[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what do you WANT to win Best Picture anon? Pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: lion-movie-poster-dev-patel.jpg (317KB, 972x1440px) Image search: [Google]
lion-movie-poster-dev-patel.jpg
317KB, 972x1440px
So what do you WANT to win Best Picture anon? Pic related
>>
I want La La Land to sweep everything so black people go fucking crazy.
>>
>>78929234
As long as you don't actually think it was a good movie
>>
>>78929234
Manchester By The Sea has white people too anon
>>
>>78929250
I'm sure there's some parts of La La Land that you don't like, but can you honestly say with a straight face that it was a BAD movie?
>>
>>78929516
It's mediocre, and kind of soulless imo, jerks off Hollywood for awards
>>
Does it matter? You make it seem like it's some form of validation.
In a perfect world the best picture, literally the best movie made that year, would take the award, but of course as history shows is that is not always the case.
>>
>>78929542
That's why I'm asking who you'd LIKE to win it, not who WILL win it
>>
>>78929234
You should want Lion to win so Blacks get mad at Indian people.
>>
>>78929540
I thought the movie did everything really well. The music is phenomenal and (I felt like) the characters were interesting and engaging, I really liked the color grading. I think this movie excelled on every level. What didn't you like about it? Was it just not compelling enough to you or something? Genuinely curious.
>>
>>78929234
I thought blacks would hate Moonlight since it's about a gay black man
>>
>>78929234
>>78929570
>>78929671
/pol/ pls go
>>
>>78929624
He just wants to hate. La La Land is genuinely good.
>>
File: Sharpton-Speaks.jpg (44KB, 599x335px) Image search: [Google]
Sharpton-Speaks.jpg
44KB, 599x335px
>>78929890
It was a serious question considering how homophobic the black community can get
>>
>>78929624
>>78929912
I agree the cinematography was excellent, but it felt really shallow to me, I think it would work well as an actual stage show though, plus Ryan Gosling can't sing man, he just can't
>>
>>78929984
I also liked the jazz stuff, especially John Legend
>>
>>78929188
Dev Patel grew up to be handsome af

i didn't think Anwar was capable of such a feat.
>>
>>78929984
By shallow do you mean that it didn't have a serious tone or message or something? I prefer that, honestly. I hate it when movies get too heavy-handed with some boring lesson about society or religion they can't help but shoving down our throats. I guess this is a personal preference, but it's nice to see some true Escapism on the silver screen that isn't a stinking pile of shit.
>>
>>78930177
I don't feel like it focused on any part of the story enough, the relationship or either of their dreams, it wrapped them up way too quickly
>>
>>78930380
I believe we've reached the "agree to disagree" part of the discussion.
It was fun while it lasted, anon
>>
>>78930426
fuk u nu-male cuck xdddd

Nah good talk senpai
>>
File: Hipsters BTFO.jpg (447KB, 684x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Hipsters BTFO.jpg
447KB, 684x1000px
When are you Indie-loving cucks going to realize that BatmanvSuperman has Best Picture in the bag? Marvel fanboys fuck off
>>
>>78929234
I thought black people like jazz.
>>
>>78931061
Only the culturally enriched ones
>>
>>78929188
Damn, that dude is fucking Freida Pinto. Lucky fuck.
>>
>>78929234
Chazelle is going to get his Whiplash oscar two years later
>>
Silence
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.