[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I've outrun imperial starships, not the local cruisers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: HanChillinAtChalmuns-ANH.jpg (65KB, 606x900px) Image search: [Google]
HanChillinAtChalmuns-ANH.jpg
65KB, 606x900px
>I've outrun imperial starships, not the local cruisers mind you, I'm talking about the big Corellian ships

What did he mean by this?
All the big imperial ships were made by Kuat Drive Yards, around the planet Kuat. If he was referring to ships made by the Corellian Engineering Corporation, they sold their ships almost solely to civilians, and were only used as a small subcontractor by the imperials for building Kuat designed ships.
>>
File: Ogre.jpg (42KB, 400x353px) Image search: [Google]
Ogre.jpg
42KB, 400x353px
>>64548002
>>
Fuck off nerd. No one over the mental age of 12 gives a shit about Shit wars. Take it to one of the other 50 threads
>>
>>64548002
not canon
>>
He said "Imperial Starships" which doesn't necessarily mean "Imperial Warships." The Empire needs to transport goods and materials just like anybody else. Technically even a CR90 Corvette would qualify as this.

Bragging that you can outrun heavy freighters in a small freighter isn't very impressive, though.
>>
>>64548034
>No one over the mental age of 12 gives a shit about Shit wars
>85% of the threads on /tv/ are star wars for the last 2 months before it even came out
that explains a lot
>>
>>64548002

Probably referring to the ZD-9300
>>
>>64548002
(psst) A human man wrote this and then filmed it, it is not true.
>>
>implying all that shit had been established at that point.

In 1977 Vader was a Sith Lord and had no master but had a political equal in Tarkin, Ben never saw R2 or 3PO before, Luke and Leia were NOT related, and Chewie never fought alongside Yoda.
>>
>>64548233
http://starwars-exodus.wikia.com/wiki/ZD-9300_Corellian-class_Star_Destroyer

I had to look it up. It's like somebody wrote it into the EU just to make that one line of dialogue make sense.

Bravo, EU.
>>
>>64548341
the emperor was mentioned in ANH so you can infer from there that he literally had an autocratic master
>>
>>64548376

>butthurt Lando detected

The Falcon isn't yours anymore, space blackie
>>
>>64548376
>It's like somebody wrote it into the EU just to make that one line of dialogue make sense.

That really sums up 90% of the EU.
>>
>>64548341
>In 1977 Vader was a Sith Lord

A Sith Lord?
>>
>>64548341
There's all this, but then they specifically mention the clone wars

Did Georgie have an idea or ws it just a cool sounding name?
>>
>>64548388
That autocratic master was presented as Tarkin who had a cabal of people who talked down to Vader while doing whatever they want in spite of him. If the sith were in charge then that would not have been the case. To the contrary Admiral Motti even talks down to Vader and his religion in a condescendinng tone

Tarken was never presented as some sort of general; he was presented as the big boss while Vader was presented as being some sort of dark side equivalent of a space-pope.
>>
>>64548341
>no master
>the emperor has dissolved the senate
>>
>>64548440
See the pic of the card. In the 70's before Palpatine was introduced in Empire, Vader was presented as "the lord of the Sith" that implied that not only were there more of them, he was the alpha.

And that was before Ep.1 decided that there's always only two of them.

And by how Vader stopped choking Motti on Tarken's commands, Tarken was clearly the man in charge and Vader was basically evil-space-pope
>>
>>64548442
it was all just name dropping for the sake of world building. None of it had meaning outside of making you feel immersed in a complex world.
>>
>>64548341
>no master

>i have just received word that the Emperor has dissolved the council permanently
>>
>>64548442
He thought it sounded cool. The Clone Wars were originally this thing where a mad scientist had a clone army. Then there were the theories that Obi-Wan was a clone.
>>
>>64548464
Darth Vader seemed more like an inquisition force designed to hunt down enemies in unorthodox ways while still adhering to the power structure.
>>
>>64548464
The rough drafts did have an Emperor character, Tarkin himself went through numerous massive changes (at one point he was in the Rebels), eventually they cut the emperor character and elevated Tarkins role to make up for his disappearance. Tarkin essentilly is a disposable stand in for Sheev

Vader was of course, always present as the Big Bad villian
>>
>>64548341
Don't forget the biggest one, Darth Vader was a completely different individual from Anakin Skywalker.
>>
>>64548440
Yes, the one we've been looking for.
>>
>>64548542
It didn't say the Emperor was a sith and master over Vader THE LORD OF THE SITH

Tarkin had a master he answered to, but clearly vader operated on his own frequency.
>>
>>64548153
Those are just the reddit tourists...i hope. They'll soon find another bandwagon to jump onto.
>>
>>64548605
So the whole "your dad fought in the clone wars and was a good friend" didn't have any meaning behind it initially beyond "your dad was a cool dude so you might be too"? I assume they were leaving things open for later movies to eventually develop?

2bh I like how the whole sexology turned out, not the individual movies (AotC..) but the overarching plot
>>
>>64548605
Also Darth was his name, not a title.
>>
>>64548623
Are you literally retarded? Vader is part of the military, who are under the Emperor. It doesnt matter what Vader's religion is, the Emperor was still his superior.
>>
>>64548605
Annikin Starkiller was hardly analogous to Luke Skywalker, the screenplay barely resembles the end product
>>
>>64548715
Darth Vader was Obi Wans pupil who betrayed Anakin and murdered him
>>
>>64548442
It sounded cool at the time and it was simple world building.

Most of the shit in the prequels is either straight up retcons, or stuff he made up to fit the OT.

>I mentioned something called the clone wars, ok so now there is a war where clones are used
>Ok, so Emperor and Vader are 2 bad guys, where is the rest? Oh there is a rule of two, so there can't be more than two
>Wait, Vader tried to betray the Emperor and the Emperor wanted to betray Vade. That must mean that ALL sith always betray each other and that it wasn't just a character dynamic in the story!

It's stupid shit like that.
>>
>>64548752
More accurate to say he was part of the Imperial state with authority over the military. He's like a cardinal richelieu character
>>
>>64548752
Actually the Emperor's role wasn't defined at that time, and in many of the initial drafts he was just a figurehead placed there by the bureaucracy.
>>
>>64548605
All you need to do is look at Ben's face when he tells Luke the story about his father, if you can't see he's lying you have autism
>>
>>64548715
Nope, it didn't have any meaning. He literally meant that a man named Darth Vader betrayed and murdered Anakin. It wasn't intended to have that "from a certain point of view" thing. Though honestly, I think I liked how that played out.

>>64548752
Don't be a wise-ass, you know what this talk about the Emperor not being Vader's master really means.
>>
>>64548996
Except that twist hadn't been written yet, so either you're wrong or Alec Guinness decided on his own that Obi-Wan was lying for no reason.
>>
>>64548996
That might be so, but Darth Vader was still never Luke's father until the Lucas made the final script changes to Episode V. Originally, Episode V was meant to be exactly the same as what we got, but didn't have the "I am your father part". Lucas added it because he felt it needed to have something with an impact in the end.

In fact, several things were most likely on the table. While this was probably just to hide the twist when James Earl Jones would do the dubbing later, during the scene, David Prowse as Vader delivered the line as:

>"Obi-Wan never told you about what happened to your father"
>"He told me enough, he told me you killed him."
>"No, Obi-Wan killed your father."

If that was the fake line delivered, I don't think it's much of a stretch that it was on the table at one point while coming up with the film. Imagine how different things would be if that was the big reveal.
>>
>>64548996
That's the "remembering a distant, nostalgic past" face you autist.
>>
>>64548996
Looks like you're a special snowflake with prescience and everyone else has autism.

It's true bro, you're special.
>>
>>64548996
You're right, with these pottery scenes added you can clearly tell this fucker was a lying cunt that is reliving his lie of being the good guy despite leaving Annie to die a slow agonising death by burns and stealing his saber: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7RNSecaI_4
>>
>>64548996
Lucas planned for Luke's father to appear in Dagobah.
Then he realized he would essentially have three similar characters, and it was kinda redundant.
Guess he didn't thought of it when creating Qui-Gon.
>>
>>64548002
Wow this is as bad as "Big Guy for you"
>>
File: koire.gif (617KB, 400x229px) Image search: [Google]
koire.gif
617KB, 400x229px
>>64548002
>Extended Universe
>>
>>64548002
the way he seductively fingers the wall in this scene is so erotic
>>
File: 1451539937128.jpg (12KB, 379x301px) Image search: [Google]
1451539937128.jpg
12KB, 379x301px
>>64548002
Can someone who knows about Star Wars explain what, if anything, makes the millenium falcon special?

Is it just a hodgepodge of great parts? Is it essentially a hatchback with a jet turbine strapped to the roof?
>>
>>64551103

Plot armor. In ANH and ESB it was just a shitty freighter that was bretty fast due to being extensively modified with aftermarket parts. It wasn't until RotJ and the subsequent EU that it was deified into becoming the fastest ship ever in life.
>>
>>64551103
the pilot
>>
>>64548464
that's because no one knows that Palpatine is a Sith outside of him.
Vader is ex Jedi and he is treated that way because of the Jedi "rebellion" and how they were exterminated for trying to kill Palpatine.
>>
>>64548464
Did I ever tell you about how the Moffs used to hold Mofferences in a Mofference room?
>>
Never saw this shot of Indiana Jones, which movie is it?
>>
>Discussing a movie franchise lore
>Expecting it to make any sense.

Fucking neckbears I swear
>>
>>64549191
Interesting, but if this WAS the case, what could Luke do? Ben was already dead, maybe Luke would've yelled at his ghost for a few hours.
>>
>>64548542
>>i have just received word that Sheev has dissolved the council permanently
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.