[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This was a lot like interstellar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: large_Arrival-Poster-2016.jpg (52KB, 400x625px) Image search: [Google]
large_Arrival-Poster-2016.jpg
52KB, 400x625px
This was a lot like interstellar
>>
>>78926989
I agree, it was pretentious bullshit
>>
it's more like Contact, Knowing, and Slaughterhouse V

I guess it's like Interstellar if that's the only other scifi movie you've watched in your entire life.
>>
>>78926989
Explain
>>
>>78927017
Nolan is the opposite of pretentious. In fact he's as Pleb level as it gets. Only Uwe Bowl and Seltzer and Friedberg are more Pleb.
>>
>>78927047
Agreed, but he's pleb tier acting pretentious
>>
I disliked where both ended up. In particular, how they rushed to connect everything only at the end. We spend the majority of the movie with clues that can't be put together until the twist of an ending.
>>
>>78926989
Both films are good but they share few similarities. If anything this is more like Contact.
>>
I really liked the first half because it wasn't anything like Interstellar. Villeneuve is a master of suspense. I enjoyed the build-up to the protagonists entering the alien ship, and the scene where they actually enter on board. The UFO was genuinely otherworldly and unsettling, in shape and texture. As they entered the spacecraft the scene was edited to be really disorienting.

The movie changes a little later after that when Renner unloads a ton of exposition. Up to that point the movie had minimal but effective dialogue. Around this part the movie goes full Interstellar.
>>
>>78927116
Oh boy, I really enjoyed when she entered and they weren't squid aliens
>>
>>78926989

I really enjoyed this. I got anxiety building up to them getting inside the shell.The ending was a pleasant surprise too. It was the first time watching a movie that I held my piss because I didn't want to pause the movie. I'd give this the best movie of the year imo.
>>
>>78927983

we should hang out together and watch movies and drink each others piss and never pause
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.