[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Opinions on this film?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Opinions on this film?
>>
shit
watch only yesterday for truly animated romance
>>
I think I've given this director more than a fair chance to impress me by watching all of is films, yet none of them have connected.
This was the one that made me give up on him completely.
Couldn't get into the cheesy humour at the beginning and as it went on found it increasingly manipulative dramatically.
The time travel shtick was contrived and a get out of jail free card.
The character designs were plain and both protagonists felt kind of flat.
Good animation and some impressive scenary/background art though.
>>
>>78885162
>time travel shtick
>>
Japshit
>>
>>78884846
Looks nice but the story is a bit too cliche romance stuff desu

Your Name and Garden of Words are when he's actually started to write good stories to go along with the amazing visuals.
>>
The Place Promised in Our Early Days was much better.
>>
what is it?
>>
>>78884846
Good visuals, terrible writing.
>>
Not enough loli.
>>
>>78884846
It's fantastic. Fuck anyone who says it's bad. They didn't see it.
>>
File: kiminokino.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kiminokino.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
Your Name > 5cm/s
fite me
>>
>>78884846
that ost
>>
kimi no nawa was good but just fell into pretentious asshole poo drivel
5cm was perfect the entire way
>>
>>78886779
how was Your Name pretentious, do you even know what that word means?
>>
>>78886897
the whole second half after its revealed the girls city was destroyed in the meteor strike was fucking annoying
shinkai starts forcing emotional shit for the sake of the movie even though it doesnt make sense, so as to make it more of a sad and magical movie. tried too hard
pretentious
>>
Here we have one of the most precious movies of recent memory: A triptych, each segment connected by a theme of nondescript youth who long for love from afar, 5 Centimeters Per Second arbitrarily refers to the speed at which cherry blossom petals float to the ground, and it's this type of literary masturbation that dominates the narrative.

Why is this even a movie? In place of active imagery, we are immediately assaulted with descriptive voiceover, such as "I went to sleep crying that night, the only thoughts in my head being of him." Indeed, the animation is so bad that we must be described in sober detail what each character is doing as they do it.

Besides redundancy, we are treated to an onslaught of logorrhea, mostly observing the weather, whining about regret, and various other banal commentary replete with adverbs and random metaphors that would disappoint even the most lax of English teachers. Every line is uttered with such somber despondency, usually accompanied by sunset gazing (for dramatic effect), that we wonder: If this skin-deep storytelling is considered profound, then what the hell do the filmmakers consider shallow?

For its hour-long runtime, to quote the movie: "Every minute felt like an eternity, clearly as if it had malicious intent, slowly ebbing away from me. I clenched my teeth, and keeping myself from crying was the only thing I could do."

0/5
>>
>>78887067
>forcing emotional shit for the sake of the movie even though it doesn't make sense

uh, the emotional connection between the two main characters was the whole fucking point of the film, how on earth was that forced?

Also, nice pleb catchphrase of "tried too hard", says a lot about you
>>
>>78885782
Shinkai is a pretty shit storyteller desu, your name is the best so far
your name is also paced far better than his older films
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.