[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Arrival is good it really made me think (just streamed it on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: arrival-movie-4-e1471529984165.png (455KB, 1497x787px) Image search: [Google]
arrival-movie-4-e1471529984165.png
455KB, 1497x787px
Arrival is good it really made me think (just streamed it on my phone btw). Tell me why I am wrong.
>>
I don't get why its hated, did people expect something like independence day? did they not like the twist?
>>
Been wanting o watch it, but thus far it's only available in SD. Should I wait til better quality or just watch it now?
>>
>>78899492
its in ok quality on putlocker
>>
>>78899492
It's shit. Watch it however you like. It will still be shit.
>>
>>78899264
Time travel paradoxes ruin otherwise good movies. Cause and effect must be obeyed. The only time it ever works is when someone from the present goes into the future.
>>
>>78899479

There have been a large number of white woman saves the world movies and I think people are getting a little tired of them.

Rewatch the movie. There are multiple scenes where she waltzes in and tells a room full of men how it's gonna be.

She's bossing around generals by the end of it. The "Twist" is pretty cool- but as usual they present it as how it relates to our White woman and her white woman life.

I appreciate that Forrest Whitaker got some work though. Ghost Dog is a fucking classic.
>>
>>78899492
Watching the screener right now, it's perfect quality for the content of the movie
>>
>>78899492
It releases in HD in literally two days.
>>
>>78899720
i dont really give a fuck about her race or gender
>>
Plebs don't like it because they're not intelligent enough to understand how to time travel through language.
>>
Language time travel seemed like a dumb idea to me but I liked the film overall
>>
Because if you really would have thought you'd realise how non-nonsensical the foundation of the plot is.
>>
the movie is an eyesore with no interesting characters

HURR DURR WE'RE THE ARMY WE LIKE GUNS GOTTA SHOOT THE ALIENS DURR
>>
It's a good film, but its dialogue is horrendous.
>>
So what's the sanskrit word for war?
>>
I can't wait to never rememeber this movie
>>
>>78899479
There was no twist, dumbass
>>
>>78899720
OK but what about for people who aren't /pol/tarded?
>>
half the movie is filler; they put the military dumbasses in the middle just to build fake tension. also the idea that you can time travel by learning a language is inane. i felt bored by the entire movie and if I hadn't paid to see it in a theater I would have turned it off halfway. It wasn't even worth the time to watch it.
>>
You are correct, OP. Another good watch is Hell or High Water, you should get to it.
>>
>>78899264
The things it said about communication and language were interesting I thought. I was expecting the twist to have something to do with that. It built up nicely, but then the solution in the end was literally magic. It was kind of a let down. Could have been a good movie, it had some really nice elements. There were some pretty cool scenes I thought, but it left me unsatisfied.
>>
I was told this movie would be like Contact but the research/deciphering side of things wasn't as present as I hoped it would be. What's the point of hiring scientific consultants if they're not going to use half of their stuff?
>>
>>78899968
>i dont really give a fuck about her race or gender

You should- to appeal to white female audiences who go to the movies instead of pirate them the bossy white female protagonist has become commonplace in theaters. They have all the answers and they talk, not listen.

Whether they are hunting Bin Laden, running a Bolivian presidential campaign, flying into space with George Clooney, Flying into space with Wooderson, being a war correspondent in Iraq, or busting Ghosts it doesn't matter they are all the same character.

>Middlingly attractive female character has all the answers, is always right, always makes the right decision, everyone listens to her and they are never questioned, and at the end they have their cake and eat it too.

It makes for a pretty boring character if the only flaws come from external sources.

These females are just wish fulfillment, not art.
>>
the cinematography was completely flat, the visuals carried no weight, the only thing that was open to interpretation was the aliens during the first scene
the big reveal at the end with the chinese general is the most awkward thing ever written
the audience never gets an opportunity to try and think about the alien language, we go from having 0 information, to having google translate within one stupid montage

but the strength of the movie is telling a story about love, the aliens are only a tool and it succeeded with that
>>
>>78899264
>just streamed it on my phone btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.