[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why'd they design Data to have sickly pale skin and yellowish

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1454278842944.jpg (570KB, 1044x1044px) Image search: [Google]
1454278842944.jpg
570KB, 1044x1044px
Why'd they design Data to have sickly pale skin and yellowish green eyes? He looks deathly ill.
>>
File: trek4.jpg (243KB, 1576x1185px) Image search: [Google]
trek4.jpg
243KB, 1576x1185px
>>78914403
To look less human, and not freak out the towns people too much. Valley Canny thing
>>
Data didn't want the last coat of paint until he was passably human.
>>
>>78914440
They could have given him a tattoo, badge, or a special uniform to signify that, instead of making him look like a plague victim
>>
>>78914403
>geordie - ''why are we going to the fruit seller, holmes?''
>data - "lemon entery, my dear watson''
>>
File: Picard_and_Data_(2364).jpg (838KB, 1263x1067px) Image search: [Google]
Picard_and_Data_(2364).jpg
838KB, 1263x1067px
>team must sneak onto planet and data can't come because THERE'S NO MAKEUP to cover his green skin.

You'd think that in an age of super tech there'd be massive amounts of appearance altering technology. From tattoos to face cream to fuck knows. Instead they rely on shit like holograms that always fail.
>>
>>78915008
>its a data is from south american or france explaination episode
>>
>>78915008

actually they use cosmetic disguises all the time,

just not for data
>>
He also wasn't able to use contractions. A simple search and replace filter in his linguistic pathways would have accomplished the task. I've never checked but I'm betting that the writers said "that shit is stupid" after a season or two and let contractions slip into Data's dialog.
>>
Data was a good android and created to not be human. But he wanted to, that was the point. He wasn't created to be passable.
>>
>>78914490
Tattoos can be hidden and uniforms can be taken off
>>
>>78916311
No in season three he made a daughter who could use contractions and it made him so mad he murdered her.
>>
>>78914403
I have a necrophilia fetish so I find him ridiculously attractive.
>>
>>78915008
You can't fix autism with make-up, anon.
>>
>>78916311
> a simple search and replace filter in his linguistic pathways

obviously not a coder detected
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.