[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people pretend to like this movie? its not even close

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

Why do people pretend to like this movie? its not even close to his best or even a good one by him
>>
There's really no other movie like it I guess, all american trucker fights chinese demigods to save a modern day "princess", and it's all the more hilarious when you realize almost right up until the end Jack is essentially a goofy sidekick
>>
>>78910495
i didn't like it and i usually like 80s movies
the intro didn't really make any sense after the end of the movie
>>
>>78910495
>>
>>78910495
It's an inversion of the then-action hero trope.
>>
>>78910495
It's a great movie. Jack Burton is great.
>>
>>78910495

Are you talking about Kurt or Carpenter? Because it's one of Kurt's better roles and one of Carpenter's most fun.

Really when you've put yourself through the worst of Carpenter - Ghost of Mars, The Ward - Big Trouble begins to reveal itself as a much better movie.
>>
Why do people with autism pretend to be normal?
You will never understand normal human emotions, interactions, or concepts. Stop asking questions you know damn well your handicap prevents you from ever grasping even the most simple explanations for, and just accept that your feelings and opinions are broken and flawed and unworthy of validation.
>>
It's a fun movie that's well-made and really unique. It's not hard to understand.

>>78910652
Also this. Jack Burton is a great character because he thinks he's typical action hero, but he's really the goofy sidekick. It's probably Kurt Russel's most fun role.
>>
>>78910555
>>78910652

And is fun. It inspired pop culture, too, see MK, and was inspired by it, I guess.
>>
>>78911353
???
>>
>>78910495
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdkBDjtsURo
>>
>>78910495
It's funkino
>>
File: good_knife.jpg (9KB, 348x150px) Image search: [Google]
good_knife.jpg
9KB, 348x150px
Its a good knife

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=613RrA2M4j8
>>
File: all in the reflexes.gif (950KB, 400x178px) Image search: [Google]
all in the reflexes.gif
950KB, 400x178px
>>78912424
>>
>>78910555
>>78910850
>First time you ever plug somebody?
>Course not!
>>
>Movie is getting remade/soft rebooted
You just know that if it's a box office success, they'll make a shitton of sequels.
>>
RUNNIN' THROUGH THE MYSTIC NIGHT

>ywn sing back up vocals in JC's 80's rock synth band
>>
>>78912610
it won't be a success tho
>>
>>78910495
Great film, another one I really liked was Escape From New York
>>
>>78912610
You know this will happen:
>this time Wang Chi is a girl
>James Hong doesn't play the villain
>>
>>78910495
I also didn't like it very much. The pacing felt off, and it was just a little boring and tryhard at times.
>>
File: cash.jpg (15KB, 470x418px) Image search: [Google]
cash.jpg
15KB, 470x418px
I love the fuck out of Kurt Russell. Tango and Cash is one of my favorite movies, but I could not FOR THE LOVE OF FUCK get into the movie. It's just too weird.
>>
The commentary tracks for Big Trouble & The Thing are easily the best I've ever heard. Kurt Russel and John Carpenter talking about film and laughing over personal stories is so engrossing.
>>
>>78913032
>The pacing felt off
So you don't know why you didn't like it, you just didn't
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.