[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ww2 in Europe movies/series >>> ww2 in the Pacific movies/series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

ww2 in Europe movies/series >>> ww2 in the Pacific movies/series

Prove me wrong /tv/
>>
They're both great, although The Pacific did have that weird love triangle BS for an episode or two. I did like how The Pacific addressed what happens after the war, and how it fucks you up. The Pacific was also more visceral at times, although sometimes that was down to just how brutal fighting in the Pacific got.
>>
the european theater was really the only one that mattered. the pacific was the sideshow and it was treated as such by every single other belligerent in the war. it's why way more soldiers were sent to europe even tho it was Japan that attacked us
>>
File: 1333748589136.gif (15KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1333748589136.gif
15KB, 645x773px
>No Ostfront miniseries.
>>
>>78918970
You have brain damage
>>
File: USS_Enterprise_(April_1939).jpg (3MB, 2933x1973px) Image search: [Google]
USS_Enterprise_(April_1939).jpg
3MB, 2933x1973px
The Pacific is really good at points but it could have been so much better.

>still no show about the USS Enterprise and it's battles
>no 3 parter battle for midway
>no shitting on the japs as they change their ordinance
>>
>>78919037
It was the official policy of ALL the allies (except for China of course) that the European theater was the decisive theater of the conflict and the Pacific was secondary; a distraction from the main course.

All allied policy reflects this outlook. Where did America concentrate most of its men & material after Pearl Harbor? I'll give you a hint: it wasn't the pacific. When Roosevelt met with Churchill & Stalin, was it primarily to discuss the war in the Pacific? Of course not.

The Pacific was a sideshow in WW2.
>>
>>78919035
Ünsere Mütter, ünsere Väter is mostly about the Eastern Front
>>
File: windtalkers3_zpsxihv6iw8.png (370KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
windtalkers3_zpsxihv6iw8.png
370KB, 852x480px
BAD PACIFIC MOVIES? U CRAZY
>>
>WW2 in Europe
>characters have depth
>both sides have likeable characters
>they follow characters better

>WW2 in the Pacific
>USA USA USA USA USA USA USA
>ever only Americans
>Japanese might as well be replaced with demons from hell for the way they are portrayed
>>
File: EnemyAtTheGates_MF (1).jpg (240KB, 620x375px) Image search: [Google]
EnemyAtTheGates_MF (1).jpg
240KB, 620x375px
eastern front kino
>>
File: 220px-Talvisota_DVD_cover.png (158KB, 220x308px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Talvisota_DVD_cover.png
158KB, 220x308px
>>78919843
>garbage anti-ussr propaganda
>kino

kys
>>
>>78919843
Russians make better eastern front movies.
>>
Check out Kokoda, it's about Australians so it's not some garbage 'MURICA movie
>>
>>78919840
the ww2 era japs really were monsters though. none of them were relatable because they were child raping sadistic monsters following somebody they viewed as a god king
>>
File: cross-of-iron-quad-poster-mint.jpg (333KB, 1511x1134px) Image search: [Google]
cross-of-iron-quad-poster-mint.jpg
333KB, 1511x1134px
>>78919843
nah
>>
>>78919035
This
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.