[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Taboo UK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 5

If there's a thread already you should've put the name in your title, you hypothetical nimwit.

TABOO episode 4. I can definitely say I'm hooked. What did /tv/ think? .
>>
Loved the first ep. Hated the second and third almost fell asleep. Almost stopped watching. Gave the fourth a try since theres barely anything to watch and liked it again. Curious how it will go from here.
>>
good show, a bit slow so expect around three sittings to finish one episode
>>
>>78913716
It's pretty damn intense for a slow show
>>
I hope he has a threesome with his two waifus
>>
>>78913464
Pleb.
>>
>>78913809
not really its just james being rude and """"""""intelligent""""""""
>>
Oona is so fucking pointless though. Her character development consists of making the :O face every time James is in the vicinity and being tsundere for him.
>>
Magic confirmed.
>>
>>78914135
I agree... And her husband isnt much better

I also dont like the Pirates of the Caribbean level villainy of the East India Company
>>
>>78913925
pleb
>>
>>78913716
Dunno how people watch half the trash films nowadays if they think Taboo is 'slow'. How are murder mysteries not dead?
>>
>>78914517
Pleb.
>>
>>78914458
Haha East India is my favorite part; they're literally like James Bond-tier villains.
>>
Delany is a complete Mary Sue. He manages to shrug off being stabbed and clubbed to the skull, everybody he meets instantly wants to help him, he outwits everybody else including the most powerful company and head of state in the world whilst fucking his sister with literal magic.
Other than that it's been pretty good
>>
>>78914458
Well at least there looks to be some plot development on her husband's part, so there's that.

>>78914458
They're such absolute shitcunts though, I could watch their little roundtable of evil sessions all day. Best India Company is fun
>>
>>78913411
[mumble]
>>
>>78915407
You forgot that all the girls want to ride his dick.
>>
>>78915407
I was okay with the stabbing because it looked kinda reasonable, I mean he was seriously fucked up there.

When he got clubbed in the head though, that was some fucking bullshit. He should've died right there, or at least been out cold.

As for him magically knowing all that top secret shit, I hope we get some explanation other than muh BBC in the spirit realm.
>>
i know its not but i would love so much for this to be a prequel to the revenant

also it sucks that it airs this many days earlier in teh UK. both the US and UK threads get half the traffic so it seems like less hype
>>
>>78915734
>When he got clubbed in the head though, that was some fucking bullshit. He should've died right there, or at least been out cold.
Yeah, that was a little too much. Especially that we don't see any wound afterwards. There was blood spraying around and everything.

>As for him magically knowing all that top secret shit, I hope we get some explanation other than muh BBC in the spirit realm.
Expect to be disappointed. The explanation will be spiritual stuff. Then again, that should be pretty clear at this point. It was clear from episode one, really.
>>
>>78913716
is this a meme?
>>
>>78915926
>The explanation will be spiritual stuff. Then again, that should be pretty clear at this point. It was clear from episode one, really.
I don't know, so far he's been shown to get his info the old fashioned way aka doing the legwork, snooping around and bribing/coercing people. So I'm hoping the spiritual shit is mostly cosmetic and he's more an illusionist than an actual wizard.
>>
>>78915870
>i would love so much for this to be a prequel to the revenant
Surely you must be fucking joking?
>>
File: 0.jpg (7KB, 624x344px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
7KB, 624x344px
>you're sitting on your sofa watching some comfy kino
>suddenly you hear a knock on your door
>open the door
"I'm full with thirst and the temptations of the tropics, and a great need to ease them."
>see this
what do?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-01-29-16h58m39s712.png (595KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-01-29-16h58m39s712.png
595KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>78917460
Oh for fucks sake.
>>
>>78917460
I'm rather surprised this was noticed so late
>>
>>78917460

Please somebody shoop in CIAs face
>>
>>78917460
i wonder if Hardy knows about the baneposting meme
>>
>>78917241
I'd still go for it, knowing the outcome and all.
>>
when did he get clubbed in the head?

did i miss an episode?
>>
>>78917732
well, somoene with a twitter account could probably spam him with it
just saying
>>
>>78917769
after he showed the chemist guy around the farm
>>
>>78917769
ep4
>>
>>78913837
Delaney better give the actress the D by next episode.
>>
>>78917797
>>78917820
ok I think i haven't seen that one yet, thanks
>>
>>78913716

Holy fuck. See a doctor, that's some serious fucking ADD.
>>
>>78913837
you mean his horse and the crossdressing dude, right?
>>
>>78917241

Get my dick sucked, succumb to syphilis over a period of years afterwards.
>>
>>78917732
Don't people here send him a birthday card every year? Surely he knows, just like surely Bale knows about dubs.
>>
>>78915734
>>78915926
It's a a complete and utter myth that getting hit in the head is guaranteed or even likely to knock you out.

You get knocked out by easily by temple and jaw hits.

Everything else is way more likely to just stun or daze you like you saw in the scene

and the blood is again misleading as the skin is extremely vascular on the head, makes everything look worse than it is.

>he should've died

Son you are seriously underestimating the resilience of the human body.
>>
>>78917460

IF I GO TO THE PARTY WILL YOU BE MY ALLY?
IT WOULD BE EXTREMELY GAINFUL
YOUR A NICE GUY
FOR YOU
>>
>>78918015
Well his head looked like it got hit pretty hard. He would've been at least really disoriented, and not able to do what he did.
>>
>>78918015
Remember when Titus Pullo had his skull caved in? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro9tn-wN9-0
>>
>>78913411
> hello hello hello
>not hello not hello not hello

>what was that?
>I have no idea

I feel like the entirety of the seriousness and grim tone the first 3 episodes brought was for the sole purpose of making this scene.
>>
>>78918168
You watch UFC? ever seen what a fighter can do when they are dazed? Plenty are still standing and moving and throwing punches, and plenty recover within 10-20 seconds if the other guy doesnt finish the fight
>>
What did you cuties think of episode 4?
>>
>>78913411
That robbery was pretty dank, and the duel is gon be good
>>
Do you guys think Lorna can go snakey or is she genuinely a dumb fuck who has no idea what she's doing?
>>
>>78917460
oh shit hardy knows
>>
>>78918404
That's if the duel goes ahead and the husband doesn't wake up without any memory. He was pretty wasted.
>>
>>78918648

>If the duel goes ahead

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqzPUWhEoTg
>>
>I challenge you to a duel do you accept?
>obv courshe

BANEPOSTING GALORE
>>
>>78918694
pistol duels are probably the most retarded thing humans have come up with to date
>>
>>78918694
let me guess, Thorne will miss and Delaney will shoot in a way that will leave Thorne hurt, but not killed
>>
>>78918796
Female detected, show us your tits slut
>>
>>78918822
are you kidding me? think about it
two people stand in front of each other aiming

>now shoot

I understand sword duels, that involved skill and actual physical prowess. But this? This is beyond silly.
>>
>>78918260
Been training Muay Thai for many years. There's a difference between getting dazed and having your head cracked the fuck open.

And to recover you pretty much need to keep moving, to keep the blood flowing. You can't just lay around lifeless with a cracked cranium and rise like Kano from Mortal Kombat and start slicing niggers to pieces.
>>
>>78918899
now imagine that in real life they actually were shooting in turns, not simultaneously
>>
>>78919052
even better
what decided who shot first?
>>
>>78918899
>Shooting a gun takes no skill
>>
>1847: Colonel William Wakefield and Dr. Isaac Featherston (who was his doctor) met in Wellington after Featherston had questioned Wakefield's honesty in a newspaper editorial on the New Zealand Company land policy. Featherston fired and missed, then Wakefield fired into the air, saying that he would not shoot a man with seven daughters. See 1966 Encyclopaedia of New Zealand for other New Zealand duels.
>>
>1694: John Law and Edward Wilson; Wilson challenged Law over the affections of Elizabeth Villiers (later Countess of Orkney); Wilson was killed. Law was tried and found guilty of murder and sentenced to death. His sentence was commuted to a fine, upon the ground that the offence only amounted to manslaughter. Wilson's brother appealed and had Law imprisoned but he managed to escape to the continent
>>
>>78919090
if the insult was very bad, first shot was made by the insulted, if the insult was lighter, the insulted part could shoot first only if the distance was greater than 35 feet. If the distance was shorter, it was decided by flipping the coin.
>>
>>78919006
the difference is he a weapon, the skull didnt break man just the skin, you do muay thai you know how easy it is to open people up with an elbow because its all bone and angled does everyone who gets cut and start gushing get knocked out?

And delaney didnt even move his legs at first, just a ham string cut with an undoubtedly sharp blade, and then they explicitly showed him taking his time and recovering between his actions.

And this isn't a ufc fight, this is life or death situation

Maybe watch the scene again, imo they did a great job
>>
File: baited.png (1MB, 1290x1432px) Image search: [Google]
baited.png
1MB, 1290x1432px
I don't think he accepts the duel because it would make his half-sister hate him. It's not the right path to achieve his goal. It's also easy to infer this from the way they play with expectation. Ending it with no answer then having "Yes" in the next show fucks up the tension.

Or it's a "Yes" but the next episode starts with them about the start the duel, James wins but does not kill him, brushes him off as weak and pathetic, embarrasses him further. Plot quickly moves on.
>>
>>78913411
I honestly have no idea about the story, but I really like the overall dialogue and Hardy's acting (even though sometimes it's hard to understand what he says).
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.