[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>boo hoo I made millions of dollars

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: images (16).jpg (20KB, 511x288px) Image search: [Google]
images (16).jpg
20KB, 511x288px
>boo hoo I made millions of dollars
>>
>>64728566
this was a patrician's movie
>>
yet another edition to the list of movies women will never understand
>>
>>64728720
My gf saw a screening of it a couple months ago and love it though. Haven't seen it yet myself.
>>
>>64728775
I saw it with my long-distance girlfriend when I went back to visit her. We both enjoyed it.
>>
>>64728720
saw it with my wife and her daughter and they both enjoyed it
>>
>>64728720
>edition to the list
>>
should i be investing in water guys
>>
>>64729500
Lol GOD what a stupid fucking movie
>>
>>64728655
The only patrician parts where scenes with Bale. Rest of the main characters were on a scale from meh to cringe.

Not to mention fucking Selena Gomez and her godawful metaphor for CDOs. Whoever wrote that shit should be banned from the industry forever.
>>
File: 1355030154601.jpg (98KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1355030154601.jpg
98KB, 300x300px
>it's capitalism's fault the federal reserve printed trillions of dollars and gave it to us to gamble with and basically forced us to make extremely risky loans

ya ok
what a shit movie
>>
>>64730021
more like its capitalism's fault for banker's greed
>>
>>64729890
Which industry? Finance or film-making?

Also, I haven't seen it yet, but the trailers made it look like the guys were really sticking it to the banks for the little guy! But...they're hedge fund managers...by definition, making money for wealthy, sophisticated investors. It's not like they went and paid off a bunch of mortgages to keep them from getting foreclosed, they just made a bunch of money by seeing something other people didn't see or chose to ignore. Is that what it's like, or does the film make it clear that these guys were basically just making money for themselves and other rich people?
>>
>>64730120
alllrriigghht
way to completely ignore everything I said and instead repeat liberal talking points
>>
>>64728720
You're a focking dumbass
>>
>>64730129
The people in the picture don't work together in the movie. They represent 4 different teams and i wouldn't call any of their motives altruistic
>>
>>64728775
how's her foot game?
>>
>>64728655
Literally red pill for plebs: the movie
>>
How much did each of them make at the end of the film? Gosling got like 58 million, right? American Psycho made 458% (I think) the initial liquidity of like...1.3 Billion? The two guys made 80? Did Carrell make anything?
>>
>>64730618
Carrell made like a billion.

I liked his character the most actually.
>>
File: Finn_Wittrock_1.jpg (1MB, 1067x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Finn_Wittrock_1.jpg
1MB, 1067x1600px
did anybody notice this guy's massive fucking package??
>>
>>64730618
Carrell's firm made just over a billion.
>>
>>64730618

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Burry

Though he suffered an investor revolt before his predictions came true, Burry earned a personal profit of $100 million and a profit for his remaining investors of more than $700 million.[3] Scion Capital ultimately recorded returns of 489.34 percent (net of fees and expenses) between its November 1, 2000 inception and June 2008. The S&P 500 returned just over two percent over the same period.
>>
I do not like how the movie almost completely glossed over the politicians that had a hand in the problem.

It was governments that were putting pressure on the banks to supply loans to "immigrants and lower income individuals" for home ownership, under threat of cutting off support. This caused an influx of risky loans to people who could never have possibly paid them back on paper, and would be ill-prepared to handle any sharp increases in interest rate - forcing them to default.

Then when the shit hit the fan, it was the White House that bailed out the banks THAT SUPPORTED THE DEMOCRATS ONLY - all of which used that bailout cash to give their own executives massive bonuses for nothing.

In hindsight, no matter the cost - it would have been wiser to allow the system to collapse. Because we did not, the politicians went free and the housing bubble is already showing signs of a return.

Also, nobody makes more money these days than Hollywood. Them making a movie about the "horrors of evils of wall street" as they sit in their Hollywood mansions outsourcing special effects work to Korea can kiss my ass.
>>
>>64731119
>Also, nobody makes more money these days than Hollywood.

I am gonna go ahead and call bullshit on that and ask you for a source. There's probably a single HFT firm making more money than all of Hollywood combined ...
>>
watching it right now, pretty exciting
>>
>>64731119
Here's the thing though: while many poor people did default, most of the defaults actually came from speculators who we're renting out tons of homes without the capital to deal with the ARM rate rises. Remember that guy in the movie whose landlord wasn't paying the mortgage despite the guy paying his rent? There were tons of landlords just like that. The myth that it was mostly poor people is what the banks came up with so they could blame the big bad government instead of accepting responsibility.
>>
>>64730129
They do mention that these people aren't really heroes, especially with Gosling. Carrell wanted to be a hero but wasn't really able to.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.