[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was his life so shitty?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 19

File: latest[1].jpg (151KB, 1275x673px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
151KB, 1275x673px
Why was his life so shitty?
>>
He was the sacrifice the island (and god) demanded
>>
M I N E R A L S
>>
He was a martyr to turn Jack into everything Locke couldn't become due to his shitty upbringing and lack of a kidney
>>
Bald people deserve it.
>>
Will there ever be anything that has the same unique magic and brilliance that L O S T had?
>>
I'm still fucking mad. I'll never not be mad about what happened to Locke. Best character in the show and he gets shit on completely.
>>
>>78882658
That's what's so great about it. One for the most tragic characters of all time
>>
File: LOST.jpg (199KB, 648x929px) Image search: [Google]
LOST.jpg
199KB, 648x929px
>yfw this never happens
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (192KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
192KB, 1920x1080px
>>78882658
>Best character

nah
>>
>>78882839
Fucking this.
>>
>>78882658
that was the point of the character - to get absolutely shit on every time he builds up a certain amount of confidence
>>
>>78882784
I remember back in season 3 when that episode aired, everyone was going absolutely nuts analyzing the cabin scene, from the jars on the shelf, to the lighting, the dust and shit on the floor, the char Jacob was in, the voice, everything. Everyone was obsessed with finding out what / who jacob was, it was such a fun time to be watching the show.

No other show I can think of has recaptured that sense of mystery, even if the show didn't pan out exactly as most people wanted it to, it still had a fantastic ending and I get emotional when I rewatch it.
>>
File: madjack.jpg (22KB, 297x402px) Image search: [Google]
madjack.jpg
22KB, 297x402px
>>78882839
>Best character

Anyone but Ben

At least in terms of writing
>>
>>78882886
>>78882839
Chill brothas, there's more than one best character on L O S T, there's far too many based characters for there to be just one.
>>
>>78882839
>tfw the 'it's all gone' scene
>tfw never have a relationship as perfect as penny and des
>>
>>78882839
My brotha.
>>
File: 1462179570065.jpg (23KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1462179570065.jpg
23KB, 500x500px
>when the nuke went off and the logo was white
>>
>>78882635
No, it was a groundbreaking masterpiece at the time. No other show or movie will come close in terms of the sheer number of Lost threads on /tv/. I remember during the finale the first SIX pages were entirely Lost threads.

Rewatched it last year, it's definitely aged badly though. Still a solid 8/10.
>>
Can we all admit miles was just the Asian version of Sawyer? Out of all the characters he alone seemed like a rehash
>>
File: orgasmic.gif (3MB, 200x180px) Image search: [Google]
orgasmic.gif
3MB, 200x180px
>>78882879
>That reveal afterwards that showed that Ben was actually just making shit up and pretending to talk to Jacob and didn't even think that Jacob or the cabin was real. So when Locke brings Ben to the cabin he realizes that he has been forsaken by an actual god in favor of his competition and has an existential crisis.

>Even though he's internally freaking the fuck out he manages to keep his cool in spite of seeing literal magic for the first time and still tricks Locke into believing he's in charge before murdering him
>>
>>78882839
Tough pick between Sawyer or Desmond, Muh waifu is Juliette fuck Kate
>>
>>78882331
Locke was terribly underused and became just squandered potential.
>>
>>78883014
Miles was honestly the worst addition to the show. He didn't really add anything and his talking to ghosts ability was pretty out of left field. Also the whole time travel plot where he meets his dad seemed like an aside that didn't really need to happen except for filler
>>
>>78883068
Not at all
>>
>>78883020
It's still one of the best episodes of the entire show.

Also

3>1>2>4>5>>6

6 was still good though for the most part. I hated the finale when I first watched it, I even remember watching that shitty Jimmy Kimmel shit after the show aired in the hopes that they would show some new content or an alternate ending, and was trolled hard.

But in retrospect, having rewatched LOST a few times since it finished, I've grown to love the finale and the story of the characters. The Island lore and the mystery elements were poorly handled, but the story of the characters is one of television's best.
>>
>>78882331
>magnificent acting performance on an acclaimed show
>all he gets out of it is one shitty /tv/ meme that doesn't even make sense

Why didn't based Terry become a successful actor?
>>
File: durnitup.jpg (20KB, 405x497px) Image search: [Google]
durnitup.jpg
20KB, 405x497px
>>78883143
Because we didn't recognize brilliance when it durned to us
>>
>>78882331
It's a fucking travesty.
>>
>>78883009
>Rewatched it last year, it's definitely aged badly though.

That's because this time you watched it in a vacuum.

LOST doesn't work if you marathon it on your own like most shows can be watched, it was a success because of how people were talking about it and discussing it at school, at the water cooler and on forums after every episode. That's why almost everyone who watched the show after it was over didn't get why it was a success. They're missing a crucial part of the communal experience that was LOST.
>>
File: vlcsnaptrigger.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnaptrigger.png
1MB, 1280x720px
For me nothing beats the atmosphere of the hatch scenes in season 2. Love that place
>>
>>78883219
Season 2 is underrated. A lot of people hated the Tailies plot, and Ana Lucia (I don't understand the hate, I didn't think she was that bad).

But the Hatch scenes were 100% pure KINO. That entire set was so fantastic, it sucked to see it go after only 1 season.
>>
File: duh.jpg (55KB, 270x890px) Image search: [Google]
duh.jpg
55KB, 270x890px
>It's a Jacob could have just come out of the woods at any point and avoided 90% of the problems the MiB caused by saying hi and explaining some shit but instead just watched as his followers hung around kidnapping pregnant women and fucking with bears episode
>>
>>78883264
>90% of the problems the MiB caused
MiB did not cause shit.
>>
>>78883178
After all these years I still have no fucking comprehension as to what this meme is.
>>
>>78883247
My brotha

I'm not one to hate on season 3, I thought it was very good - but I would have loved to see the hatch implosion happen at the end of season 3 rather than 2 and have that whole story continue and develop for an extra season. Kino at its purest form
>>
File: LOST overreacting.jpg (120KB, 640x1800px) Image search: [Google]
LOST overreacting.jpg
120KB, 640x1800px
The Jack x Kate x Sawyer love triangle all but ruined the show for me. I DIDN'T FUCKING CARE about it. I fucking HATED Kate. I still get angry.

Libby > Juliet >> Anyone Else >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Niki & Paulo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kate
>>
>>78883247
Ana Lucia wasn't bad for the plot, but she was just so unlikable as a character that everyone hated seeing her. Honestly she just fucks everything up at every possible decision and any time anyone tries to talk to her, her response is "fuck you I have a gun". They tried making her more sympathetic with the dead baby flashbacks but then it was too late. After she gets shannon killed no one even does anything and she just gets to go free and keep being a bitch until she gets murdered.

>>78883303
Almost every ghost that gets someone killed was MiB.
He killed
>Eko
>Shannon
>Nikki and Paulo (oh wow its fucking nothing)
>He tricked John into turning the wheel, ultimately leading to his death
>Pretends to be Jacks dad and seeds disbelief
>Gets Ben to kill Jacob by pretending to be his dead daughter

Honestly if Jacob had stepped out and said "hey theres a bad guy around who can pretend to be your dead relatives" most problems could have been avoided
>>
>>78883264
The whole plot with Dharma / the Others / Jacob became so convoluted. It was brilliant at first, just them not being alone on this seemingly deserted Island, then the scenes of the Others walking through the forest barefoot and whatnot, really made them so mysterious and menacing. Then season 5/6 came on with the Jacob stuff and it just wasn't as compelling anymore. Suddenly the Others were just this incompetent group doing stupid shit that Ben told them to do for whatever reason.

Was it ever made clear exactly why Ben was studying pregnant women on the Island? What was the purpose of that research? It's also ironic how Ben essentially became the new Dharma running his own research and whatnot as opposed to just going into the Jungle and living with all the real "others" at the temple.
>>
>>78882331
He's literally me
>>
>>78883574
>Honestly if Jacob had stepped out and said "hey theres a bad guy around who can pretend to be your dead relatives" most problems could have been avoided
Honestly he should not have killed him in the first place.
>>
>>78883595
What? Because pregnant women and the babies were dying on the island. He was trying to fix that
>>
File: 1278480729092.jpg (315KB, 488x993px) Image search: [Google]
1278480729092.jpg
315KB, 488x993px
Relevant image
>>
>>78883595
>Was it ever made clear exactly why Ben was studying pregnant women on the Island?
Well yeah because pregnancy on island was a suicide for both mother and a child, that's why he brought Juliet in.
>>
>>78883553
Why do people hate Kate so much? Walt and his moronic father are way worse
>>
>>78883657

MY BOOYYYYY!
>>
>>78883635
At least Michael's death was lulzy.
>>
>>78883635
>>78883650
Oh yeah, I kinda forgot about that for some reason, I feel really stupid.
>>
>>78883595
Was it ever made clear exactly why Ben was studying pregnant women on the Island?
Ben wanted to have a stable population without having to kidnap survivors of wrecks but couldn't because all babies conceived on the island die.
>It's also ironic how Ben essentially became the new Dharma running his own research and whatnot as opposed to just going into the Jungle and living with all the real "others" at the temple.
The others were on the island the whole time and after Ben became the leader he had most of the normal people live in the sanctuary and just hang out doing whatever with the samurai man while the people with real skills did the security work and science stuff
>>
>>78883637
breddy gud. guys just read this instead of wasting time watching lost
>>
>>78883657
MY NAME IS MICHAEL, AND I'M A SINGLE DAD
MUST BE THE FIRST NIGGER WHO THAT SHIT SAID!
LOST MY SON AGAIN, BUT IT AIN'T MY FAULT
GONNA LOOK HIM IN THE JUNGLE WHILE SCREAMING "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT!"
>>
Was there a worse subplot than the samurai man in the temple?
>>
He made a mistake by not fucking that little girl he had his eyes on in the past life.
For missing that chance, his life went to hell.
>>
>>78883834
Nikki and Paulo
>>
>>78883853
>That little girl
>Past life
Confirmed for complete retard
>>
MiB > Jacob

MiB had a relatable goal, Jacob was a total fucking asshole.
>>
File: juliet.jpg (124KB, 1280x710px) Image search: [Google]
juliet.jpg
124KB, 1280x710px
Best girl by far
>>
>>78883869
I actually liked the episode and how it gave a secondary view of the events of the show over time from the perspective of the plebs who never do anything. I hated the actual plot obviously but the idea was pretty rad.
>>
>>78883951
Really!?

Ms Frozen Bitch Face who was a fucking bitch to Ben for reasons that we only knew much later in Seasln 3 is the best girl in the show?

Do you even Rose, man?
>>
>>78883951
That fucking smirk.

Puts Natalie Dormer to shame.
>>
I'll always love Ana Lucia
>>
File: IMG_0481.jpg (51KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0481.jpg
51KB, 400x388px
>yfw final scene
>>
When LOST first started I was hyped as fuck thinking it'd be a serious story about people surviving on an island. I liked how it turned out, but I still want another show that's a non-goofy story about some shipwrecked people surviving on a deserted island, with an actual focus on getting water and food and the group-dynamics, people splitting off to go live on their own or hogging supplies like Sawyer and all of those things. It's criminal how there's practically no shows like that, and all of them play up the goofiness.
>>
File: Freddy Prince Jr..jpg (28KB, 164x180px) Image search: [Google]
Freddy Prince Jr..jpg
28KB, 164x180px
>>78884076
>mfw catching the first episode years later and finally realising that it ended like it started

I felt so stupid/blind.
>>
File: 1469668624305.jpg (21KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1469668624305.jpg
21KB, 400x388px
>>78884076
>mfw Charlie and Claire "wake up"
>>
>>78882331
Because lost was actually hell
>>
>>78884076
I know. They deserved it
>>
>>78884196
'no'
>>
Where were you when season 2 premiered? Hypest moment of the show, I remember watching it with some friends and the look of shock on all our faces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_5ZQW0BCFU
>>
>>78884405
I wasn't there... I started watching it during season 3.

My parents started watching it before I did, was in high school at the time and they actually got me into watching the show. I remember seeing them watch it sometimes, the hatch scenes, and I thought it was so weird and strange, like if this show is on an Island why the fuck do they have washing machines and shit?
>>
>>78884405
Living-room watching it with my family, everyone wondering what the fuck was going to happen.

Not only is it the hypest moment of the show, I'm pretty sure it's the most hype-inducing season premiere intro of any show.
>>
>>78884600
Teh hypest moment was beginning of season 4.

You only don't recognize it because it didn't meet your expectations
>>
File: 1297841439666.jpg (25KB, 427x640px) Image search: [Google]
1297841439666.jpg
25KB, 427x640px
>>78882839
>>78882658
You rang?
>>
>>78884405
All I could think about is how annoying it would be to be woken up from a deep sleep every 2 hours to push that fucking button.
>>
>>78884076
"Will you help me?"

The fucking look on Ben's face, I couldn't hold the tears back.

I bet Hurley was 100x the "protector" that hack Jacob was.
>>
>>78884891
There's people who only sleep for 20 minutes at regular intervals, only sleeping like 2 out of every 24 hours. although it takes them a couple of months to acclimatise to the new sleep pattern where they're basically walking zombies, and if they miss any of the 20-minute naps they quickly get fucked up. I assume that would set in for him as well. Which is even worse, really. All that time and you're stuck in a bunker. But people who sail across the world on their own really benefit from it, so it would kind of fit that he was already on that kind of sleep pattern when he ended up on the island.
>>
File: 7175979.gif (2MB, 360x200px) Image search: [Google]
7175979.gif
2MB, 360x200px
>>78884076
>tfw Vincent shows up so Jack doesn't have to die alone.
>>
>>78885138
Well if you have 2 people in the bunker, the minimum amount to run it properly, you can have shifts where one person works 12 hours on the button, while the other sleeps / does whatever they want.

I agree though, Desmond was probably better prepared for it than anyone.
>>
File: IMG_0427.jpg (18KB, 600x576px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0427.jpg
18KB, 600x576px
>Lindelof, JJ and Cuse will never make the spinoff they teased
>>
>>78884735
The car chase with Hurley?

That didn't really reveal anything new, though. Just confirmed what we already knew from the end of season 3.

"We have to go back" was the biggest cliffhanger of the show.

I'd say in terms of opening scenes, it goes 2>1>6>3>5>4
>>
>>78884735
I don't even remeber the ending of season 3. 2 was the hypest
>>
>>78885490
>I don't even remeber the ending of season 3
m8
WE HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE ISLAND
>>
>>78885647
oh. there was no actual mystery there though, only a small plot twist for the episode. it never hyped me iirc
>>
>>78885733
>Small plot twist

Season 3 was probably the biggest twist in the entire show, I was fucking shocked when it was revealed, that shit was by far one of the craziest moments in any tv series.
>>
>Don't tell me what I can't do.

Inspiring shit.
>>
>>78882986
Chills
>>
>tfw lost didnt explore that karmatronic idea ala jonny darko, 12 monkey etc
>instead it went nose dive on religious and divinities
LINDELOFFFFFFFFFF11
>>
File: we_have_to_go_back.png (220KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
we_have_to_go_back.png
220KB, 1280x720px
Was this scene the best plot twist ever?
>>
>>78883247
It's pretty crazy that a show as big as Lost was being produced so closely with when it was airing that they could make quick story revisions like Ana Lucia's death in the same season she was introduced.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.