[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts? IMO the best episodes are better than the good top

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 171890.jpg (98KB, 853x701px) Image search: [Google]
171890.jpg
98KB, 853x701px
Thoughts?

IMO the best episodes are better than the good top gear and the worst are about the same as average tg
>>
>>78926597
Felt too scripted and aimed at low brow American viewers.
>>
>>78926597
The beach buggy episodes were kino, the rest was average.
>>
>>78926618
agreed, those were the worst bits. the parts that felt natural were great but some of the more scripted things were terrible
>>
>>78926597
>IMO the best episodes are better than the good top gear and the worst are about the same as average tg
pretty accurate but some parts of the eps are just cringe worthy and worse than the worst parts of topgear. at least its easy to skip ahead and the majority is passable.
>>
Eh its the first season, I imagine amazon had a bit too much control seeing as they spent a metric fucking ton of money on them and the show

It will only get better once the producers and stuff learn the ropes and possibly give more control to the three
>>
Enjoyable
But dumbed down and over scripted.
Ford vs Ferrari at LeMans was an awesome mini doc. James should narrate more motorsport films.
>>
>>78926652
>The beach buggy episodes were kino, the rest was average.

The beach buggy episode was boring as shit.
You could tell the "racing the tide" bit was faked, they just intentionally drove through the water and made whinging noises, there was literally at least a car width of dry beach they could've driven on.
>>
i don't see the appeal, but i also don't jerk off to cars or middle-aged men.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-09-19-13-48-1.png (347KB, 1080x607px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-09-19-13-48-1.png
347KB, 1080x607px
>>78929414
>he doesn't understand brittish humor
>he isn't a man
*tips
>>
the american influence is very noticeable and not in a good way. the color grading is a mess at times. the jokes are forced.
>>
File: shocked-sprite.jpg (382KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
shocked-sprite.jpg
382KB, 800x533px
>>78926597
>celebrity brain crash
>Hammond can't act
>no low budget car challenge
>set up tent in random country then don't do anything involving that location
>'the guys build some ridiculous nonsense' challenge was shit
>the american
>car reviews were somehow worse than normal
>weird editing
The whole thing just felt sterile.
I am disappointed.
>>
File: 1484897349719s.jpg (3KB, 125x121px) Image search: [Google]
1484897349719s.jpg
3KB, 125x121px
>>78929667
Literally all they have to do is drive cheap beaters & compare them, why is this so hard & expensive? The segment will naturally have humor because, cheap beaters. I should be both accountant & writer for the flick.
>>
>>78926597
Not as good as 2007-2014 Top Gear but still entertaining. And those scripted fights with the audience are really lame.
>>
it's just alright...i feel like they picked up where they left off with some exceptions not every episode can be a series 10 episode
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.