[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Last Unicorn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: 2013-08-19-LUSU.jpg (218KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
2013-08-19-LUSU.jpg
218KB, 500x270px
>you could never give me what i really want
>no, i cannot turn you into something your not, i cannot make you a real magician

Are there any children's films released in the 21st century that come anywhere close to this masterpiece?

Also GOAT childrens movies thread.
Don't say star wars ill fucking kill you.
>>
File: 201505_animals_nimh1_hero_970.jpg (53KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
201505_animals_nimh1_hero_970.jpg
53KB, 970x545px
Secret of NIMH "You and I touch the sky the eagle and the dove..."
>>
>>64645704
one of the best
>>
>>64645704
Secret of NIHM is amazing as well.

Iron Giant is another favorite of mine.
>>
File: Bambi.jpg (57KB, 500x331px) Image search: [Google]
Bambi.jpg
57KB, 500x331px
This moment
>>
>>64645586
That's a unicorn anon, not a GOAT.

But is it really a masterpiece? I saw it added on Netflix and was baffled that something that appealing looking was never introduced to me as a child. Is it actually a good story and not just a unicorn cartoon?

>tfw I watched Legend for the first time at 22 instead of 8.
>>
>>64645892
Its an incredible tale of growth.

Every segmant speaks about a different aspect of humanity, and after watching it over and over i see it as a great observation of our own mortality as humans.

Its fucking good.
>>
>>64645704
Probably this or Totoro
>>
>>64645586
that unicorn was a stuck up bitch
good movie though
>>
>>64645586
>>>/mlp/
>>
>>64645961
This is a good example of how strange 4chan's culture is. Actual sincerety just seems like 10/10 bait. Poe's law I guess.

Thanks though, now I'm excited to watch it tonight.
>>
>>64645586
Thanks op, ill check ot out.
>>
File: rikki tiki tavi.jpg (53KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
rikki tiki tavi.jpg
53KB, 620x465px
Rikki Tikki Tavi
>>
>>64645871
DRIP DRIP DROP LITTLE APRIL SHOWER
>>
>>64645892

It's pretty good and dark for a children's movie. It's also out on BD which makes watching older animation very satisfying.
>>
>>64646044
>inb4 underage faggot

But yes, it's truly a fucking 10/10 movie. Great VAs, great animation, and on top of it all the screenwriters did an amazing job at adapting it from its source materials.
>>
>>64646096
>>64646141
It also has a GOAT soundtrack.

Defenitely check it out, ever since it came to netflix i have been recommending it to everyone i know.
They think im a /mlp/ shitlord at first but then they watch the movie.
>>
>>64646173
I've never seen this one actually, ill have to find a torrent and check it out.
>>
>>64645586
the animation on this was terribly cheap
but the voices and story were fantastic, I remember Christopher Lee saying he wanted to do a live version
too bad it'll never happen now
>>
Is this the best scene in the entire movie? The sheer sadness at the beggining and then forgiving the unicorn for not coming to her when she was at the cusp of her life is simply heartbreaking:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHvWmJREROY
>>
>>64646020
Why? Because she was anti furry and wouldnt let the princee fuck her? Does it urt your furry sensibilites anon?
>>
>>64646438
I agree.
>>
>>64646438
So many powerful scenes in this movie

>the harpy
>every time Shmendrik tries to magic
>Molly
>Haggard telling the tale of his happiness
>the red bull
>>
File: Watership_down_cover.jpg (56KB, 400x564px) Image search: [Google]
Watership_down_cover.jpg
56KB, 400x564px
watership down
>>
>>64646904
both the book and movie are based
>>
>>64646904
That film make me cry for some reason i dunno why. It really dark and fucked up in places. Pretty good.
>>
flight of dragons is another 80's animated classic
>>
>>64647133
Maybe you cried because it's a sad movie and it was supposed to get an emotional reaction
>>
File: Animals_of_farthing.jpg (61KB, 398x234px) Image search: [Google]
Animals_of_farthing.jpg
61KB, 398x234px
If you are after dark disturbing kids cartoons than the animals of farthing wood is pretty good, i remember being disturbed by the gore in it.
>>
>>64647254
Yeah but people always give you shit for crying over films especially animated ones but to me its genuinly moving, especially the end.
>>
>>64647410
Nothing wrong with a good cry every now and then. The whole point of tragedies is to purge emotion.
>>
>>64647563
I dont think its about purging more than it genuinly moving but thanks. I do find a lot of animated movies are better at this then live action ones (maybe thats because most live action are hollywood)
>>
>>64645892
Yes, yes it is. The book goes more into it, but the movie is still great. There are parts in the movie that grow with you, or don't really impact you until you're older. For example, this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHvWmJREROY
>>
File: ernest-and-celestine.jpg (536KB, 1777x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ernest-and-celestine.jpg
536KB, 1777x1000px
No mention of Ernest & Celestine yet?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.