[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Letdown by the Sea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1130.jpg (822KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1130.jpg
822KB, 1920x1080px
The acting's good and all but the story wasn't as immersive or interesting. The ending plus last quarter just falls really flat and left me wanting more and confused. In simple words, the story was just okay and the whole movie felt like a movie for the sake of making a movie. 6/10 at best
>>
>>78863839
Its better than la la land
>>
>>78863839
The fire scene was done pretty well.
>>78865429
Hell or High Water is the best film of 2016.
>>
>>78863839
The best film of 2016.
>>
>>78865452
Hell or High Water is the dollar store version of No Country
>>
>>78863839
Agreed, it's fine but doesn't particularly explore anything new or shine as 10/10 in any aspect particularly, it was ok.

Moonlight was stronger imo
>>
>>78865429
Even left-wing Guardian types don't particularly like La La Land anymore because it got overhyped so much it couldn't be anything but disappointing. It's a shame because on it's own merits it would be fine, but going into it expecting a 9/10 and it being a 6.5/10 is pretty shit
>>
>>78865452
Hell or High Water is the most overrated movie i've seen in a while, and i hate that meme word. It's so bland and generic it made me angry
>>
>>78866732
People only say it was the best movie of the year since this was a shit year for movies.
>>
>>78863839
Yes, the ending was pretty shitty. Everyone is looking for him to step up and be that guardian and he just signs its away. He makes small steps to try to help the kid but also go back to living his shitty life in Boston. And just when you think hes warmed up to the idea and looking for a place with an extra room for the kid he gets shot down as if to say "you wanna be dead to me go be dead" Id be more ok with the ending if they didnt rush it into nice 30 second montage
>>
>>78866732
My dad was a yuge movie buff all his life and made me watch true kinos growing up but now hes a bitter asshole who once USED TO watch kinos with me and reward me with 20$ everytime I showed him a good movie. He stopped watching films the last 3 years or so and calls movies "A waste of valuable time" and he loved HOHW and gave me 20$ for it.
>>
>>78866440

Moonlight or Hidden Figures. Any other answer and you are a racist sexist man baby
>>
>>78866794
From the best pic noms i've seen, Hell or High Water is by far the worst. I've yet to see Hidden figures and Lion.

>>78866808
Ok, cool i guess. My dad would probably like it too
>>
>>78866825
Moonlight is in a different league to hidden figures, don't conflate the 2.
>>
>>78866862
That's fair. I would only place it above Hidden Figures and La La Land (haven't seen Lion or Fences). But I'd still maintain that this is one of the weakest years for mainstream movies, so it's understandable that people would hold it in high regard relative to the other movies this year.
>>
>>78866825
>juxtaposing moonlight and hidden figures
now you're being racist
>>
>>78863839
The story wasn't the point I feel, it was the worldbuilding, which was incredibly immersive and brought to life by the characters and town.

At the end of this day this is just one man's struggle in a larger picture, of which many people go through the same kind of struggle during daily life.

I think it falters towards the end, where it sort of loses direction, and then never has a resolute end. Saying that however, it's also meant to mimic life so of course there's no end, things just simply keep going.
>>
>>78868298
It's all very competently put together, but it all feels very contrived. It's as though a board room sat down and said "what topic would be a good one to get everyone to say how deep we are" and then settled on this. It feels very inauthentic to me all the way through.
>>
his struggle with what he did was fucking brutal, thats the strong point of the movie.

i would probably just an hero if i had killed my two little girls in a fire accident.
>>
>>78868813
This. The classic music super imposed over basic scenes was weak af
>>78869294
He did try to an hero but thought the gun was loaded. The only good scene from the entire movie imo
>>
the ending shows that he is trying to finally let other people into his life
after an entire movie of him rejecting everyone, even in one of the last scenes he admits that he "cant beat it"
its a sad movie, there isnt a fairy tail ending where his kids are alive again
the lasting impact it left on him is the whole point, if he just got over it because he ordered a kid pizza, it would mean nothing
>>
File: 620686096.jpg (162KB, 396x594px) Image search: [Google]
620686096.jpg
162KB, 396x594px
>>78863839
the flashbacks were weak as well
>>78870192
this
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.