[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So you're racist if you want a movie to follow the sour

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 9

File: 464646.jpg (170KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
464646.jpg
170KB, 1024x768px
So you're racist if you want a movie to follow the source material.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/08/akiva-goldsman-calls-idris-elba-the-best-guy-for-the-dark-tower?utm_source=IGN%20hub%20page&utm_medium=IGN%20(front%20page)&utm_content=22&utm_campaign=Blogroll
Normally I wouldn't care but a large part of some of the conflicts in the novel involve race and I think the movie will suffer narrativly because of it.
What's /tv/'s take on it?
>>
>Akiva Goldsman

Of course a kike would insist that the race of a character doesn't matter.
>>
Why does the CURRENT YEAR narrative have to corrupt everything to fit it's agenda. Why can't they leave anything alone?
>>
Exactly as you said, the common complaint is "does it matter if [race] of character is switched? stop bitching" when someone comments of race-switching, well this is one where a poignant aspect of that character in the narrative is lost in switching the race.
>>
The Dark Tower was garbage anyway. The moment I became a man was when I realized that Stephen King sucks, and that was right around wolves of the calla when the bitch in the wheelchair was killing doctor doom robots with dinner plates.
>>
>>64647724
>Goldsman
You can't make this shit up
>>
I doubt it's going to get made at this point regardless
>>
File: 1441893301660.png (4KB, 368x376px) Image search: [Google]
1441893301660.png
4KB, 368x376px
>>64647724
>Goldman
>>
>some jew writes a bait article about some sjw shit
>links it to TV
>retards click on it
>profit
>>
all you can do as a consumer is boycott movies/tv (and the advertisers that support them) with "progressive" casting like this. make it literally not worth doing.
>>
I'm not TV but I don't care. I imagine people who haven't read it, myself included, don't give two horse shits.

Just sucks for the fans of the source material, who are now racist if they aren't cool with this.
I'm black, and I'm not for shoehorning black actors into specifically white roles. It stinks of an agenda - never of a passion for the source material. The Dark Tower is not a lesser work because it was written with a white protagonist, it's not something that needs changing and creates a blindingly obvious disconnect between the film and fans of the franchise because race is the first thing you notice about a person, racist or not.

I don't know though, if you're a fan of the series do you reckon a black actor would ruin this character? Or at least start the film off on the wrong foot?
>>
>>64647724
I wouldn't mind Daniel Day Lewis as Roland to be honest. I think he could fit, granted the age might be a problem.
>>
>>64647724
A movie that follows the source material is completely unnecessary.
>>
>>64648119
>I don't know though, if you're a fan of the series do you reckon a black actor would ruin this character? Or at least start the film off on the wrong foot?

Definitely. Race is a major issue in the novels. At one point Roland travels to pre-civil rights movement America to recruit a black, female, mentally ill cripple.
>>
The question is... Why a nigger again?

Why not an Hispanic or Asian?
>>
p hates black people
>>
>>64648231

They don't exist to Hollywood.
>>
>>64648231
It would be to funny with an asian or hispanic.
> "Harro, my namu is Cowboy Rolandu."
> Hola, mi llamo es Roldando. Soy el Pistolero.
>>
>>64647724
The source material is absolute shit.
You faggots are worse than the sjws.
>>
>>64648231
>nigger
>woman
2015+1 = pick one or both
>>
>>64648231
Sicario would be a god tier Roland.
>>
>>64648444
trips for truth
>>
How cares? The Dark Tower series is shit anyway. Started out great, but lost steam around Wolves of Calla. Then King just rushed to the ending after getting hit by that van because he didn't want to die with it unfinished. And what did we get? Flagg getting blown the fuck out by some new bitch just to show how super bad ass the new bitch is. Seriously. Flagg gets built up for 30 fucking years to go out like that? What a load of shit. Not to mention that fucking ending. What a fucking hack. Dadachoke on my dick, King.
>>
It completely ruins the entire fucking story. I love Idris Elba. I think hes a fantastic actor but he doesnt fit the fucking part. What is so hard to understand about that?
>>
>>64648119
Making the actor black ruins one of the most imteresting parts of the series. It completely changes the race dynamics between Roland and Odetta, not to mention parts of the story when they time travel.
>>
>>64648193
>Split personality of said character is deeply distrustful of and antagonistic towards Roland and Eddie primarily because they are 'honky mahfahs'
>"Race is irrelevant, you cis-het shitlords!"
>>
Imagine if a black character from any novel, play, movie, etc, was changed to a white person. There would be a shit storm to end all shit storms and the studios would immediately give in. The unnecessary application of this forced diversity nonsense and the hypocrisy of the people who are championing it is what pisses me off the most.
>>
I just finished the Wolves of the Calla. Please tell me this shit gets better.
>>
File: 1363838712906.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1363838712906.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
>>64648685
>Dadachoke on my dick, King.

I know this is pasta but I still giggle at this line every time.
>>
>>64649863
The story only becomes more bizarre and confusing as the beams are deteriorated
>>
>>64647831
your the one with the narrative and the sad agenda m8
>>
>>64647724

Idris wouldn't even be close to right. I personally think Dennis Quaid would be damn near perfect. He's at that age where he looks like a grizzled cowboy.
>>
File: 888888 JEWS.png (708KB, 641x914px) Image search: [Google]
888888 JEWS.png
708KB, 641x914px
>>64647724
>goldsman
>>
>>64647724
What? James Bond is gonna become a cowboy? I cannae believe dat!
>>
>>64647724

>Goldsman
>>
>>64647724
>implying the dark tower isnt a metaphor for his dick.

Reeeeeeeee~
>>
>>64647724

>the source material

So Lord of the Rings? Because that's all this shit is.
>>
>>64647883

I feel the same, only when I spent $50 on the special edition of Wizards and Glass.
>>
This is the guy who wrote Batman & Robin.
>>
>>64653394
that seems like a dramatic oversimplification...
>>
>>64653531

It's not.

The series was chiefly inspired by the poem "Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came" by Robert Browning, whose full text was included in the final volume's appendix. In the preface to the revised 2003 edition of The Gunslinger, King also identifies The Lord of the Rings, Arthurian Legend, and The Good, the Bad and the Ugly as inspirations. He identifies Clint Eastwood's "Man with No Name" character as one of the major inspirations for the protagonist, Roland Deschain. King's style of location names in the series, such as Mid-World, and his development of a unique language abstract to our own (High Speech), are also influenced by J. R. R. Tolkien's work.

>ka-tet = fellowship
>>
>>64653559
Okay, here's the thing... You just listed the half dozen or so strong inspirations that contributed to King's creation of The Dark Tower.

Your original post said
>Lord of the Rings? Because that's all this shit is.

As you've just acknowledged in your well-informed and well-stated second post, his inspirations included Robert Browning's "Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came", Arthurian Legend, and The Good The Bad and The Ugly.

Seeing as those other inspirations are critical to the creation of the world, saying that
>Lord of the Rings is all this is
is a dramatic oversimplification

as I said.
>>64653531
>>
>>64653559

You aren't picking up on the fact the LOTR is mentioned far more in the citation?

K.
>>
>>64653724
see
>>64653780
>>
>>64648231
Because Hispanics and Asians don't bitch about every little thing like niggers do
>>
>reading genre fiction
Are you guys really getting fanny flustered over pulp trash?
>>
File: 1371475249360.jpg (114KB, 634x674px) Image search: [Google]
1371475249360.jpg
114KB, 634x674px
>>64647724
Why is it always Idris Elba?
>>
>>64653811

Recommend me a book.
>>
>>64653780
>>64653803
Oh, I get that Lord of the Rings is a big deal in King's inspiration for the tower.

I'm just pointing out that since there are other inspirations (literally ANY other inspirations), that saying
>Lord of the Rings is all it is
is a dramatic oversimplification.

Seriously, why are we arguing about this?
>>
>>64653910
Not that guy, but right now I'm reading Edward Abbey's The Monkey Wrench Gang. It is pretty terrific.

I also routinely recommend anything by Ken Kesey. His best known novel is One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, but my favorite novel of his (and my favorite novel overall) is Sometimes A Great Notion.
I'd recommend reading Cuckoo's nest before Sometimes A Great Notion though. They're both great.
>>
>>64653910
The Stranger by Albert Camus
Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway
>>
>>64653394
>So Lord of the Rings? Because that's all this shit is.
More like
>Lord of the Rings? Thats a major source of inspiration as Stephen King directly admits, but also instrumental in his creation are "Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came, T.S. Elliot's The Wastelands, Le Mort de Arthur and the Arthurian tradition, plus Clint Eastwood's spaghetti westerns.
Fix'd
>>
>>64653980

I fucking love Ed Abbey. I haven't read that one but Desert Astaire is excellent.

>>64653947

Nah, it's LOTR. On drugs.

>>64654003

The Stranger was fucking gay.
Ernest Hemingway is pure trash.
>>
>>64654042

The poem was "inspirational" (read : ripped off) for character and title names.

The plot was ripped off from LOTR, which was in turn ripped off from Wagner.

Plus The Dark Tower is retarded. The only good book is the 3rd one.
>>
>>64647724
>Black men were kingz 'n pharaohs 'n sheeet
Then why don't black people write their own fantasy saga?
>>
>>64654054

*desert solitaire
>>
>>64654003
>Farewell to Arms
I hated A Farewell to Arms.

I really like most Hemingway, and seeing as this one was about his time ambulance driving in WWI, and provided a lot of background to the two main characters from The Sun Also Rises (My favorite Hemingway book), I was really looking forward to it.

But I thought it was terrible. I've liked pretty much every other Hemingway novel I read. I loved The Sun Also Rises and For Whom the Bell Tolls... I wasn't crazy about Across the River and Into the Trees, but that's from near the end of his career, and was generally alright.

I also quite liked Death in the Afternoon, though that's non-fiction... Reading The Sun Also Rises really got me interested in the bull fights, and Death in the Afternoon slaked my thirst for knowledge on the topic.

But yeah... I hated A Farewell to Arms.
>>
>>64653811
>literal retard from some obscure sub-chan no one even know exists is anally devastated that people have different tastes than his mandatory freshman reading garbage
>>
>>64654092
>The plot was ripped off from LOTR, which was in turn ripped off from Wagner.
not arguing with any of this. Just saying that
>Lord of the Rings? That's all this shit is
is a dramatic oversimplification.

Seriously... just look at the words
>That's all this shit is
>ALL this shit is
>ALL

that implies that there is no other inspiration, literally, that the dark tower is ONLY The Lord of The Rings.

Obviously this is not true. Only The Lord of the Rings is The Lord of the Rings.

The Dark Tower is The Lord of the Rings, plus a bunch of other shit, as literally everyone in this thread has repeatedly acknowledged.

Words have meaning. All means all.

Lord of the Rings is NOT all it is.
>>
>>64654147

Dramatic? Really? K.

>that implies that there is no other inspiration,

Yes.

>that the dark tower is ONLY The Lord of The Rings

Yes.
>>
>>64654147
>as literally everyone in this thread has repeatedly acknowledged.
well i'm in this thread, and i haven't acknowledged it.
>>
>>64654195

He was just dramatically oversimplifying because words have meaning.
>>
>>64648231
At one point Jarvier Bardem was in talks I believe. He's no young Clint Eastwood but I think he would have done great.
>>
COME COME COMALLA is now a freestyle rap and jungle dance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RN0TxDa-SX8

Randall Flagg is now modeled after Donald Trump
>>
>>64649863
Turn back now.
>>
File: Crimson_King_Dark_Tower.jpg (85KB, 390x600px) Image search: [Google]
Crimson_King_Dark_Tower.jpg
85KB, 390x600px
>>64649863

The sixth book is easily the worst of the series.

I would encourage you to finish, you came so very far already.

The scene when Roland gets to the tower and shouts out all of the names and Oy's death are moving.

Other parts are not so good like Stephen King himself being an actual character and the addition of Mordred as the main villain - Crimson King is revealed as a total weakling Santa Claus look a like who is trapped in the tower and throws Sneetches at Roland while screaming "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

All in all it was a good series books 3 and 4 (I know not everyone likes this one) being my favorite.

Ayuh say thankya big nig.
>>
Fucking kike ruining the story to push his agenda

Roland's Whiteness is important to the story
>>
>>64647883

Don't forget that the Dr. Doom robots were using lightsabers and snitches-bombs from Harry Potter. :^)

Holy shit, Wolves of the Calla was so fucking bad. How did it even get published?
>>
>>64654498

>hey bro you should keep reading, let me spoil some shit for you

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>64654559

He clearly says you should stop reading, dumb dumb.
>>
>>64648231
That's the thing that always amazes me.

"Diversity" to these people means blacks.

Even when I was a kid movies and TV basically acted like there were two races in America: whites and blacks, and the rest were tiny minorities.

I was fucking shocked when I learned they made up less than 20% of the population.
>>
>>64654498
I really hate that the CK ended up being a crazy Santa Claus trapped on a balcony.
>>
>>64654637

I was talking about anon, not Stephen King you fucking goofster.
>>
>>64649863
ending of the last book is the beginning of the first one
everything is cycle
there, I made you a favor
>>
>>64648231
>Why not an Hispanic or Asian?

those two groups are mainly immigrants, in the back of many americans head they are not considered 'true and old americans' but 'new americans'. Also most of the hispanics in hollywood are pretty much white with a LIGHT tan and a hispanic accent.
>>
>>64654559

Hey bro, both of these scenes have already been shown in the books he has read as a flashforward from a crystal ball.

Thanks bro.
>>
I'd be fine with Idris Elba, he's a great actor. But he should still play the character white
>>
>>64654682

Yes, so was I. Why would I be talking about King? Are you retarded?

>The sixth book is easily the worst of the series.
>>
>>64653880
Likeable Black Brit who can actually act rather than scream or pull funny faces.
>>
>>64647724
As long as Sussanah is a white female opressed by niggers,i wouldn't mind
>>
>>64648119
This would be like if they made a Things Fall Apart adaptation and made Okonkwo a white guy.
>>
>>64654003
>baby's first existential crisis the book
>>
>>64655173
I would watch that shit.
>>
after reading this thread I dont feel like keep reading anymore (havent started woolves of calla yet)
>>
>>64655393
Stop at Wizard and glass.

It was supposed to end there.
King should have been killed by that van on the side of the road.
>>
File: 1452338673164.jpg (59KB, 1262x531px) Image search: [Google]
1452338673164.jpg
59KB, 1262x531px
>>64647724
If Scott Eastwood doesn't play Roland Deschain in the upcoming adaptation then I'll probably kill myself. The guy was practically born in order to fulfill this role.
>>
>>64647797

i dont go to /pol

please can someone explain why jewes like black men in lead roles?
>>
>>64656702
Why'd I never think of this? I now fully subscribe to your way of thinking.
>>
The source material is racist, you stupid fucks. We're trying to amend that.
>>
>>64654868
Wait, Mordred had a human torso with spider legs? I always just pictured him as a big ass spider.
>>
>>64657510
He was a were-spider, he switches between human and spider form.
>>
Oh boy i bet this is gonna be just as good as I Am Legend.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.