[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/got/ general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 77

Previous >>78791207

/ourqueen/ edition
>>
File: amy-adams-s1238x1650-435032.jpg (228KB, 1238x1650px) Image search: [Google]
amy-adams-s1238x1650-435032.jpg
228KB, 1238x1650px
First for Catelyn
>>
Daily reminder that (f)Aegon and Jon Connington will murder Davos' family because they will refuse to bend the knee.
>>
>>78808287
Isn't Davos out on his Rickon adventure when this would take place?
>>
>>78808178

Everyone who died will come back as ghosts to fight The Others led by Jon wielding a newly forged sword made from Longclaw and Dawn.

>>78808287

They will capture Tommen somehow and use him as a bargaining chip to get Cersei to bend the knee, she doesn't bite, Tommen goes bye-bye.
>>
>>78808329
Davos is heading to Skagos as of ADwD, but his wife Mariya and his children are back in the castle Stannis offered him when he landed him. Jon Con gave a clear order to kill anyone who doesn't switch from Stannis to FAegon. You may infer the rest on your own
>>
>>78808429
same here. the worst thing is that dany fags and lannister fags would laugh about what Stannis did and call me an idiot for liking him and go on and on about it when i tried to point out how full of shit dany is and how the lannisters are dying dynasty etc. gets met with the same bullshit. Even when i compare the show against itself and leave the books out i get called booksnob as if the show i uncriticisable because its based on a book series and time, money blah blah blah. So took off my pro stannis profile pic and banner and stop saying anything about the show.
>>
>>78805708
4 new thread

>In the book it was him learning to warg the ravens.

no it wasnt. bloodraven said hed never walk but he'd fly. theres no way he doesnt know that bran is warging hodor and summer, so if flying as a raven counts as flying then why doesnt walking as hodor or summer count as walking
>>
>>78808351
>Everyone who died will come back as ghosts
pillkinton-tier insanity and you should kys
>>78808351
>They will capture Tommen somehow and use him as a bargaining chip
would be cool af. connington will go tywin in the end is a guaranty.
>>
>>78808512

Who is really going to defend King's Landing now when I think about it? Jaime is in Rivverun, probably won't go out of his dislike for Cersei but might due to his love for Tommen. Robert Strong will probably be dead before the battle even starts. I can imagine Cersei would get shit scared and offer some sort of marriage alliance when they go and meet Aegon, this will be her downfall as she is captured along with Tommen and her guards are slaughtered.
>>
>>78808697
yes for a paranoid whore she really doesn't understand people. she could easily underestimate jons grudge against tywin. the guy lost his husbando and tywin abandoned them all.
>>
>>78808697
>Who is really going to defend King's Landing now when I think about it?
d&ds boner for lena/cersei
>>
>>78808970
Pretty sure they're referring to the books
>>
>mfw this is still running
Didn't /tv/ ban these threads when GOT isn't airing? What can you all possibly discuss now?
>>
>>78809078
oh in that case no one. Aegon is taking it
>>
>>78809145
Go be triggered somewhere else
>>
>>78809179
Not even trigger, I'm just wondering what the fuck can possibly be discussed in all these off-season /got/ threads. If The Winds of Winter was released I could understand or a new trailer, but there's nothing new. Not even a released excerpt on GRRM's blog.
>>
You think Jon will go the Jorah route from the show?
>>
>>78808377
Sorry misread your post I thought you said he, as in Davos, refused to bend the knee.

You know, if Davos's family does die and he finds out and the Rickon mission fails or Rickon is dead then Davos might end up serving Jon in the books as well.

Anyone else agree or do you think that still won't happen in the books?
>>
File: 1485442620929.jpg (63KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1485442620929.jpg
63KB, 600x450px
>>78809220
we endlessly talk about how terrible the show is
>>
How big do you think Winds will be when the thing is finally complete and finished? I imagine somewhere around 12,000 and 13,000 pages. Martin said it would both be bigger than Storm and Dance.
>>
>>78809395
13,000 pages? what?
>>
>>78809385
>Stannis autistry at its finest
Look, I don't like what they did with the character or how the showrunners pissed away an actor of Dillane's caliber, but what's done is done. Stannis is still alive in the books and probably going to crush the Bolton-Frey army with that trap of his. The books are separate from the show regardless if GRRM croaks before finishing ASOIAF.

I loathed what the show did to Jaime, but shit happens.

>>78809395
Probably by 2020 by the looks of it. I'm fairly certain that we'll get Winds within GRRM's lifetime, but Dream is a distant possibility.
>>
I haven't been in these threads since the start of season 5. Are you people still hatewatching this? Why do you hurt yourselves so?
>>
>>78809444

Silly me, meant 1200 and 1300 pages.
>>
>>78809505
Gluttons for punishment like a battered wife returning to her husband. Or maybe they're just so emotionally invested after all this time that they can't let go.
>>
File: watchit.jpg (515KB, 478x5621px) Image search: [Google]
watchit.jpg
515KB, 478x5621px
>>
File: döden2.jpg (3KB, 200x252px) Image search: [Google]
döden2.jpg
3KB, 200x252px
>>78809460
>The books are separate from the show regardless if GRRM croaks before finishing ASOIAF
when gurm dies the show will be the only ending we'll get. it's borderline hopeless desu
>>
File: 1396860011768.webm (3MB, 720x402px) Image search: [Google]
1396860011768.webm
3MB, 720x402px
>>78809521
I was the hugest ASOIAF fanboy imaginable. I lost count of the number of times I read the books. I bought the blurays for the first four seasons. When I could see it was turning to shit, I still dropped it. Why can't you?

Waifus?
>>
>>78809550
Don't remind me. I don't give a shit about ASOIAF, it's Dunk & Egg I care more about.

>>78809621
I did drop it. I'm the anon whose questioning why these threads are still up. Surprised the hell out of me.
>>
File: 1462369082489.jpg (42KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
1462369082489.jpg
42KB, 490x490px
>>78809643
>it's Dunk & Egg I care more about.
>>
>Brienne, Asha and Melisandre
What's my major fetish going by my three favourite female characters?
>>
>>78809643
>Don't remind me. I don't give a shit about ASOIAF, it's Dunk & Egg I care more about.
Lady Webber was best girl
>>
>>78809688
Neapolitan threesomes?
>>
>>78809688
domination and humiliation
>>
>>78809688
Either femdom or the opposite.
>>
Arya, Brienne, Cersei

What's my major fetish going by my three favorite female characters?
>>
>>78809756
castration
>>
How would Ned have acted in the war of the five kings if he was leading the army?
>>
>>78809787
Wrong.
>>
>>78809868
Like Robb only he would have forced Robb to marry Roslyn Frey or whoever and not let him get his dick wet in Jeyne. He also would have declared for Stannis.
>>
>>78809670
Hey, say what you want, but D&E is comfy and so far, it hasn't been raped by an adaptation.

Personally, I think the only way to effectively adapt Dunk & Egg is if you made it into an animated mini-series.

>>78809703
The Sworn Sword is probably my favorite story thus far. It really highlights how absurd feudal squabbles could be. And to be frank, I sorta wish we could get a Blackfyre Rebellion story through the eyes of all of Daemon's supporters.

>Ser Eustace cradled his wine cup in both hands. “If Daemon had ridden over Gwayne Corbray … if Fireball had not been slain on the eve of battle … if Hightower and Tarbeck and Oakheart and Butterwell had lent us their full strength instead of trying to keep one foot in each camp … if Manfred Lothston had proved true instead of treacherous . . . if storms had not delayed Lord Bracken’s sailing with the Myrish crossbowmen … if Quickfinger had not been caught with the stolen dragon’s eggs … so many ifs, ser … had any one come out differently, it could all have turned t’other way. Then we would called be the loyalists, and the red dragons would be remembered as men who fought to keep the usurper Daeron the Falseborn upon his stolen throne, and failed.”

>“Daemon, though … Daemon was no more pious than a king need be, and all the great knights of the realm gathered to him. It would suit Lord Bloodraven if their names were all forgotten, so he has forbidden us to sing of them, but I remember. Robb Reyne, Gareth the Grey, Ser Aubrey Ambrose, Lord Gormon Peake, Black Byren Flowers, Redtusk, Fireball …Bittersteel! I ask you, has there ever been such a noble company, such a roll of heroes?

You have to admit, Daemon's faction sounds pretty awesome. It's like how Rhaenyra's supporters had cool personalities like Roddy the Ruin and Addam of Hull.
>>
>>78809894
And he probably wouldn't accept king in the north and Stannis would actually want an alliance
>>
>>78809894
Walder Frey wouldn't even dare pull that shit if Ned and his daughters slipped away from King's Landing. Frey would meekly permit them through while not lending a sword.
>>
>>78809932
>Personally, I think the only way to effectively adapt Dunk & Egg is if you made it into an animated mini-series.
Now I'm sad because western animation is dead and I don't want to see an animu adaptation
>>
>>78809951
Ned knew that Stannis was the next king in line and would've sent thousands of ravens to all the Houses in Westeros. Ned's reputation for honor precedes him and a lot of nobles might be inclined to believe him.
>>
>>78809962
You think Roose would have tried to pull some shit with Ned in charge?
>>
>>78808469
Notvthat anon but no.

The flying isn't about warging, it's about avoiding falling and being impaled like the thousands of dreamers Bran saw related to the Heart of Winter where the crow tells him to fly
>>
>>78809976
I agree, I don't want to see the Japs do this. But look at DC Animated Movies. If you had that crew work on Dunk & Egg, it'd be a faithful adaptation. Animation gives you greater freedom than live-action ever could.
>>
>>78809987
Ned would never have put him in a position to do what he did with Robb.
>>
>>78810007
>Animation gives you greater freedom than live-action ever could.
Agreed and I would rather ASOIAF itself be animated that way. But the market doesn't exist in the west these days to give it the required budget.
>>
>>78810013
How would he have ordered the troops then with Tywin on one side and Jaime at Riverrun?
>>
>>78809987
Nope. Ned would keep Roose close because you NEVER let someone you don't fully trust out of your sight. Roose wouldn't have any opportunity to undermine Ned since this is not a teenage boy at the helm. Robb did not oversee his men carefully and actually believed in Roose's bullshit.

What really hinges on Bolton treachery is Ramsay. Remember, he was captured by Winterfell men by impersonating Reek. If Theon hadn't taken Winterfell, Ramsay would be stewing in its dungeons; unable to cause any harm.

Ned wouldn't be foolish to release Theon like Robb did. And it's still possible that Balon would be a stupid cunt enough to STILL attack the North while Ned is busy in the Riverlands.
>>
>>78810054
Give the second army to another commander. Maybe Karstark, for instance.
>>
>>78810029
Dude, even the highest animation budget comes nowhere near live-action budget. There's only 3 short stories for Dunk and Egg. You could easily make that into direct-to-videos that are 2 hours long. ASOIAF fans would eat it up because it's a different tone and style than what they're used to, but it's still the same Westeros.

Let's be frank, it'd be damned impossible to find actors that could pull off Dunk and Egg accurately.
>>
>>78810075
>Ned wouldn't be foolish to release Theon like Robb did. And it's still possible that Balon would be a stupid cunt enough to STILL attack the North while Ned is busy in the Riverlands.
I think Balon was definitely going to do it anyway.

>>78810116
>Dude, even the highest animation budget comes nowhere near live-action budget.
I know, and you'd get more out of it special effects wise. But the ratings are so much lower that they're even tighter with the budget. Which makes ratings lower because there's nothing but poorly animated kid's shows and anime. It's a vicious cycle.
>>
>>78809621
>Waifus?
almost all good waifus are dead/turned to shit.
>>
>>78809756
You like dickchicks (or girls who wish they had 'em)?
>>
>>78810113
I guess so.
When Roose lost his host against Tywin, was it on purpose, or did he actually lose the battle?
>>
>>78810171
Really? I haven't been following.

>>78810184
Wrong again.
>>
>>78810113
This. Ned would've entrusted his other forces to someone he can rely on like Karstark. I do wonder how Ned would've handled Rickard's sons being killed by Jaime and Karstark's wrath?
>>
>>78809688
Obviously femdom if you're talking about show versions.

If you're talking about the books, no idea because these 3 characters couldn't be any more different, fetish-wise.
Probably (maledom? femsub?) given all 3 have submissive traits, with a *.
>>
>>78810209
If you mean the opening battle with Tywin: I think he was commanding in good faith. He "lost" the battle but achieved his strategic objective of keeping Tywin busy and his own army was left mostly intact. I don't think he started playing both sides until the Frey issue came up, and didn't fully move against Robb until the sacking of Winterfell.

If you mean before he arrived at the Twins, when he lost a huge detachment at Duskendale? That was on purpose.
>>
>>78810233
>I do wonder how Ned would've handled Rickard's sons being killed by Jaime and Karstark's wrath?
Same way Robb did, but Jaime is less likely to end up being released so no need to execute Rickard
>>
>>78810211
The only 2 "ok" waifus left are Melisandre, but she's a jontard now, and Cersei, but she's batshit insane. And I assume most people just waifu cersei because they root for her to kill all the shit characters on Jon/Dany crew.
>>
>>78810256
>He "lost" the battle but achieved his strategic objective of keeping Tywin busy and his own army was left mostly intact.
That was Roose hedging his bets. He was definitely weakening other Northerners at the expense of keeping his unscathed as possible. Roose was plotting to fuck over Robb from Day 1. He was just being really subtle so that he could inflict as much harm without getting himself caught.
>>
nth for lyanna
>>
>>78810286
>and Cersei, but she's batshit insane
That's the entire appeal for Cerseifags.

Shame about Stannis and Jon and Mel
>>
>>78810171
Missandei is still my #1 waifu. Goddamn, I never realized how mulatto chicks could be so beautiful. Especially when they have a posh British accent. I would gladly be disowned to make delicious caramel babies with her.
>>
>>78810211
>>78809756

You like chicks who take their revenge seriously?
>>
>>78810256
Yeah I knew about Duskendale.
Just unsure how far back he was fucking over Robb
>>
>>78810309
Tywin's army was numerically and qualitatively superior, with a huge advantage in horse. Further, due to the orders he was given, he had no choice but to force a battle and could not choose his ground.

Bolton got basically the best possible outcome for the North in that scenario.

>>78810332
I do but that's not a fetish for me.
>>
>>78810323
you can like her character because it's interesting, or root for her because you hate everyone else, but waifu'ing a complete retard? doesn't seem right.

>>78810328
same thing here, you can think she's hot, but waifu'ing a fucking retarded bore who doesn't do anything?

waifu used to mean more than that. Cersei is a retard and Missandei is a shit character. Root for cersei and fap to missandei all you want, but if you waifu either you have quite low standards.
>>
>>78810396
>you can like her character because it's interesting, or root for her because you hate everyone else, but waifu'ing a complete retard? doesn't seem right.
She's not a retard, just batshit and arrogant. Batshit women are the best in bed. Plus there's the whole "I will protect my queenfu and reign her in" thing
>>
File: Psycho.png (2MB, 1164x1184px) Image search: [Google]
Psycho.png
2MB, 1164x1184px
Post yfw Sansa Crossbows Harald Karstark to the back of the neck
>>
>>78809787
who has arya castrated
>>
Why did Sophie turn so fucked up looking? She was cute as a kid.
>>
>>78810450
Yoren castrated Arya.

>tfw people can't read between the lines and still pretend themselves asoiaf "fans".
>>
>>78810450
she came close to doing that with Raff the pedo in Braavos
>>
you have 10 seconds to cast Daddario on GoT. Retroactive casts possible.
>>
>>78810597
Lyanna, Ashara Dayne if there is ever a flashback, Viserys' ho that taught Dany bed tricks, and lastly Asha's prosti from last season.
>>
>some ironborn cast on the show
>Warrior, 35 – 45 years old. “The character is a tough-looking bruiser with the attack skills of a pit bull, and the actor needs to be great at fighting. He has a ‘considerable’ amount of dialogue as well. It’s described as an ‘excellent part for a top-end actor.’”

Dual wielding axes confirmed?
>>
>>78810899
>Lyanna
daddario looks like a warrior-womyn type to you?
>>
When will Jaqen save Arya's useless white ass again?

According to some leaks:
>Arya will fight and try to kill the Mountain but fails
>Jaqen H'ghar save Arya by killing the mountain from behind with a long
poisonous sword
>Arya and Jaqen will work together again and kill all enemies on Arya's hitlist
>>
>>78809990
Why are you saying that to me as if my post literally just immediately it's not about warging?
>>
>>78811022
Implied* it's not about warging
>>
>>78810899
>Alexandra Daddario as Lyanna Stark

Fucking showfags will never understand that Eddard, Benjen and Lyanna are described as skinny and long-faced. Lyanna wasn't a round-faced curvy Stacy, she was a tall, skinny, long-faced tomboy just like Arya.

The Irish actress D&D cast as Lyanna is pretty accurate except for the round face.
>>
>>78810928
Nope but her scene as a pretty dying chick would have less complaints. I could maybe see her as a warrior with legit fitness training behind the scenes but this all just a question for shits and giggles. In the end they might complain about her accent. I don't know if she'd be good at it but for 10 sec that was the first thought that came to mind.
>>
>>78811333
But the round face works in this case because she looks like Maisie, the casting for ToJ Lyanna was pretty good for the show, it fit.
>>
>>78811333
Who would you cast? Anyone you had in mind when reading the book?
>>
Jonsa
>>
>>78808287
the fact that these two arent in the show is the biggest fucking disgrace
>>
>>78811333
>Fucking showfags will never understand that Eddard, Benjen and Lyanna are described as skinny and long-faced.

SPECKHART
P
E
C
K
H
A
R
T
>>
File: Capture.png (250KB, 923x651px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
250KB, 923x651px
Guys, go to /r/Freefolk!
>>
File: FfvDPh9.jpg (91KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FfvDPh9.jpg
91KB, 1080x1080px
our Maisie
>>
>>78812348
It'd pretty simbli ebin
I rate it DABID/10
>>
>>78812573
>swn dance with you
>swn do anything with you
>>
>>78812801
Good. Of all the actresses in the show, she's the most impure.
>>
>>78812348
fuck off with your retarded inspect-element bullshit you cuckwart
>>
>>78812894
Is there a better way to edit the content of a page? Like an automated script or somesuch. Be a good fag and help me make better fakes
>>
>>78813025
There is no good way to make fakes because you're always going to be found out. You'd better spend your time doing other shit.
>>
>>78813046
SANSA WILL CROSSBOW HARALD KARSTARK.

MARK MY MOTHEFUCKING WORDS.
>>
>>78813073
You're wrong, because I know for a fact that Ser Gregor Clegane will crossbow Harald Karstark using the corpse of the mindtrick queen
>>
>>78812830
She's not even the most impure Stark. Which would be her slag chav gf Sophie
>>
>>78812348
YASS QUEEN
>>
File: manlet.jpg (167KB, 535x810px) Image search: [Google]
manlet.jpg
167KB, 535x810px
>>78813226
Sophie is dating this manlet though

She has to keep her head down because otherwise she would tower over him
>>
>>78813488
If Joe is 5'7, Sophie is 5'9 and wearing heels there, how are they still almost the same height?
>>
>>78813488
>what is a beard

they're covering for each other. She muff dives Maisie, Dorner, Clarke, Yara, Missandei and some others and her "bf" is banging the guy to his left
>>
My predictions for TWOW:
>Prologue is Jeyne, Robb's widow, she is heavily pregnant, is ambushed by a bunch of bandits or something while on the road and dies. However, she ends up giving birth to six babies, paralleling the direwolf found at the start of the series
> Aegon offers Daenerys an alliance of marriage but declines, Tyrion, who is now in her company. Validates his genuineness, she accepts and he announces they get married on Dragonstone. Euron is pissed about this, Daenerys leaves the slaving cities in Selmy's care
>In the north, Mel protects Jon's body by hiding it in one of the icy, cold food storage pantries. In an act of revenge, Stannis orders her to burn the traitors alive for what they did to Jon, she does so. Jon wakes up as they all die.
>Theon Greyjoy and Stannis march to Winterfell where Ramsey Snow begins to lay claims, Stannis dies during the assault but commands Theon to avenge him, he does so and redeems himself by killing Ramsey and trapping him in the crypts
>Cersei is worried her power is slipping with the amount of support Aegon gets, despite her trial by battle going successful however it came with the loss of Robert Strong. Cersei meets with Aegon and offers him an alliance of marriage but since he is already promised to Daenerys she is displeased and Aegon has Joncon kill Tommen with a firing squad by arrows as Cersei did not bend the knee to him thinking it was a bluff. Cersei heads back to King's Landing where she locks herself in the throne room, not emerging for days.
>The wedding happens on Dragonstone, everyone is happy and jolly but Joncon becomes drunk and Arianna spurns doubt into his mind that Aegon is not really the man he claims to be and his entire life was a lie. Joncon goes berserk and begins to infect people. Before this happens Varys has promised Tyrion he will take him to where all whores go and they leave on a boat together for Essos

1/2
Rate so far
>>
Judging by picd of them together, Sophie's literally spent every single day with Joe and his band since around Christmas, including other countries and US states

Absolutely pathetic
>>
>>78813772
>Prologue is Jeyne, Robb's widow, she is heavily pregnant, is ambushed by a bunch of bandits

How many bandits, freaking 3 millions?
Jaime has thousands of men with her, and tells people to keep a close eye on her because she's (her baby) the most 'dangerous' person.

Sure, her dying is not as bad as her escaping, but still.
>>
>>78813772
>>78813862
also, heavily pregnant, what?
They have her drinking moon tea 24/7 to prevent that from happening.

They'd give her a "trip down the stairs" special.
>>
>>78813772
>Jeyne "no hips" Westerling giving birth to six living children
>Tommen allows Aegon and Dany to get married at dragonstone for some reason
>killing Ramsey redeems Theon somehow
>implying the Lannisters would be stupid enough to let Tommen near Aegon and his men
>Implying Arianne has any reason to suspect that Aegon is not real
>Varys abandons Aegon for no reason after setting up this plan since before Robert became king.
>>
>>78814042
>Jeyne "no hips" Westerling

>he doesn't know
>>
>>78813772
>However, she ends up giving birth to six babies

Stopped reading.
>>
>>78813772
Fuck you.
>>
Modern day Isaac Hempstead Wright
>>
>>78813772
>no Lannister-Frey Red Wedding
>no epic GNC Bolton betrayal conclusion
>no Euron raiding Old Town and setting off Chekov's guns one by one
>no Ironborn fleet arriving to smash the slaver feet in the Bay of Mereen
>no fucking Cleganebowl
>all that show tier faggotry

kill yourself
>>
>>78809621

How they portrayed Ygritte in the show reminds me of my ex-girlfriend. I got really depressed during those scenes. I miss her.
>>
>>78815117
Yeah I was meh about her in the books but she was a qt 3.14 in the show.

>she will never melodramatically swoon in your arms
>>
>>78815843
Shes usually cute but fucking horrifying in this picture
>>
File: crying ygritte.gif (3MB, 294x246px) Image search: [Google]
crying ygritte.gif
3MB, 294x246px
>>78815874
;_;
>>
>>78815874
Your beauty standards suck anon. She looks gorgeous is that magazine cover.
>>
>>78816188
This. They need to stop shooping out her freckles in pics
>>
>go to bed on maisie time
>wake up on ygritte time

I love you /got/
>>
>>
File: what.png (33KB, 1015x262px) Image search: [Google]
what.png
33KB, 1015x262px
>>
File: IMG_2101.jpg (3MB, 3000x4507px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2101.jpg
3MB, 3000x4507px
>>78808178
Azor Jaqen
>>
>>78817015
Theres no other point left to /got/
>>
>>78809536
>The image of show Wyman Manderly
Showfags will never know how based he was meant to be, they'll never even know his name.
>>
>>78817533
I Saw a porn video of a girl that looks almost identical to arya. it was on xvideos
>>
>>78817709
>it was on xvideos
Oh well that's helpful.
>>
>>78817748
http://www.xvideos.com

/video22204683/arya_stark
>>
>>78817498
Ned "the Honourable" Stark

>Jon, I love you like a son, raise you as one. But please do not sit near my table, would be awkward, k?
>Jon, you could be my squire or steward, but better go to the Wall to the uncle you see once every leap year. The Wall is a place of honour.
>Jon, what does it matter to walk among rapists and do no gooders, renounce your name and all, I still write you. I know you are the possible future heir, in case some thick idiot starts a war over petty affairs and gets half of the current heirs killed. I know you are the son of the previous heir and his wife, my sis, but please, for the sake of my marriage to Cat, go to the Wall and forget about all that nonsense.

fast forward to Ned in the Black Cells
>Lord Stark, announce Joffrey as the true king, he will let you take the Black and be with your bastard
> LOL, the Wall is for rapists and do no gooders, I rather die than live among those low life honourless bastards.
>Lord Stark, he is your son? Also, your brother may or may not be still alive and in dire danger-
>no honour. shit Wall, rather kill me right here.
>>
>>78817779
2 minutes in she looks more like Joffrey.
>>
>>78817902
he wanted to hide jon away because he loved him like a son and ned wouldn't admit to being a traitor until his family was threatened when he did say he conspired with stannis or whatever.. he fucking chose the wall you mong.
kys
>>
>>78818108
He didn't chose the Wall. He chose death. He only played along so Sansa and Arya would be safe. He still would never consider the Wall a good place to go. He lied to Jon.

And Ned, same as Stannis, would never accept someone that previously renounced his birth rights. They are too bureaucratic in that. Ned was a shit. It is GRRMs way to show that those that glorify themselves as honourable are often hypocrites and got the same shady sides and aspects as those that are not praised as honourable. Tywin had more honourable aspects than all Starks combined.

Ned is the anti Jaime. The reader will learn that Jaime is the man with honour and Ned the one without any. That was the basic message of their colliding storyline.
>>
>>78818279
>same as Stannis, would never accept someone that previously renounced his birth rights
But Stannis wanted to do that.
>>
>>78818331
completely different situation. Stannis wanted to use Jon as a puppet and only as a lordling. He wanted to use him to have someone that bashes sense in the Northeners so that they stop their Brexit and also someone that the wildlings listen to.

Stannis wouldn't have done it if he knew Jon was the heir to the throne. He would ignore it same as Viserys and Daenerys since Jon unknowingly renounced his rights, and he would in most eyes anyway be a bastard
>>
File: norman-reedus.jpg (923KB, 1734x2606px) Image search: [Google]
norman-reedus.jpg
923KB, 1734x2606px
pic related should've played young Ned
>>
>>78818607
>Stannis wouldn't have done it if he knew Jon was the heir to the throne.
Stannis doesn't care about the Targaryen claim. He rebelled.
>>
If you could have a lewd sloppy sex with one girl in the setting (historical or books) who would it be?
>>
>>78818842
>If you could have a lewd sloppy sex with one girl in the setting (historical or books) who would it be?
Cersei. Knowing she hates it but has to pretend it's great makes it hotter.
>>
Carrie Is Coming...

Jan. 26th, 2017 at 2:28 PM
cocteau
... back to the Jean Cocteau.

Colorado's own Carrie Vaughn, one of our favorite people, will be returning to New Mexico on Sunday for an author event at the Jean Cocteau. We'll do doing an interview and a Q&A, and Carrie will be signing copies of her new novel, MARTIANS ABROAD.
We'll also have plenty of copies of Carrie's Kitty Norville series on hand for autographing, as well as all the Wild Cards books that she has contributed to. (Her Wild Cards characters include Curveball, Earth Witch, Rikki, and Wild Fox).

The fun starts on Sunday at 1:00pm. Come join us, in you're in the vicinity of Santa Fe. And if you're not, you can still get a signed book by mailorder through the JCC website.
Current Location:Santa Fe
Current Mood: bouncy bouncy
Tags:
jean cocteau cinema, jean coc
>>
>>78818842
I'd go for Sansa currently bookwise. I'd go for someone like Arianne, Shiera Seastar, Dany or that legendary Lys courtesan, but they've all been fucked already while the implications of fucking Sansa are huge, plus having a Lady be lewd as fuck is highly erotic to me.
>>
>>78818907
Oh, I'll gladly have her eat my heirs.
Best woman to be cucked with. I wouldn't even care.
My last words, as the boar digs its tusks in my flesh and tears my cock off, would be:
>worth it
>>
Is there ANY person in this thread who thinks they will ever read A Dream of Spring by George R.R. Martin?
>>
>>78819462
I don't think we'll even get Winds.
>>
File: cersei-game-of-thrones.jpg (228KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
cersei-game-of-thrones.jpg
228KB, 612x380px
>reminder that Cersei literally did nothing wrong
>>
>>78817498
i hate how the show made house frey 100% scum
no stevron, cleos or based rosbys
>>
Jonsa
>>
>>78817533
can you picture her kissing you?
the lightest touch of her lips must be what heaven feels like
>>
File: poil6b4800.png (175KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
poil6b4800.png
175KB, 500x333px
>Book Tyrion says he'll join up with Dany as long as she lets him rape and murder Cersei
>Show Tyrion is going to say he convinced Dany to spare Cersei

Truly a saint.
>>
>>78819642
>saves the city by stockpiling wildfire bc she knows Stannis will eventually attack
>doesn't moan about when no one gives her credit
>>
I think we'll get winds and it may well be the largest book yet but will leave a lot of cliffhangers. It will feel like even more of an eternal wait for Dream and that is more of a hope a wish to even have a chapter written before he croaks. I don't wish him ill, but he doesn't seem to be taking care of himself and he still has a ways to go in writing winds. What I wish never existed and was set on fire to rhollor is every idea, every page of every book he has written that isn't at least asoiaf related.
>>
>>78819644
I think the Walder/Roose scene in 3x10 did give them a grey shade in how it explained Walders motives and showed how hostile Hoster was to him and how blindly the younger Tullys just followed the prejudices and were pretty much racists to the Freys without knowing why exactl they hate them.
>>
>>78819642
i mean how hard would it have been to just let the king knock you up a few times
>>
Reminder that jonerys and only jonerys, is canon
>>
>>78819735
I can only feel her beard tickling my nose
>>
>>78819878
eh, hoster treated him exactly like he deserved to be treated, that's just walder being salty, not really adding another dimension to his motives
im talking more about how they removed every frey that could be construed as good and made the rest mustache-twirling villains
>>
>>78818693
"Hay, Arthar dayine. Imma gonna goddamn kill yo mudafakin ass if yo dont back awff an let sayve my sista. Ain't no Kingsgaurd dat can stoop meee"
>>
>>78819993
Hoster was a dick because he wanted more money and power, married off his young kids to old rapists (Lysa and Jon) and rebelled against a huge army.
Walder had his senses and was smart. He thought what was best in a pragmatic and lawful way. he remained more or less allied to the crown because he didn't want to die for some hot headed lords and their fantasies of power and glory.

Walder Frey was the Ned of that time. He accepted the true king even if he was an idiot, but by law he was the king. And for breaking the chain of command in disobeying his overlord, but obeying his king, he is somehow the vicious traitor? top kek
>>
>>78820271
>he wanted more money and power
he wanted the riverlands to not be surrounded by potential enemies on all sides
also money and power are literally walder's only motivations, so i don't know where you're going with that
>married off his young kids to old rapists
can't rape your wife. and that was doing Lysa a favour anyway, her reputation was stained, most of her value as a wife was gone since her virginity was gone and she already had an abortion, it was a far better match than she could hope for at that point.
>hot headed lords
m8 they were overthrowing a dynasty of insane inbreds, also Aerys literally wanted them dead before they even rebelled
this isn't like ned and robert as king where the only stupid shit robert does is spend too much on tourneys, this is a 100% mad and unpredictable king
When your bannerman shows up purposely late to a battle to join whatever side won, you have every right to treat them like shit. Walder had zero integrity/loyalty in this situation, unlike the rest of the riverlords who either joined the crown or joined their liege lord
>>
Jonerys
>>
>>78819894

He knocked her up once and the baby died.
>>
>>78821701
yeah, she had it aborted
>>
>>78819282

This is a surprisingly well thought out answer, popping that redheaded beauty's lemon cake would be a far more raw thrill than fucking Shiera or Arianne.
>>
File: sansa.jpg (57KB, 538x700px) Image search: [Google]
sansa.jpg
57KB, 538x700px
>>78821782
>ywn be the knight in shining armor she has always dreamed of
>>
>>78808178
Open coat for me please
>>
>>78821744

Are you sure? It got sick, it wasn't aborted.
>>
>>78821857

God, why is Book Sansa so much hotter than show Sansa?

And we know Sansa doesn't want a shining knight, she would've been wet for Sandor if he took more than a song.
>>
>>78821870
only on the show, showfriendo.
in the books she aborts it, mostly because she was butthurt about robert calling her lyanna.
>>
>>78821870
>"Your Robert got me with child once," she said, her voice thick with contempt. "My brother found a woman to cleanse me."
>>
>>78821857
>the knight she's always dreamed of is a woman
>the knight she thinks about all the time is abusive, steals from the commonfolk, is a cold blooded killer and put a knife to her throat
>the previous knight of her dreams was a drunk only saving her for money

Bravo George
>>
>>78818279
the deal was: admit you're a traitor and you get to take the black and not that he would be executed. or do you mean that ned would preform hara kiri on the way up north?
>>
>>78821957

And now she's going to marry a knight of the Vale!
>>
>>78822173
A knight with two bastards. Lol
>>
>>78822219

He's a virile Chad and heir to the Vale, he's perfect for Sansa!
>>
>>78821901
tully genes are pretty top-tier in terms of aesthetics in the books
>>
>>78822355

Who have the greatest genes for aesthetic in the world?

Targaryen = Dayne > Lannister > Baratheon > Tully > Tyrell > Stark > Greyjoy > Frey?
>>
>>78822318
>He's a virile Chad
did you real the twow chapter?
he's a huge faggot like Aegon.
>>
>>78822513
Stark is best, because long faced brunettes are my favorites.
>>
>>78822513
>Tully Stark
>rank 5 and 7
>2 of the 3 female starks we hear most in the story are particularly beautiful, and the 3rd one we can't know for sure because the only ones who call her ugly is her cunt sister (who also think beauty is about being ladylike) and her retarded friend.
>>
>>78822685

I was going for historical as well as in the series! When's the last time we've heard of an ugly Lannister, or an ugly Baratheon?
>>
>>78822318
She's getting the bad parts of her families.

Betrothed to a chad (Catelyn) who already has bastards (Lyanna).

I'll laugh my ass off if Harry keeps fucking other chicks on the side, my sides will be in outer space if he brings her his bastards to raise and dotes on them
>>
>>78822513
Dayne>Tully>Baratheon>Tyrell>Greyjoy>Targ>Lannister>Stark>Frey

As a note of explanation I'm not into blondes and I thought Asha and Theon were supposed to be relatively attractive in the books.
>>
>>78822775
>When's the last time we've heard of an ugly Lannister
ADWD, Kevan?
Or AFFC (genna) if you're talking only females?
>>
>>78822799
Let's be real, Brandon probably had bastards too.

>>78822856
>and I thought Asha and Theon were supposed to be relatively attractive in the books.
Yeah, they were. Theon was a pretty boy and Asha was pretty girl next door tier made super sexy by her demeanor.
>>
>>78822871
Kevan and Genna are old. Genna at least was a looker in her youth before she got fat.
>>
>>78822898
>Brandon probably had bastards too.

Nah, Ned would've heard about them and Lady Dustin wouldn't remember him so fondly
>>
>>78822951
Death polishes a halo.
>>
>>78822966

Unless you're Ned.
>>
>>78822966
Death didn't polish Ned's in Dustin's eyes.

She was pissed about Cat I believe, she'd be pissed at the chicks who had Brandon's bastards
>>
>page "insert page number here"

Bump
>>
File: Nikolaj_Coster-Waldau_7.jpg (79KB, 750x594px) Image search: [Google]
Nikolaj_Coster-Waldau_7.jpg
79KB, 750x594px
>>78822513
>Targaryen first
Stopped reading there.

Lannister > power gap > Tyrell > Stark > Baratheon > the rest > Targaryen.
>>
>>78824132
Even Cersei said Rhaegar made Jaime look like a little boy.

Targaryen > power gap > another power gap > who cares
>>
>>78818842
shireen
>>
>>78822856
purple eyes are a meme
tully > all
>>
File: really makes you think.png (2KB, 271x32px) Image search: [Google]
really makes you think.png
2KB, 271x32px
>>78824481
>>
>>78813772
3/10
This is basically what I expected DnD to do, but it turns out they were bigger hacks than we all though.
>>
>>78814205
That Gurm already confirmed it was a mistake and new editions of the book fix it?
>>
File: Lyanna Stark_Kaya Scodelario.jpg (155KB, 1024x979px) Image search: [Google]
Lyanna Stark_Kaya Scodelario.jpg
155KB, 1024x979px
>>78811333
>Fucking showfags will never understand that Eddard, Benjen and Lyanna are described as skinny and long-faced.

I'm a bookfag but that's irrelevant.

An tv adaption ought to use attractive actors unless the character is specifically ugly as a part of the plot, because tv is a visual medium and nobody wants to look at some ugly broad *coughCatelyncough* for episode after episode, when their stated appearance doesn’t affect the story.

Book Tywin for example, is written as bald with mutton chop sideburns but that doesn’t mean that TV Tywin must look like that also of the story is “ruined”.
>>
>>78824132
According to GRRM himself:

>Aestatics:

Targaryen=Dayne=Velaryon=Blackfyre>Lannister>Tyrell>Baratheon>Martell>Stark>>>>Frey

>Health

Baratheon>Greyjoy>Stark>Lannister>Martell>Tyrell>>>Arryn>>>>>>>>Targaryen=Blackfyre
>>
File: Lyn Corbray-Jared Leto.jpg (173KB, 1058x1586px) Image search: [Google]
Lyn Corbray-Jared Leto.jpg
173KB, 1058x1586px
>>78826266
>>
>>78826266
Charles Dance is the third best cast in the show, after Sean Bean as Ned Stark and Allfie Allen as Theon Greyjoy
>>
File: Moqorro-Peter Mensah.jpg (220KB, 1200x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Moqorro-Peter Mensah.jpg
220KB, 1200x1800px
>>78826304
>>
File: Penny.jpg (414KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Penny.jpg
414KB, 1200x800px
>>78826451
>>
File: Rolly Duckfield-Travis Fimmel.jpg (73KB, 500x639px) Image search: [Google]
Rolly Duckfield-Travis Fimmel.jpg
73KB, 500x639px
>>78826541
>>
File: Septa Lemore-Eva Green.jpg (78KB, 630x563px) Image search: [Google]
Septa Lemore-Eva Green.jpg
78KB, 630x563px
>>78826586
>>
File: patrick-stewart1.jpg (243KB, 1298x988px) Image search: [Google]
patrick-stewart1.jpg
243KB, 1298x988px
>>78826266
Jon Arryn
>>
File: Septon Meribald-Ian McKellen.jpg (64KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
Septon Meribald-Ian McKellen.jpg
64KB, 640x853px
>>78826617
>>
Why does GRRM not understand the concept of scale?
>>
File: Jon Connington-Kevin McKidd.jpg (162KB, 791x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Jon Connington-Kevin McKidd.jpg
162KB, 791x1024px
>>78826635
>>
>>78826649
He has no real life experience.

Look at the Eyrie, the Wall, the size and travel time of Westeros, the population there.

It's like a virgin writing about sex when at best he's only seen videos
>>
File: Areo Hotah-Mariusz Pudzianowski.jpg (248KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Areo Hotah-Mariusz Pudzianowski.jpg
248KB, 1280x960px
>>78826795
>>
>>78826649
>>78826804
He's a lot better at writing sci fi than fantasy. He thought "oh everything in fantasy is huge and fantastical" and he underestimated how much realism there is in good fantasy. I think he's learned some lessons though. He did say he regrets the size of the Wall.
>>
File: hawaii.jpg (368KB, 1238x929px) Image search: [Google]
hawaii.jpg
368KB, 1238x929px
>>78826804
>Look at the Eyrie, the Wall, the size and travel time of Westeros, the population there.

Some are valid complaints (travel times in Westeros) but there's nothing unbelievable about Casterly Rock, a geologic formation like that is perfectly possible.
>>
File: Arianne Martell_Olga Kurylenko.jpg (230KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Arianne Martell_Olga Kurylenko.jpg
230KB, 1920x1200px
>>78826823
>>
File: Aerys The Mad_Gary Oldman.jpg (660KB, 1400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Aerys The Mad_Gary Oldman.jpg
660KB, 1400x1000px
>>78826963
>>
>>78826795
Good one
>>
File: Balon-Lars Mikkelsen.jpg (31KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
Balon-Lars Mikkelsen.jpg
31KB, 620x349px
>>78827087
>>
>>78826942
The entire mountain being a carved out castle and mine is
>>
File: Euron-Mads Mikkelsen.jpg (2MB, 1530x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Euron-Mads Mikkelsen.jpg
2MB, 1530x2048px
>>78827355
>>
File: 1066-1245357118u0n0.jpg (337KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1066-1245357118u0n0.jpg
337KB, 1280x853px
>>78827365

The “entire” mountain isn’t carved out but there are rooms and passages throughout Casterly Rock, which isn't unbelievable.
>>
>>78827365
If you accept it's been in use for thousands of years then they've had the time.
>>
File: Chataya_Skin Diamond.jpg (193KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Chataya_Skin Diamond.jpg
193KB, 1200x800px
>>78827392
>>
Daily reminder that humanity and the majority of animal and plant life could never survive a 5 year winter.
>>
File: Hoster Tully_Brendan Gleeson.jpg (72KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
Hoster Tully_Brendan Gleeson.jpg
72KB, 1280x544px
>>78827537
>>
>>78826323
Alfie may be a grandios actor and nice guy, but Theon is the hearththrob of Winterfell. He is considered especially easy on the eyes.

Alfie just isn't.
The uggoed him up in the show, too. he looks like a filthy meth addict that sucks cock for drugs, not someone that basically gets paid by the whores to get a taste of his cock
>>
File: Howland Reed-Gustaf Skarsgård.jpg (611KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Howland Reed-Gustaf Skarsgård.jpg
611KB, 1600x1066px
>>78827638
>>
File: ded.jpg (159KB, 900x625px) Image search: [Google]
ded.jpg
159KB, 900x625px
>>78827638
>we only get to see his corpse in the show
why are D&D so cheap?
>>
>Book Cat gives an impassioned speech for peace
>cut

>Book Ellaria gives an impassioned speech decrying vengeance
>Character turned 180 degrees into vengeance obsessed mad woman

Why did D&D decide to cut out completely Martin's entire theme of the series?
>>
File: 1483543446176.jpg (14KB, 195x195px) Image search: [Google]
1483543446176.jpg
14KB, 195x195px
>>78827575
Daily reminder this is fantasy and nature doesn't have to adhere to our own laws...in fantasy. Daily reminder that this is a sign of autism if you complain about it.
>>
>>78826649
do you have any idea how fucking autistic this complaint is?
>>
>>78827812
>>78827836
hory shet and i didnt even samefag this time
>>
>>78827471
Who the fuck would bother doing that realistically?

You could build Harrenhal 10 times over
>>
File: Haldon Halfmaester-Jeremy Irons.jpg (79KB, 800x1171px) Image search: [Google]
Haldon Halfmaester-Jeremy Irons.jpg
79KB, 800x1171px
>>78827665
>>
File: Undara-Lava-Tubes-7.jpg (500KB, 1280x857px) Image search: [Google]
Undara-Lava-Tubes-7.jpg
500KB, 1280x857px
>>78827901
>You could build Harrenhal 10 times over

Casterly Rock may be volcanic in nature and could have various lava tubes running thru it, that have been worked on and expanded over the years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lava_tube
>>
>decide to check freefolk to see if any new "leaks" had been posted

>see this post

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/5qe3q1/why_does_jon_have_to_be_legitimate/

>read overload of jonfaggotry in the comments

never again
>>
>>78827812
>>78827836
>series brags about its realism
>As soon as you point out anything revert to "i-i-i-it's just fantasy bro!"
>>
>>78827911
>>
File: Mance Rayder-James Purefoy.jpg (180KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
Mance Rayder-James Purefoy.jpg
180KB, 1440x900px
>>78828061
>>
File: 1463222916776.jpg (75KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1463222916776.jpg
75KB, 640x640px
>>78811333
so Ozge?
>>
>>78828061
bit fat for a woman from bear island, dont you think?
>>
>>78828005
There is nothing suggesting it's volcanic. It's a mountain and they mined it
>>
>>78828094
no more like Bridget Regan, is the age were more appropriate.

I still hate the fact that everything started because of fucking tweens
>>
File: Sybell Spicer-Lucy Lawless.jpg (39KB, 417x600px) Image search: [Google]
Sybell Spicer-Lucy Lawless.jpg
39KB, 417x600px
>>78828085
>>
File: Young Ned.jpg (294KB, 876x513px) Image search: [Google]
Young Ned.jpg
294KB, 876x513px
undisputed young ned
>>
>>78828219
too handsome imo
>>78828152
looks a bit old, wasn't lyanna meant to be like 15?
>>
>>78828241
He looks like sean bean mate.

compared to that actor who we all thought to be reed
>>
File: Brandon Stark-Travis Fimmel.png (537KB, 500x569px) Image search: [Google]
Brandon Stark-Travis Fimmel.png
537KB, 500x569px
>>78828162
>>
File: C_Faramir_02.jpg (30KB, 600x240px) Image search: [Google]
C_Faramir_02.jpg
30KB, 600x240px
>>78828333
>Brandon Stark
>not farmir

you fucked up mate
>>
>>78828333
fuck no
>>
File: xavier-samuel.jpg (32KB, 640x337px) Image search: [Google]
xavier-samuel.jpg
32KB, 640x337px
>Rhaegar
>>
File: Catelyn Tully_Bella Thorne.jpg (93KB, 612x612px) Image search: [Google]
Catelyn Tully_Bella Thorne.jpg
93KB, 612x612px
>>78828333
>>
>>78828407
delete this
>>
File: Catelyn Stark-Jennifer Ehle.jpg (139KB, 661x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Catelyn Stark-Jennifer Ehle.jpg
139KB, 661x1000px
>>78828407
>>
>>78828398
this could work, he looks like dany and viserys wtf
>>
>>78828407
catelyn is pure, this is not
>>
File: darkstar.jpg (54KB, 558x744px) Image search: [Google]
darkstar.jpg
54KB, 558x744px
>>78828447

And I'm done
>>
>>78827775
Because Jews love war, violence and blood
>>
>>78817116
That fortress would be so easy to besiege it wouldn't be funny.

Literally one way in or out, you could destroy that bridge and then post about 100 men there and just wait for them to starve.

Why are fantasy writers so retarded?
>>
File: bewwy angwy.jpg (90KB, 957x621px) Image search: [Google]
bewwy angwy.jpg
90KB, 957x621px
>>78828407
>>78828447
>brown eyes
>>
>>78828521
how would you destroy the bridge though?
>>
>>78828575
Wildfire
>>
>>78828521
don't blame grrm for that one, D&D changed the eyrie up a lot
>>
>>78828602
and how would you throw the wildfire anon?
>>
>>78828521
google "pays cathare" and see all the french castles build in a manner similar to how GRRM describes the Eyrie or Casterly Rock. Those castles survived countless sieges with no way in or out for additional supplies. Sometimes smuggler tunnels, but that's it.
>>
>>78828629
Who said anything about throwing it?

Set it and forget it under cover of night
>>
File: 1450533792657.gif (375KB, 400x211px) Image search: [Google]
1450533792657.gif
375KB, 400x211px
>>78817596
I'm still mad.

Even worse (the picture doesn't depict it), they gave his Rat King role to FUCKING ARYA.
>>
>>78818279
Wrong man, they told him he could go to the Wall if he confessed to all wrongdoings. He did that, (and they knew he'd actually go to the Wall if he swore to cause Ned Stark), but then Joff killed him because Littlefinger whispered the idea of showing power into his ear.
>>
>>78829006
when you play the game of memes, you either win or you get your role handed off to characters the normies memed harder than you.
>>
>>78829057
wew LF really was a salty cuck huh
>>
>>78809621
Mostly because I hate myself for what I can't have.
>>
>>78819642
>kinslaying is't the worst thing you could possibly do
lol, alright m8
>>
>>78827537
oh god I would've been sooooo up for this
>>
>>78828030
Because there being magic winters doesnt just autistically make every other aspect of the universe "less" real. You can still have an attention to realism while adhering to the laws of your fantasy. Otherwise you aren't asking for it to be a fantasy you fucking clod.
>>
File: HPgCAB1.jpg (202KB, 1320x898px) Image search: [Google]
HPgCAB1.jpg
202KB, 1320x898px
>>78828521
>stood with a garrison for hundreds of years
>sieged dozens of times
>rarely ever conquered
>"LULZ WHY FANTASY WRITERS SO DUM DUM? TEEHEE"
>>
>>78826649
What? There's nothing wrong with that...
Casterly Rock is built atop a mountain/hill.

That's like building a 12 feets high house on Mt.Everest and claiming it's 25,012 feet tall.
>>
>>78829463
>Because there being magic winters doesnt just autistically make every other aspect of the universe "less" real.
Yes it does. If you portray a completely normal human society and completely normal wildlife, and yet then casually say they regularly go through winters that last years with nothing more than a few vague references to stockpiling food, you're a shit writer. Why even fucking make up something like irregular extended seasons if you don't at all explore the impact it would have on a human society instead of just inserting a cheap copy of medieval Europe?
>>
>>78827537
My mind says "Wait, Chataya? Why not Alayaya?"

But my dick says HNGGGG make it happen

She's my black pornfu.
>>
>>78827911
that's not how I pictured him AT ALL.
maybe I pictured him wrong tho desu
>>
File: B9Dmzu2.jpg (543KB, 1000x1506px) Image search: [Google]
B9Dmzu2.jpg
543KB, 1000x1506px
>>78829620
Your example is absolutely nothing like what's on the show.
>>
>>78829678
Are you just retarded? It's magic...these long seasons are not even honestly natural in Westeros. Your complaint is that a realistic fantasy has magical elements in it. Do you not understand how fucking stupid that sounds? The books explore the seasons a bit but obviously, if you follow subtext at all, this is going to be explained or explored as a supernatural occurrence. To complain that your realistic fantasy has fantasy elements makes you autistic. This isn't historical fiction
>>
>>78828373
what? Faramir would be ok for eddard/benjen

He doesn't look like the berzerker brute Brandon would be.

You see him going to KL and screaming off his lungs for Rhaegar to come out so he can shove his sword through his faggot ass?
>>
File: XLO2BMw.jpg (731KB, 3150x2070px) Image search: [Google]
XLO2BMw.jpg
731KB, 3150x2070px
>>78829749
Fine then, autist. Plenty of others. Literally a dozen castles isolated on mountains like that, literally dozens of isolated fortresses were made
>>
>>78829749
Are you dumb? This picture is not of the same castle you are responding to
>>
>>78829757
>Are you just retarded? It's magic
You worthless troll this is that last post you get. I am not complaining that a magical element like random seasons is in the series. I am complaining that such a world defining phenomenon has near zero effect on the world besides "oh yeah the people in the very far north send their old out to die like Eskimos."

The entire fucking point of fantasy is to imagine something crazy like winters that last years and then imagine what kind of world would emerge from that. Instead they depict a bog standard psedu Medieval Europe.
>>
File: 1484419762295.jpg (11KB, 256x243px) Image search: [Google]
1484419762295.jpg
11KB, 256x243px
>>78829862
>you are a troll
Not an argument
>the winters have no effect on society
In the show? Idk, winter just started. Books? No, you are just being dumb
>the fantasy winters are not depicted how I want, therefore it is less realistic
You have to be absolutely autistic, bud
>>
File: yemenpalace.png (1MB, 1021x704px) Image search: [Google]
yemenpalace.png
1MB, 1021x704px
>>78829811
Yet again not at all the completely isolated location you're complaining.

>>78829834
And here we have people just flat out lying and expecting not to be called on it. Never mind, I'm done for the night.
>>
>>78829659

The mountain IS Casterly Rock, it's a solid block of gold ore and the Lannisters are still digging greedily into it.
>>
File: oOv88fC.jpg (201KB, 957x637px) Image search: [Google]
oOv88fC.jpg
201KB, 957x637px
>>78829940
Oh look, another castle on a mountain.
>i-it doesnt count!!! REEEE
>>
File: 300px-Chateau_de_Peyrelade_2.jpg (22KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
300px-Chateau_de_Peyrelade_2.jpg
22KB, 300x225px
>>78829940
>not isolated
I am convinced you are dumb
>>
File: ariennepeyrepertusee001.jpg (689KB, 931x611px) Image search: [Google]
ariennepeyrepertusee001.jpg
689KB, 931x611px
>>78828731
>>78829749
What about this one?
>>
>>78827901

The World of Ice and Fire described it quite reasonably; miners would follow a gold vein, and these hollowed places were smoothed and made habitable.

It's Dwarf Fortress 101. The miners did all the work for you.
>>
File: birdeyes.png (2MB, 1430x632px) Image search: [Google]
birdeyes.png
2MB, 1430x632px
>>78830052
Just keep posting misleading images. Again >>78829749 not one single narrow path that leads to it like the show.

>>78830057
And AGAIN not a single narrow path.

But I am not going to respond to every single one of you liars. THIS IS BULLSHIT. >>78817116
>>
>>78829940
My picture wasnt yemen palace you tard
>>
>>78830188
>thinks this top down picture that doesnt show height, depth or size is an argument
How are people this dumb? Do you really believe there are no castles built on mountains in high altitude? We have shown you a bunch, Peyrelade has a thin bridge that leads to the main keep....and the whole fucking thing is on a cliffside
>>
>>78821957
>the Hound will never settle down with Sansa
>Sansa will never give him many young pups
>the Hound will never be just a farmer and woodsman, having put his life as a soldier and butcher behind him
>the Hound will never find peace and respite
>he will never be Sansa's knight
>>
File: R4lN89N.jpg (648KB, 2992x1684px) Image search: [Google]
R4lN89N.jpg
648KB, 2992x1684px
>>78830188
>show me one with a narrow path
Ok, here is one with explicitly that

You done yet?
>>
>>78830323
ah well still a better ship than jonsa
>>
>>78829678
ok I called you an autist earlier but agree i with this criticism actually. the years long seasons in ASOIAF are truly pointless because grrm does absolutely nothing with the concept. Its a pretty 'normal' medieval society and the seasons impact nothing. Its not about the scientific logistics is about setting something like this up in a fantasy world and then going absolutely nowhere with it.
>>
File: The-Hill-of-the-Slain.jpg (94KB, 750x562px) Image search: [Google]
The-Hill-of-the-Slain.jpg
94KB, 750x562px
>>78830344
I'm done with you all, yes. Your bullshit is too much for me. Castle built on elevated position=one narrow pass is a lie I'm getting tired of refuting so enjoy yourself.
>>
>All this shitposting
>Even though the fact that the Eyrie can be isolated easily is explicitly mentioned as a vulnerability in the books
>And the show version can be ignored anyway since it was massively retconned between Season 1 and 4 anyway to some weird merger between the book Erie and Bloody Gate
>>
how about we drop the castle autism in this thread and start anew?

NEW >>78830607
NEW >>78830607
NEW >>78830607
>>
>>78830482
I dont know why you keep posting these aerial shots just so you cant see where the castles are situated. You have to be a troll.
>>
>>78830482
>castle built on elevated position=one narrow pass is a lie
Pick related is literally known for its narrow pathways up the fucking hill.
>>
>>78829678
>>78830413
To say he does nothing with the concept is wrong, the long winter clearly affected the culture of Westeros and people are afraid of something like that happening again. From a realistic standpoint yeah, it makes little sense that you'd have such a huge, population of humans (much less animals) after all of that, but he often gets "little" things wrong because he needs the plot to move forward. It's a fuck up but you have to be willing to forgive some errors.

After all a recurring element in the books is that the average person doesn't give a shit about the larger picture and will just keep moving on and put little thought into the past (or impending future) no matter how dire it was/will be.

Besides, from where we start off in the books the seasons had been mild for a very long time so, in keeping with the point above, people wouldn't sit around thinking about it.

It should also be noted that Europe did bounce back relatively quickly after the Black Death which also took a massive human toll so maybe was awkwardly trying to refer to that.
>>
>>78830482
>Castle built on elevated position=one narrow pass is a lie
>>
>>78830379
SandorxSansa and SandorxArya are both better ships than Jonsa. JamiexBrienne is a better ship than Jonsa. BronnxCersei is a better ship. Fuck, MountainxCersei is a better ship actually its the only patrician ship after SandorxAryaxSansa
>>
>>78809932
Graeme Malcolms narration of that scene was the best.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSxG7fRnUEw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O00GgwLk-DI
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 77

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.