[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

itt_ films i will never understand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: primer_xlg.jpg (218KB, 1013x1500px) Image search: [Google]
primer_xlg.jpg
218KB, 1013x1500px
itt_ films i will never understand
>>
File: 220px-Piposter.jpg (20KB, 220x330px) Image search: [Google]
220px-Piposter.jpg
20KB, 220x330px
I watch Primer a couple times a year, get a little bit more out of it each time

this is a good one too
>>
Primer is one of those movies that reddit posters like. It is perfect for your friends who have an IQ around 110-115 and like to be made to feel smart, despite having no discernible intellect or taste. The movie is just complex enough, and feeds you just enough, and moves quickly enough, that by design a mediocre mind goes "Woah, so deep!".

The movie is pretty boring and answers almost no questions, and relies on complete suspension of any kind of reason to enjoy. It is the film equivalent of the special olympics, for individuals just smart enough to graduate from a four year college in a degree in something middle of the road.
>>
>>78917280

Perfect.
>>
>>78916668
you can still "get" the movie without being able to discern which version of abe and aaron are on screen at any given time. the point is to portray the collapsing relationship between two friends, and the way power compromises their integrity and their friendship. it's the social network with time travel as the operative device instead of facebook.
>>
>>78916668
here thank me later
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUzy-xPf0MI
>>
>>78917280
Is this a pasta? If not, kudos, that was pretty good. I can picture this getting a lot of angry responses in a bigger thread
>>
>>78917060
Pi is the movie that really gets it. Hebrew and numbers are literally the language of the gods.
>>
>>78917060
This was an interesting movie. Especially the scene in the cafe. Hewbrew really works like that the words at up to certain numbers. Pretty cool.
>>
>>78917963
Thanks, I put a lot of effort into writing pastable copy.
>>
>>78916668
>tfw to intelligent for Primer
>>
>>78917280
I didn't think it was boring, the complexity alone made it not boring
>answers almost no questions
it answers most relevant plot points, just the complexity makes those answers difficult to understand/act on
>relies on complete suspension of any kind of reason to enjoy
it's a time travel film, it requires suspension of disbelief, I thought reason/character reality was fairly well done within the world they set up
also I enjoyed the realism of the characters while dealing with something so complex, it was a nice contrast
>It is the film equivalent of the special olympics, for individuals just smart enough to graduate from a four year college in a degree in something middle of the road.
I don't get the analogy, is that just a retard joke?

also
>Your post is one of those posts that reddit posters like. It is perfect for your friends who have an IQ around 110-115 and like to be made to feel smart, despite having no discernible intellect or taste. The post is just complex enough, and feeds you just enough, and moves quickly enough, that by design a mediocre mind goes "Woah, such a good criticism!".

you nearly have a few good points about the movie but you're mostly just complaining about the fan base or the fan base that the movie suggests it should have
>>
I think I understand most of Primer after marathoning it a few times, but it seems like some stuff was left purposefully vague. Like, just about everything that happened with Aaron's father in law. Suddenly he was time travelling, and something about comas? Is that explained in some sort of subtle way, or is it just left to the imagination?
>>
>>78920391
I think it's pretty much left to imagination
I always saw it as the point that everything got out of their control
>>
>>78916668
I literally just finished watching this and I have no idea what the fuck I just watched. So there's 3 permanent versions of the one guy? What is he building at the end in the Arab country? What happens to the guy in the attic?
>>
>>78916668
Coherence>Primer
>>
>>78921281

>What is he bulding at the end?
A larger box
>Arab country
It was france
>What happens to the guy in the attic?
He breaks free, if you notice at the beginning of the film the wife complains at one point about the noises coming from the attic.
>>
>>78916668

Felt like a pleb for not liking it

Stopped watching after 20 minutes or so
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.