[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did it deserve best picture? Why or why not?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3450.jpg (250KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3450.jpg
250KB, 800x1200px
Did it deserve best picture? Why or why not?
>>
>>78927211
idk what were the top movies of that year?
>>
Yes.

It was the best.
>>
>>78927211
it struck me as super boring and predictable
perhaps hollywood liked it because it was about hollywood
>>
>>78927211
No. Because it sucked.
>>
>>78927270
Argo fuck yourself
>>
>>78927265
>predictable
You realize this movie actually happened, right?
>>
>>78927211
eh, of the nominees that year i would've picked django over argo, and i don't even like django that much
>>
no. it won by default because it didn't have controversial enhanced interrogation techniques like zero dark thirty
>>
>>78927211
If you want to trigger an Iranian on Chatroulette tell them Argo is your favorite movie. They practically jump through the screen to choke you.

>LIES!
>>
>>78927211

No, it is an insulting work of fiction which recast Americans as their own heroes instead of having even the slightest level of humility and thankfulness in portraying the events with even the minimum level of accuracy.
>>
>>78927265
>hollywood liked it because it was about hollywood

I like how people always pass this off as their own original thought.
>>
>>78927334
like they move the camera from their penis to their face and yell at you?
>>
>>78927298
Django would have won if Sally Menke hadn't died and edited the film.
>>
>>78927211
It is good.
It deserved to win best picture because all of its individual elements were top notch, and they came together beautifully to make a good film. That's what a best picture should be, one that is good in all other categories, not something like Spotlight that they just picked at random because it is part of their agenda.

Sure some of the story beats were predictable at the end, I don't deny that, but I thought the plot was executed quite well overall.
>>
>>78927211
No its dishonest

>>78927270
And it sucked argo fuck yourself if you like it
>>
Argo was dogshit
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.