[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did they go with such a young woman for the voice of a 1000

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: Maz-xlarge.jpg (96KB, 1280x721px) Image search: [Google]
Maz-xlarge.jpg
96KB, 1280x721px
Why did they go with such a young woman for the voice of a 1000 year old character?

It sounded like she couldn't decide whether to use her normal voice or try to sound forcedly old. Terrible casting decision when they could've used pretty much any old actress.
>>
>>64553578
>young women can't be old
when will the misogyny end?
>>
My name is Bolo Santosi. I am the leader of the revolutionary army known as The Reapers. Our goal is for the people of Panau to break the chains of oppression and rise up as one.
>>
Just watched this last night and I thought the same thing. This character was awful, a CGI excuse to make use of Lupita Ngoynonyo or wtf her name is.

Why the fuck did she need to be 1,000 years old?

Oh, because Yoda was 900 and everything in TFA is just a copy but BIGGER, BETTER, FASTER PACED AND MORE DIVERSE than the OT.
>>
>>64553638
Tell that to Maggie
>>
My name is Rags Santos. I am known as the Grim Reaper Revolutionary Army leaders. We are drawn to people like that looks like a stand-up ... and break the chains of oppression.
>>
>>64553672
They thought the age would add credibility. I dunno, her role was so small literally anyone could've been her. Like Ahsoka lel
>>
>>64553657
>>64553751

Explain this meme.
>>
>>64553829

Good question.

For another time :^)
>>
>>64553829
well I can't speak for the other guy but I just sort of thought she sounded like Bolo Santosi from Just Cause 2
>>
>>64553822

Even if she was "only" 120 years old it would be enough credibility.

I agree with the other poster, it's obvious that they just made her older because they wanted to one-up yoda. Death star? Well our doomsday device is FIVE TIMES LARGER AND CAN HIT 5 PLANETS AT ONCE.

The fact that she is older than yoda actually hinders her credibility. Why didn't she train in the force with the jedi if she is actually force-sensitive and was around for 1000 years? I mean, what else to do? I mean euugh, fuck, the inconsistencies just keep on piling up.

The more I think about this movie the more try-hard and pandering it seems. Even the John Williams score was generic and uninspired, which is a feat for star wars.
>>
>>64553578
I had no idea who she was, what she was, what she was supposed to be doing other than running some waterhole, and apparently shes some force knower and has lukes light saber

like, am I supposed to be impressed by her wisdom or some shit?
>>
JJ is a fucking idiot

This Magic Negro is one of many bad points in this rehash script

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magical_Negro
>>
>>64554475
>show blacks as savage or evil
>DAS RACISS
>show blacks as kind and helpful
>DAS RACISS

hmmmmmm...
>>
>>64553578
The entire thing made no sense, thematically and pacing wise either.
It was just a bunch of thrown together shit that reminded people of ANH.
>>
I hope we finally see her using her tiny yellow lightsaber and go town with it.
>>
File: Lupita_Nyong'o_Cannes_2015.jpg (48KB, 353x676px) Image search: [Google]
Lupita_Nyong'o_Cannes_2015.jpg
48KB, 353x676px
>>64553578
>hire a talented young, Oscar-winning actress for your movie
>instead of having her appear onscreen, get her to play an ugly CGI old woman alien (despite her having no experience playing CGI creatures)
>hire a nobody whose most notable role was playing a corpse on TV
>make her the main character
Bravo JJ
>>
>>64554475
Stop pushing this meme. It's a cartoon CGI alien
>>
She felt like one of those talking animal characters in disney movies with a celebrity voice actress.
>>
>>64553578
HAAAAAN SOOOOOLOOO! *holds up lightsaber*

My name is Maz Kanata, but you can call me "Chewbacca's girlfriend". As you can see, I'm pretty much blind. That's why I came here, because I got lost. I'm over 1000 years old (Mature for my age though! Haha!) and I like to hand out legendary Jedi weapons to random people (I'm really wise, so deal with it).

In my spare time I give advice to protagonists from desert planets with my friend Yoda. He's wise too, of course. But I'd like to meet other wise, ancient beings. Like they say: The more, the merrier!

Anyways, if someone could tell me the way to the Outer Rim, that would be nice.

*harbours First Order spies* <--- Me being wise again. O_O

So long and may the force be with you,

The Annoying Orange
>>
>>64554533
Silly white man! when will you learn you can't win anymore?

Also checked.
>>
>>64555459
i'll allow this
>>
>>64554012
konichiwa reddit !
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.