[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Force Awakens - 93%

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: Tomato.png (181KB, 728x324px) Image search: [Google]
Tomato.png
181KB, 728x324px
How does this shit make sense at all? I generally enjoyed the movie, but just too many complaints for that high a score. Anyone who says otherwise is just a nostalgic faggot lying to themselves.

I'd probably put it in the 60-70% range. Good, not great.
>>
That's probably because nowadays, they count some fanboy bloggers as legit critics. Doesn't every Marvel movie score like 75+?
>>
>reviews are bought
WOAH NO FUCKING WAY
>>
>>64634404
>they count some fanboy bloggers as legit critics.

Why would this be a bad thing though? Certainly fans of a series are more qualified to critique a product they care about than a paid critic.
>>
>>64634479
Sort of like how every Halo and COD game automatically gets a 9.5/10
>>
>>64634596
Because they disregard any flaw the movie might have and give it a positive review because it's [insert fanboy's favourite franchise]
>>
>>64634596
are you kidding? fans of a franchise are the worst people to go for when you're trying to assess the quality of a product in that franchise. everything is either amazing or awful, there's no in between, and they're susceptible to being duped by massive amounts of fanservice.
>>
>>64634596
>Why would this be a bad thing though?
B/c fanboy bias. Not reviewing objectively.
>>
Woah, a good movie got a good review?

Fascinating.
>>
>>64634622
Haven't the past few Halo and CoDs been in the 80s? That's not a spectacular score as far as video games go.
>>
>>64634404
It's almost as if that's not how Rotten Tomatoes works. It means that 93% of people who saw it liked it, not that it's a 9/10.

If everybody who saw it gave it a 6-7, as you said, then it'd have a 100% rating because technically they all "liked" it.
>>
>>64634404
If you don't love it then you're a racist :^)
>>
Percentage means whether it was a good movie or not.

Is it hard to believe 93% of critics liked the movie?
>>
>>64634404
It was a fantastic, well-made film. It makes perfect sense to have that score.
>>
>>64634777
>Is it hard to believe 93% of critics liked the movie?
Uhhh, yea. It's literally Marvel capeshit with the Force and lightsabers instead of Iron Man and Cpt America
>>
>>64634740
93% is near perfect. TFA is not THAT good, sir.
>>
the entire thing is carried by the fact that it's not as bad as the prequels. characters have emotions, dialogue isn't endless shot-reverse shot, no hamfisted political commentary, etc.

it's still not a very good movie, 60% at best. i think people will be a little more critical when it comes out on bluray, but for now people are riding the high of Star Wars being in cinemas again.
>>
File: 1439273073458.jpg (37KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1439273073458.jpg
37KB, 400x386px
>>64634872

>He doesn't know what RT percentages represent

Just destroy this board now.
>>
>>64634404
Yeah I think it's weird how people are forgiving all the flaws of the film just b/c it happens to be a good Star Wars movie.

I liked it a whole lot but I felt like it deserved to be in the 80% range or so.
>>
are the shills out in full force?
TFA was beyond bad.
>>
ITT: People that don't understand how the Tomato Meter works. The % is useless. It just tells you what percentage of critics gave it a good review. It doesn't say HOW good.

The "Average Rating" is far more important. It is quite possible to have a movie with 85% Fresh but only 6.2 rating. Because a 6 is still a fresh...so a ton of reviews think its a "good but not great movie" it will have a high % but not a high rating.

For Example, lets compare The Force Awakens to Mission Impossible Rogue Nation. Both have 93% Fresh. But Force Awakens has an 8.2 while Mission Impossible has a 7.5 average rating. So while the same PERCENTAGE of reviewers liked both movies, they liked TFA better than MI:RN.
>>
The actual score is 8.2.
>>
>>64635043
Octopus hallway scene gave me douche-chills. Worst part of the movie for sure.
>>
>>64634872

HOLY FUCK IS THIS BOARD ACTUALLY THIS RETARDED?

My god...I am actually baffled as to how so many morons here can be so irrationally elitist against something solely because it's popular, and then submit posts like this which are shockingly dumb.
>>
>>64635113
This. It felt like a perfect moment to slow down, let the audience take in the Jakku act and have a comfy Falcon scene while catching up with Han. Instead we got Kanjiklub
>>
>>64635104
Still too high, TFA is a 7/10 tops and that's being generous.
>>
RT percentage is a shitty measure because it weighs "BEST MOVIE EVAR" the same as "yeah it's pretty good I guess".
>>
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLS
>>
>>64635167
hello reddit

i agree with what you said but please go back to reddit
>>
>>64635113
>>64635172
Are you guys me? I thought TFA was overall pretty damn good for basically a big blockbuster movie but that scene was completely unnecessary.

I thought it was kinda weird my first viewing actually and the CGI on those alien tentacle monsters was actually really bad,
>>
>>64635177
Ok I'll let rt know.
>>
>>64634404
Chris Stuckman's Age of Ultron review:
>It's not a good movie, but I'll still give it a 5/5 for its action scenes and strong dialogue!

RT is a joke.
>>
>>64635172
>Instead we got Kanjiklub
And a wasted moment with that guy from The Raid who did absolutely nothing but yap in some foreign language
>>
>>64635113
Nah. More like that interrogation scene where Kylo and Rey stare at each other for a full minute. People in my theater laughed.
>>
>>64635704
Hey man, that was a crucial scene. Her force awakened.
>>
>>64635364

Most reviewers are. People need to get over the idea that someone can't be swayed by pressures and biases just because they get a paycheck to write reviews.
>>
>>64634404
>R-RT REVIEWS ARE BOUGHT
Do any of you have even a single fucking proof to back this?

I want to believe you btw
>>
>>64637822
It's their job to review movies, so with a movie like this, they're going to take the popular opinion side.

There is no proof they were actually bought, but I wouldn't be surprised if Disney paid certain reviews to say certain things. No proof yet though, so we'll have to see.

I can however, totally buy Youtube reviewers eating up the movie for subscriber count. It's their job to review, so they have to appease the general audience and say what most people agree with. It's all about money.
>>
>>64634404
Nostalgia
>>
I really liked it both times I saw it but wouldn't score it so highly. It was fun to watch, I had a lot of questions I was asking after I saw it. I understand the complaints but I'm not a Star Wars autist, I just thought it was a decent start to a new trilogy.

Fury Road was a better movie.
>>
File: 1390188550026.png (13KB, 536x498px) Image search: [Google]
1390188550026.png
13KB, 536x498px
>>64634404
i wonder who sponsors such fine review scores
>>
File: 1451677127592s.jpg (3KB, 124x125px) Image search: [Google]
1451677127592s.jpg
3KB, 124x125px
>>64634596
Fanboys are unbiased. Suuuurrrreeee.
>>
>>64634404
The average rating is 8.2/10 you tard.

93% of reviewers gave it a fresh rating, which is a positive review.
>>
>implying it's necessary to buy reviews when your movie already made all the money in the world in toy sales before it even came out
>>
>>64637822
You can't prove that doctors are being persuaded to push drugs even in situations where they're not the best choice, but we all know it happens.

You can't prove that politicians are getting directly rewarded for passing legislation that benefits certain companies, but we all know it happens.

You can't prove that the news production teams of a given TV channel slant their coverage to please their advertisers, but we all know it happens.
>>
>>64635167
>dat pathetic angst
fag
>>
>>64634932
This

Im just tired of explaining that shit over and over again. Let it all burn.
>>
>>64634795
Troll harder
>>
>>64642539
>Has an opinion different to mine
>M-must be trolling
>>
Fanboism have to go
https://youtu.be/kNuqCblsMDU
>>
>>64642202
except those are facts. You've proven nothing about reviews getting bought unless one day you find a video of a youtuber crying he didn't get his Disney check.
>>
>>64635096

this was less of a problem before movie critics started turning into video game media, where you review with the consensus lest you piss off readers
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.