[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I have a cover of a Roy Orbison song in my film that is less

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: roy.jpg (8KB, 191x263px) Image search: [Google]
roy.jpg
8KB, 191x263px
If I have a cover of a Roy Orbison song in my film that is less than a minute long, with some interruption. how likely am I to get in trouble without having the rights
>>
Unlikely since nobody will see your film and you probably won't profit off it. I don't know how much his estate cares or how profitable Orbison is in 2016 but I wouldn't want that kind of problem

Which song?
>>
>>64527969
If you make a lot of money on the movie you will definitely get in legal trouble.
If only your mother watches it, then I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
>>64528071
Swine God
>>
>>64527969
You can't just 'DO' things in this world.. You have to get permission for everything.
>>
It's a risk. I don't know who owns the rights to Orbison's work but the estate seems to be fairly active. There was a nice box set of his recordings a few years ago.
>>
>>64527969
pwned my Global Media Corp is what'll happen and you'll flip burgers for the rest of your life
>>
The song I wanted to do was "crying."

Honestly no money is gunna come from this but I wanted to submit it to some festivals and I wasn't sure if that was gunna cause a problem
>>
sent a copy of this thread to the orbison estate just so they know what's going on here
>>
>>64528532
If it's submitted to festivals you need rights. If it's just for making it you don't need any permission. I think you can use 10 seconds of a song for free?
>>
Lynch will probably be mad that you stole his idea
>>
I love Roy but it's kind of cliche using his music in an indie film. Been done a like a hundred times by Lynch, Korine, Tarantino and lots others.
>>
>>64527969
Nobody will care
>>
>>64528987
When did Tarantino do it?
>>
>>64528532
>The song I wanted to do was "crying."
Gummo did it. Everyone will laugh at you.
>>
Damn really okay well I guess that scraps that. Is it really cliche to use it? I didnt know that, this one actor I had was messing around in rehearsal and he did such a good job hitting those notes I thought it might be cool to use that. Oh well, if it's cliche than maybe not using it is for the best
>>
>>64529182
Hateful Eight
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.