px
>>78939431
Yes, he did.
>>
Why didn't his movie career take off?
>>
>>78937666
He was associated with a Pleby children's series and it really fucked him over for life.
>>
>>78938982
Yeah certainly bumpy, but it definitely took off like a fucking fighter jet.

I think it's just because he really lives for the popularity and relevance and not th money. And as far as relevance is concerned, maybe that's why he stays surrounded with other nerds who love him.

Although its cool because he clearly loves that shit himself, so he's really just right at home being Mark Hamill.

Luke Skywalker is a full time job.
>>
>>78939471
>PLAY SHEEV
>>
>>78939431
oversight on their part. Amadeus did very well, but could have been just as good with more lasting relevance with Mark.
>>
>>78938802

I agree, but when your entire appeal is being a pretty boy, it doesn't help to become rugged. It's like a model becoming fat
>>
>>78937666
He seems doing fine, you satan. Leave Hamillfu pure and happy.
>>
Maybe he just prefers voice acting and would rather be behind the scenes then front and center. He probably hates Star Wars and the crazy fandom from it.
>>
He had his chance in the 80's like The Big Red One, but quite honestly, Hamill isn't good in down-to-Earth settings. He's better suited in comic book stuff.

I did enjoy Hamill play a deranged psycho killer in Midnight Run. It really unsettled me.
>>
File: wampaattack.jpg (13KB, 504x233px) Image search: [Google]
wampaattack.jpg
13KB, 504x233px
Wampas were worse than muslim acid
>>
>>78940638
And yet I can't help but think he looks much better on the right.
>>
>>78940738
he looks like a grandma on the right
>>
>>78937828
He got married before Empire came out, dumbass
>>
File: Sport's Woman Spits Blood.webm (2MB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sport's Woman Spits Blood.webm
2MB, 480x480px
>>78937666
his face got fucked up after that car crash
>>
>>78940796

It's very commonly known that a lot of actors have an open marriage. They just don't advertise it. Mark Hamill fucked until he came dust.
>>
File: Beru_headshot2.jpg (721KB, 736x816px) Image search: [Google]
Beru_headshot2.jpg
721KB, 736x816px
>>78940638
literally looks like Aunt Beru on the right
>>
File: GeorgeLucas.jpg (56KB, 709x913px) Image search: [Google]
GeorgeLucas.jpg
56KB, 709x913px
>>78940853
pottery
>>
Hamill is one of the soundest lads in Hollywood, everything he does, he does because he loves to do it.

Really recommend checking out the mockumentary he made called Comic Book: The Movie.
>>
>>78939557
The prequels happened.
>>
>>78940638
On the left he's got his chin up, he's squinting and his hair looks wild. He looks ready for an adventure. On the right his hair is combed to look like a helmet and his eyes are wide open because it's a dimly lit scene. He looks like he's ready to do some accounting, then maybe listen to some ABBA.

I'm not sure the accident has anything to do with the perceived difference.
>>
>>78939929
There's no malice from it. I just thought he was a very talented kid and it's a shame (and rather bizarre) that no one took a chance with him like they did, say, Daniel Radcliffe.
>>
>>78939557
he got too caught up in the success of star wars, if star wars hadn't been a success we'd have gotten more movies like thx 1138
>>
>>78937666

Too busy dreading the year for other reasons.
>>
>>78940638
i still have trouble pinpointing what changed, i think it's mostly the nose and hairstyle that makes him look so different
>>
>>78941011
JUST LOOK AT THE FUCKING NOSE
>>
>>78941227
you are fucking blind
>>
>>78937666
He was pretty good. Too bad he became a discount Tim Curry.
>>
>>78940839
I'd be surprised if he had sex with more than a couple women in his entire life. Wouldn't be shocked if his wife is his only lay.
>>
>>78941017
Daniel Radcliffe can act. Hamill can't unless you're talking voice acting.
>>
>>78941769

>Daniel Radcliffe can act

hahahahahaha
>>
>>78941769
>Daniel Radcliffe can act

Daniel Radcliffe can't even SMILE like a human, let alone "act.
>>
>>78938071
he broke his face before Empire Strikes back.

he was right handsome before that, but after his accident, his face changed and he was just less attractive. it positively ruined his face, and many of it's attractive features, like his nose and chin and general jawline
>>
>>78937666
How did he get into voice acting?
HOW??
>>
>>78938071
>get into a car accident and fly face first into the steering wheel
>handsome

Pick 1. There's a reason Kanye's cheeks look fucked up.
>>
>>78938673
the fuck are you talking about?
Ford is a household name
>>
>>78940638
I don't get the meme that he's ugly after A New Hope. Honestly, he's still hot
>>
>>78940853
I've never noticed this before but it's 100% spot on
>>
>>78941011
>>78941227
>>78940738
The damage to his nasal and ocular areas opened up his eyeballs and gave his nose a much more flat/curved shape. The original Luke has a very noble, handsome, aquiline sort of look. post-accident look is not necessarily ugly, but it's much more peasant-like; pure, humble, bumbling
>>
>>78943193
His appearance is more fitting for the character anyways. Maybe it hurt him getting roles past Star Wars but it was cool to see a battle-hardened Luke with scars in Empire. He wasn't the little boy anymore.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.