[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could a show like Seinfeld be made today?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 8

File: 1485583736609.jpg (101KB, 488x847px) Image search: [Google]
1485583736609.jpg
101KB, 488x847px
Could a show like Seinfeld be made today?
>>
>HE'S A NIGGER! HE'S A NIGGER!

Probably not.
>>
>>78885875
Yes.
No one would watch it.
Show is garbage.
>>
>>78885875
It could be, but whiny cunts would cry about it. There would be a online outrage.
>>
>>78885875

No because shows about white sociopaths will never do well again, at least not if the show constantly reminds us that they're losers like in It's Always Sunny. Everyone in Seinfeld is too successful, including George.
>>
>>78885931
>even Newman got plenty of bjs thanks to Jerry
why doesnt everyone want to be maniacal Jews?
>>
>>78885931

>white sociopaths

They're kikes you fucking moron
>>
>>78886183
only jerry is jewish
>>
They did make a show like that again. It's called Curb your Enthusiasm.

It comes back this year.
>>
>>78886198
estelle is, so george is too
>>
>>78886198

The entire cast is quasi Jewish:

>George is Italian-Jewish
>Jerry is Jewish
>Elaine's actor is Jewish
>Kramer is a goofy Eastern Euro jew looking guy
>NYC is filled with Jews
>Show written by Jews about Jews
>>
fuck off antisemites
>>
>>78885921
false flagging conservative shills have ruin everything wouldnt you agree
>>
>>78885931
but It's Always Sunny is actually good and funny unlike Seinfeld
>>
File: 1444507054315.jpg (26KB, 314x260px) Image search: [Google]
1444507054315.jpg
26KB, 314x260px
>>78886264
>George is Italian-Jewish
>>
>>78886316
This always seemed like kind of shitty writing. Like, seriously? The head guy of the hate group looks exactly like George?

At least they kept it to one episode, unlike Art Vandelay, who would pop in and out with no explanation.
>>
>>78886489
Are you fucking retarded anon?
>>
>>78886547
You can tell a lot about a person by what they get out of Seinfeld
>>
>>78886489
you didnt watch the episode
or you did but you are so ameri tier you can't pay attention to what characters are saying
>>
>>78885913
Kys
>>
>>78886489
>The head guy of the hate group looks exactly like George?

i'm pretty sure in the episode they say they didn't know what Donald O'Brien looked like.
>>
>>78885875
No, the mainstreamed usage of cellphones today would easily solve most of the problems faced in each episode
>>
>>78886585
Yeah I saw the episode.

It was a really weird departure how they just started following the Donald O'Brien guy's adventures in a limo. Like, wtf?
>>
>>78885875
He should not be ashamed buy he should cover up on the subway. you should always be covered unless you live in a tropical zone
>>
>>78886637
yeah, and how they somehow managed to pull off a perfect switch between that quickly.

>Jews in charge of TV
>>
>>78886264
I was surprised to find out Jerry's mother is from Syria.

Also holy shit I just googled "jerry seinfeld" and apparently this tweet pissed off normieautists on twitter because of BLM:
>New!
>Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee
>Lewis Black.
>Black’s life matters.
Hope he tells them all to "shut up already".
>>
>>78886570
the 90's born numales I work with don't seem to get it, they prefer friends.
>>
>>78886597
Seinfeld is one of the old overrated trash firers (like full house)these days any time a show like it pops up it gets ignored. sunny is also shit
>>
>>78886612
They did say that.

I didn't mean it was shitty writing because they didn't know George and the one guy looked alike. It was just weird that they had Jason Alexander play both guys. Hell, the whole plot was kind of weird enough without that.
>>
>>78886298
I like both shows, but you would have to be a complete moron not to acknowledge how much sunny was influenced by seinfeld. without seinfeld, there would be no sunny
>>
>>78885931
it could be like Dexter. 4 corporate lords and their sociopathic adventures
>>
>>78886547
no but he just proved that you really are, jesus
>>
>>78886682
It will always have a cult following of people who appreciate it for its uniqueness, it was never possible for it to be as popular as other sitcoms
>>
>>78886682
What comedy shows appeal to your high tastes?
>>
>>78886677
He actually did

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/jerry-seinfeld-slammed-black-life-matters-tweet-180014558.html

Apparently he fights pretty hard against PC culture.

Is he, dare I say, our jew?
>>
>>78886677
That is not the first time
>>78886264
I will take jews over muslims
>>
>>78886679
I'm 21 and my 18 year old sister thinks it's whatever, and most people I've been friends with didn't get anything out of it or just thought it was boring. Everyone seems to love Friends for some reason. You can't even compare the two shows, Friends has only once made me laugh out loud but Seinfeld is borderline every episode.
>>
>>78886732
Quit samefagging you moron
>>
>>78886264
>JLD
>Jewish
Yeah, I wish
>>
>>78886636
you could just set it in the past but then it would not be relatable to post 00 people
>>
File: George seinfeld.jpg (61KB, 640x420px) Image search: [Google]
George seinfeld.jpg
61KB, 640x420px
are they even any good current sitcoms besides its always sunny?
>>
>>78886760
>>78886771
I don't see that he responded anything to those people? I know of that incidence before and the quotes in the article are from that old audio clip.

>Is he, dare I say, our jew?
Is he /ourjuy/?
>>
>>78886781
Ironically people who like Friends would also like Jerry Seinfeld's standup. Normies have no appreciation for subtlety, everything has to be a spectacle to hold their attention even if the spectacle isn't actually saying anything
>>
>>78886264

Georges and his family was athiest
Elaine was athiest with some jew friends
Jerry was raised jewish but is only culturally jewish
Kramer is Athiest but spiritual
>>
>>78886735
well that is true of all old shows.
>>
>>78886863
george is lithuanian orthodox
>>
>>78886682
Kek
>>
>>78886754
none. I liked friends (back when I was 16 or younger so Im not sure if it holds up) I recall it getting crappy near the end. I liked some bits of how i met your mother but found it tiresome overall
>>
>>78886916
kek
>>
>>78886489
End yourself
>>
>>78886760
>Is he, dare I say, our jew?
never put your faith in them. I hoped portman was the chosen one but she failed me
>>
>>78886861
>Ironically people who like Friends would also like Jerry Seinfeld's standup.
I can't remember ever talking to anyone about Jerry's standup, only ever the show, and then it was just "oh I've never seen it" or "yeah I watched an episode but I didn't like it".

>Normies have no appreciation for subtlety, everything has to be a spectacle to hold their attention even if the spectacle isn't actually saying anything
I love how Jerry comes off in his shows, and then when he gets to that fucking pitch when he's "yelling" questions out to the crowd.
>>
>>78886781
joey was a funny character
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (106KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
106KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>78887013
if youre a 15 year old girl maybe
>>
>>78886682
>comparing full house to Seinfeld

Seinfeld changed television and comedy. It really was/is an incredible show.
>>
>>78887013
Joey was only a good character in the first two seasons, after that it was rapidly downhill. The one time I remember I audibly laughed out loud is this, 0:55:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtHTiiny9u4
And that's Ross, obviously. Joey is just autism.
>>
>>78886916

Latvian Orthodox
>>
>>78887109
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVXsbUq2iKY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iULTDFlcorI
>>
>>78886718
Are you fucking retarded? It was only George, the whole point was that they thought he was O'Brien
>>
>>78887312
I don't think you got the episode senpai, consider watching it again
>>
>>78886735
>it was never possible for it to be as popular as other sitcoms
Don't pretend you have a clue about anything faggot.
>>
>>78885875
Yes, people would just realize it sucks this time.

>>78886198
keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek
You fucking moron. This is LITERALLY a show that is openly written by Jews about Jews. That's literally the whole point of the show.
>>
>>78887290
And both are from season 1 and 2, right? Fairly certain first link can't be any later than 3.
>>
>>78887359
>about Jews
It's clearly about nothing.
>>
>>78887312
They clearly refer to him as O'Brien the entire episode.

Whats your explanation for Vanderlay, that he's George's long lost twin brother or some bullshit?

It was lazy writing in an otherwise good show, deal with it.
>>
>>78886856
workaholics
>>
Why does everyone dress so horribly in Seinfeld? Like, even compared to other shows of its time and setting, the wardrobes are awful.
>>
>>78887452
I remember watching an interview, it might have been one of the Comedians Coffee episodes, where Jerry was talking about how he wanted the wardrobe to be timeless so he tried to wear things that were inoffensive etc. Guess that didn't turn out too well. Weird how Friends actually did well in that regard, maybe it's because they were all a lot more attractive than Jerry. Costanza is an exception though, everything he wore was an instant classic.
>>
>>78886735
From 1993 and on it was always a top 3 rated show on tv and was not being beaten by other sitcoms
>>
>>78887452
GORE-TEX
>>
File: george cat.jpg (58KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
george cat.jpg
58KB, 600x450px
>>78887109
>>78887290
get this friends shit outta here
>>
File: Untitled.png (49KB, 812x398px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
49KB, 812x398px
>>78887290
When you look at a comedy clip and find more comedy in comments
>>
No. Next question.
>>
seinfeld was new york before gentrification

friends was pussified new york after gentrification
>>
>>78885931
(((white)))
>>
>>78885875
I wholeheartedly kek at the reddit oozing out of this thread's pores. Some fag said in another thread earlier this day that Seinfeld earned its place by being a novelty and I couldn't agree with it more. Take out muh episodes about masturbation and muh episodes about taboo issues and you're left with a 6/10 generic sitcom like Chuck Lorre makes em.
In b4 "but it helped advance the state of comedy on TV". True. That doesn't make it any good. I don't see /mu/ bowing down to guys bashing rocks with sticks (although they might, haven't been there in a while). Hell, all of you fags with your Seinfeld shitposts have proven that anyone could write those dialogues. And the plot was always predictable as hell. It was always Murphy's Law + Checkov's Gun wasn't it? Anyways, never got how the show kept getting praise to this day. I have never seen anyone try and explain why they thought it was good. It's always
>it has a SOUP NAZI xDD
>le CONTEST
>le brutally honest pic in OP
literal 9gag tier reasons to like a show.
Still watched the whole thing because George and Frank Costanza's actors make me kek, and Newman was good as well.
tl;dr: Seinfeld wasn't awful but it's overrated af. Well, guess I'm not the only one.
>>
>>78887542

Friends probably had more influence on fashion/hair and other normie shit than Seinfeld.
>>
friends was funny when I was younger, but watching it now it's just not funny
the only thing I can laugh at now are the bloopers
>>
>>78888291
do you have any examples besides Jennifer anistons hair?
>>
>>78888272
But Chuck Lorre's shows aren't even 6/10, they're painfully below that. They patronize the viewers treating them like drooling retards and are in themselves absurdly mediocre premises.
>>
>>78886489
This is brilliant
>>
>>78886183
Jewish people are white, you stupid fuck.
>>
>>78888272
I disagree because you should kys.
>>
>>78888476
same could be said about seinfeld (seeing as how you provide no arguments) though it's definitely not below 6/10. I unironically don't think they're that different.
>>
File: disdain for plebs.png (656KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
disdain for plebs.png
656KB, 1280x720px
>>78888597
Still not an argument. Seriously though. I get pretty sad/lonely whenever a seinthread pops up. Suprisingly, with 7 billion people on Earth, I have never read one bad thing about the show that didn't come from me. It really triggers me.
>>
>Jerry Seinfeld tweets the most innocuous joke about Black Lives Matter.
>Not even disparaging it, just taking the s off of Lives while interviewing his comedian friend.
>Everyone pitches a fit online.

Probably not, to be frank. I'm even having doubt about Curb Your Enthusiasm's next season.
>>
>>78888516
AHAAHAHAHHAA
>>
>>78885875
indiscriminated internet access was a mistake. There's a lof of people that don't need to express themselves ever, much less behind a screen.
>>
>>78888272
>I have never seen anyone try and explain why they thought it was good.

Well, it's a comedy so presumably they found it funny. Trying to explain why you find something funny is often going to be difficult.

But beyond that:
- The show is easy to watch. There's no terrible romantic tension between the main characters or awkward attempts to teach the audience something. In fact, it made fun of many of the those type of things. Things that would have been painful in other shows of the time like - "One of the characters gets a black friend" is actually funny here.
- It struck an interesting balance between realistic / mundane observational material and scenarios which are obviously highly dubious (accidentally pretending to be a nazi leader).
- George was a great character as evidenced by Larry David managing to make so much material out of essentially the same role.
- All the characters are shitty enough to laugh when they fail but not so shitty that you just want them to die.
>>
>>78887400
Is that funny again yet? I thought the first two series were the best thing ever but then it really dropped off for me
>>
>show literally branded about nothing
>failed epically for first two years
>turn up the laugh track
>snowball following of retards
>Jews making money from public ignorance:the show

*cue random bass noises*
>>
>>78887399
They call him O'Brien because they thought that was his name.
>>
>>78885931
"""white"""
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.