[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gaspar Noe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

What do you guys think of Noe's work? Clearly he's one of the more polarizing directors in recent times (if not in the history of cinema).

He does a lot of really fucking cool stuff in his movies. The cinematography and filming is generally 100% on point and gorgeous. The candid covering of explicit subjects is done extremely well. Combined with all the other small things he does (low frequency sound throughout Irreversible, etc etc) make his films undoubtedly interesting and worthy of study in themselves, barring everything else.

But that is where I feel he falls short often. Past all the beautiful shots, interesting filming, and brutal coverage of "taboo" (to the mainstream film industry) stuff, his films kinda just have me waiting for the next "wow" moment. Irreversible sputtered out after the rape scene, Enter the Void after the first 30 minutes, and Love and I Stand Alone just felt meandering at times throughout. I Stand Alone the most guided of them but also the least interesting to watch in my opinion.

I don't think I'd place any of his films up there among what I consider to be some of "the best" films I've seen, and yet they're so interesting past even a couple viewings.

What do you guys think?
>>
Benis in assdole :DDD
>>
Since Kiarostami's death he's probably the best active and relevant director. He's all we got.
>>
BUY GOLD
>>
>>78921279
I love Enter the Void - so beautiful.
>>
>>78921279
BRAPP!
>>
>>78921382
Paolo Sorrentino??
>>78921279
i think you pretty much nailed it OP, hes a very flawed abeit fascinating director. I think he has the potential to make something really iconic but I don't know if he will ever realize that potential.
>>
>>78921279
>>78921279
POST THE WEBM
>>
I really enjoy his movies but you make a fair point, after a point all you want to see is the next "holy shit" moment, it's not a major downfall but it is there.

Still I'll keep supporting him and watching his movies, he's a very interesting filmmaker with a very enjoyable visual style.
>>
enter the void was cool, Gaspar noe this
>>
>>78921279
the camera work is intoxicating; I'm captivated nearly all the way throughout his films. I don't know what more you want from him.
>>
>>78921279
what if verhoeven was an edgelord: the person
>>
On a purely visual standpoint he is phenomenal but when it comes to telling stories and conveying meaning through the visuals he is incredibly bad
>>
I've only seen 'Enter the Void', which I enjoyed and wasn't even high. Suggestions on what to what next?
>>
>>78921279

He is overrated as he is shocking
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.