[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Jedi" is a stupid, meaningless, limp-wristed label

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

"Jedi" is a stupid, meaningless, limp-wristed label to give superpowered interstellar warriors.

I would've called them something with more gravitas, like Star Rangers or Galactic Guardians
>>
Order 66
>>
> like Star Rangers or Galactic Guardians

I'm glad you're not a writer for anything that matters.
>>
>>64750616
What about Jedi Bendu. Jedi is the perfect term its intrigue if and has airs of oriental mysticism or martial arts.
>>
File: l.jpg (60KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
l.jpg
60KB, 400x400px
Sounds good senpai
>>
>>64750598
How about Gravitas Knights?
Does that have enough gravitas for you, fucker?
>>
>>64750598
What about "Bene Gesserit"?
>>
>>64750598
They should be called Gardians of the Galaxy ;^)
>>
Being a Jedi has nothing to do with being a warrior you fucking casual. Jedi's are a religious sect that follows the light side of the force while the Sith follows the dark side.
>>
>>64751576
First four things we learn about Jedi

1, They call themselves Jedi Knights
2, The fought in something called the Clone Wars
3, Luke's father was a 'cunning warrior'
4, They carry laser swords.

They're not monks, they're samurai.
>>
>>64751758

If you want to stick to the order the films came out then sure. But if you want to actually follow the accepted lore than you're wrong.
>>
>>64751881
>follow the accepted lore
I don't pay attention to EU shit.
>>
>>64750598

Star Wars: Guardians of the Galaxy: The Jedi Return
>>
>>64751758
star samurai sounds pretty good.. they could dress in all black and have 'SS' badges.
>>
>>64750598
Which shows why your not exactly creating the next star wars. Jedi is one of the most recognizable 'labels' ever, pretty much everyone knows where it comes from. Star Rangers and Galactic Guardians have been used in one form or another to death. Unique labels is what sticks.
>>
>>64751881
>If you want to stick to the order the films came out then sure.
You mean the way this stuff was actually developed?
>But if you want to actually follow the accepted lore than you're wrong.
You mean the inconsistent stuff they made up later?
>>
>>64750677
>defending a franchise in which the main protagonist for a whole movie was unironically named General Grievous

>b-but muh intimdatins
>>
>>64751758
I would say they are a mix of both. They take many elements from monk-style religions while mainting codes and swordsmanship of Samurai. Especially in their religious code as each jedi follows their own path in life, similar to a monk. Samurai served lords.
>>
>>64751296
Seriously, for all the mysticism/power supposedly contained by their order, I didnt give a fuck about them because the name just so stupid.
>>
>>64752287
>doesn't know the difference between antagonist and protagonist
>tries to discuss movies
kek
>>
>>64752316
So they're like Shaolin Monks
>>
File: 786902_1311836465338_full~01.jpg (20KB, 304x380px) Image search: [Google]
786902_1311836465338_full~01.jpg
20KB, 304x380px
>>64752369
You mean IRS agents.
>>
>>64752369
I wouldn't be surprised if George just made a PBnJ outta Shaolins and Samurai to = jedi
>>
>>64750598
>Star Rangers or Galactic Guardians
That's fucking gay
>>
>>64750830
>Does that have enough gravitas for you, fucker?

Good name for an ROU.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.