[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why did he leave bros

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 8

File: dave.jpg (27KB, 480x600px)
dave.jpg
27KB, 480x600px
why did he leave bros
>>
((Hollywood)) is not a nice place
>>
>>78861177
Because he wasn't funny.
>>
>>78861177
He went to smoke crack in africa, didn't you watch the news back then?
>>
>>78861177

He found out Hollywood is run by pedos.
>>
>thought he could last on less then 10 million the rest of his life
>less than 10 years later he back
gee
>>
>>78861177
the jungles of africa are the one place the illuminati mind control unified field does not work. however, living on giant grubs and gorilla droppings is not a fulfilling life so like most men chappelle traded freedom for comfort, beer and money.
>>
Racists were laughing at the wrong parts of the jokes.
>>
>>78861947
Is it true Bill Burr made him rage quit comedy because he laughed to hard at one of the black characters?
>>
He didn't want to be churned out by the Hollywood meat grinder.
>>
he got tired of white people using his comedy as an excuse to hate black people
>>
>>78862000
Then why doesn't he just make jokes that aren't built around being black?
>>
>>78862000
I've followed his career and have never heard him say anything to that effect. I wonder why people repeat it so often.
>>
he burned out.

don't coddle him. he's not the same guy anymore.
>>
>>78862037
>>78862038
you just don't get it and never will
>>
Braindead fans screaming catchphrases at him while he's at Disneyland with his kids.
>>
>>78862059
Lol, if that's what you need to think to feel better about yourself, go ahead mate.
>>
>>78862038
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zAwQsteyz8
>>
File: Based Dave.jpg (115KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
Based Dave.jpg
115KB, 960x960px
>>78861200
>>78861200
dubs confirm
>>
>>78862045
it's just a rumor people love to spread. some say that bill burr laughed too hard at one of his jokes making fun of black people. others like the paul mooney version where mooney convinced chappelle all the white people around him were out to get him and made him paranoid.

theres a bunch of versions of the same basic story, there is zero proof. idk how it even got started.
>>
>>78862101
Didn't you see his snl appearance a few months ago? That will tell you what he thinks of white people, at least white americans.
>>
>>78861177
He says he was tired of the fame. Dave is back now though and wants to make money now. There's also an interesting conspiracy theory floating around called the Chapelle theory that tries to explain why he quit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZCqIuOx6OA
>>
ITT: Baseless speculation

Just like all of these threads.
>>
>>78862113
Sounds like Dave has accepted two huge strawmen
>>
>>78862113
That's true. Based Dave.
>>
he became that which he mocked
>>
Has anyone considered that maybe Dave just went away because he knew he had hit his peak and didn't want to milk his reputation or run his series into the ground? e.g., go out like Seinfeld rather than the Simpsons
>>
>>78861177
He seems like he's going through what Eminem did, where the fame and how people perceived him had gotten to be too much so he had to reinvent himself.

I guess that line in his one "Niggar Family" sketch was actually him saying that: "Oh Lawd! This racism is killin' me inside!"
>>
File: 1484697876539.jpg (26KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1484697876539.jpg
26KB, 400x400px
>>78862238
>tfw you just remembered simpsons is still airing
>>
>>78862269
It doesn't seem to really be so much of a "race" issue as a "fame and wealth" issue. Dave made his fortune and found his success by appealing to racial issues. We're so browbeat by this culture to view everything as being a result racial aggression, especially white. We insert it everywhere by default.
>>
>>78862321
You definitely can never have another show like his anymore. And it wasn't even that long ago.
>>
I keep meaning to watch this.
>>
Probably has something to do with the fact that he's a private and religious guy and he didn't want to his kids to grow up in Hollywood and places where strangers think it's ok to yell, "I'm Rick James, bitch!" at him in public.
>>
Didn't he already admit why he left?

He couldn't do standup because everyone would yell out his characters' catchphrases and he was upset that he had been boiled down to those phrases.
>>
>>78861177
but he's back and he's jacked
>>
>>78862362
it's alright, hes a better writer than stage personality
>>
File: 1296336040749.jpg (18KB, 400x315px) Image search: [Google]
1296336040749.jpg
18KB, 400x315px
>>78861177
>yfw you like the rick james sketches
>Know that you probably can't bring it up when talking to chappelle because he apparently hates them due to whole "I'm rick james, bitch" thing.
It's a shame really.
>>
>>78861177
>why did he leave bros

Because when they shot the sketch "The Niggar Family" Bill Burr was on set, and laughed so hard and uncontrollably when Dave delivered the line "I knows bettah than ta git between a Niggar and their pork !" that he cracked a rib, and couldn't stop laughing. A similar thing happened with another white guy on the set when they were shooting another sketch, it might have been Burr both times, I don't remember, but in any case, between those incidents and people shouting "I'm Rick James, Bitch !" at him when he was in public with his family, he realized that a large part of his audience wasn't laughing with him, but at him and black people in general. I'm in the industry, I didn't work on Chappelle but I know people who did, and you can believe me or call me a liar and keep beating off to traps, but that's what actually happened
>>
>>78862160
Didn't 30 Rock spoof this?
>>
Why is no one surprised at how jacked he got? Or did I miss the train?
>>
File: Raimi.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Raimi.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>78862361
It was a different time.
>>
>>78861177

I like showing this to college classes for various topics. They were like 6 or 7 when it first came out and look at the black white supremacist stuff like it's from another dimension.
>>
>>78862081

Hey. Heyheyheyhey.

Rick James, bitch!
>>
>>78862210
>>78862204
>>78862113
he never said that
>>
le richard james bitch
>>
Didn't he die?
>>
>>78861177

A) He did not enjoy being famous
B) Starring in a hit TV show is a LOT of work. It's 60 - 80 hour work weeks and you never see your family. He chose a happy life over being mega famous and powerful. Coming from someone who worked in entertainment, I totally understand why he did what he did.
>>
Thought his show had become a glorified minstrel show.
Got sick of people shouting out "I'm Rick James, Bitch!" at his stand up shows.
>>
>does comedy set that seems to defend Trump
>later releases statement "I did not defend Trump, I am voting for Hillary"
>now literally everyone hates him
He dug his own hole, he can rot in it.
>>
>>78864651

Back to your safe space
>>
He is a muslim and prepares for jihad.
>>
>>78864182
I think this is most of it, I've heard the story about him being mad at someone laughing too hard at the wrong part of his sketch, but I think if anything that was just a trigger for the underlying dissatisfaction he had for job.

He doesn't strike me as the kind of person who would be so easily offended.
>>
File: Cyrus the Virus.png (300KB, 560x364px) Image search: [Google]
Cyrus the Virus.png
300KB, 560x364px
>>78861177
That's too bad
I liked Pinball
>>
>>78864651

>has the only rational reaction to the election on television

CTR: "Reality. Not even once."
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.