[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw OTfags and PTfags are finally resolving their differences

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: Lucas.jpg (2MB, 1333x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Lucas.jpg
2MB, 1333x2000px
>tfw OTfags and PTfags are finally resolving their differences to take a royal shit all over The Meme Awakens
Perhaps this is why Georgie-porgie sold all his shit for just $4 bil. This was his master plan.
>>
Most fans like it.
>>
5>6>7>4>---POWERGAP--->1=3>2
>>
>>64491989
Most fans are nostalgic idiots
>>
>>64491964
George did nothing wrong. He just wanted to tell a fun, adveturaous space story, maybe sell some toys, but autists and idiots took it too far and began to criticize him, demanding George to pay attention to their autismo needs. Now we have youtube women seeking attention and sucking off the anti-George tit.
>>
>>64492019
That's all Star Wars is.
>>
>>64491964
but NT>OT>PT so far senpai
>>
>>64492013
This is bait.

Number one was number one.
>>
>>64492049
If used correctly. TFA went beyond and demanded for you to pay attention because it was trying oh so hard to be STAR WARS!!! YEAH LOOK IT'S STAR WARS!
>I'm Han Solo! *winks*
YEEAHAHAH!! STAR WARS IS BACK STAR WARS! STAR WARS!!! NO JAR JAR IKKY DIALOGUES xD!!! NO MORE CGI!! JUST MUH PRACTICAL EFFECTS!!!
>>
I had a lot more respect for Lucas after I saw TFA than I did before I saw it. He was bold and tried to break new ground rather than just deliver easy fan service.

The Force Awakens was a more entertaining blockbuster on first watch than any of the prequel trilogy but it adds so little. It's just nostalgia product.
>>
>>64492013
4 > 3 > 5 > 6 > 1 > 2 > 7
>>
>>64492104
No way.
Are you 17?
>>
I just read a NYTImes article that put it perfectly

"It took a forgery for people to realize the original artist"
>>
>>64492111
>tfw no one will ever admit the practical effects looked like shit regardless
>>
>>64492141
official patrician ranking
>>
>>64492111
You really this mad at a flick?
>>
>>64492120
Outside of the typical criticism it faces, the prequels were mainly bashed because of it being new and not like the originals. George's recent Charlie Rose interview even confirms George's dislike of TFA because it tried too damn hard to be A New Hope.
>>
File: phantom menace space station.jpg (33KB, 480x217px) Image search: [Google]
phantom menace space station.jpg
33KB, 480x217px
>>64492111
>>64492208

The implication here is that Lucas ever wanted to be original. The Phantom Menace was just as much of a rehash of A New Hope as The Force Awakens. Lucas was 100% on board to make a retro film for fans. He ONLY tried being original (and completely fucking failed) after people complained about The Phantom Menace.
>>
>>64492331
The Phantom Menace added far more to the universe than TFA. In terms of locations and designs pretty much everything in TFA is just lifted from a previous movie. Most of TPM was new.
>>
>>64492331
>The Phantom Menace was just as much of a rehash of A New Hope as The Force Awakens.
Nah. Did you even watch TPM? Aside of call backs, it wasn't a direct rip off, a la TFA.
>>
File: 55.gif (999KB, 500x292px) Image search: [Google]
55.gif
999KB, 500x292px
>>64492173
>>
>>64492444
>>64492455

>old, wise jedi recruits new jedi from desert planet
>old wise jedi dies at the end
>protagonist blows up a big, round space station
>characters are accompanied by goofy comic relief

it's literally the exact same plot
>>
>>64492523
>Confuses plot with the hero's journey
>Ignoring the poetry
Sounds like someone's new to movies. xD!
>>
>>64492567

>implying everyone ITT isn't bawling their goddamn eyes out over the Starkiller and Han being just like Obi-Wan
>>
>>64492523
You're a doofus. They didn't even get to the desert planet until like 45 minutes in.
>>
>>64492523
There is more to a movie than basic plot structure. Visually speaking it is COMPLETELY different from the original movies. All the ships and technology were original designs and he expanded on the basic universe in a pretty fundamental way with the midiclorian shit.
>>
TPM focused methodically when it concentrated on its characters, allowing the audience to digest each scene.

TFA doesn't even focus and speeds through its way scene by scene, thereby disallowing the audience to follow, unless you're some "bing watching" autist who someone can process things at the speed of light.
>>
>>64492699
What a waste of dubs.
>>
>>64492523
Watch the behind the scene footage of Lucas working with the art department and costumes. He made an arsenal of things for TPM. Contrast that with TFA. I'm sure JJ spent a total of 15 minutes deciding if he wants Han Solo to wear his old jacket or new jacket.
>>
>>64492724
*tips chin fat*
>>
>>64492444
adding bullshit doesnt make it good
>>
>>64492639
>>64492751

Are you saying that a ball with a tube around it is better and more original than a ball with a trench in the middle?
>>
The Prequels finally made the fucking galaxy feel like one with aliens and planets and all.
>>
>>64492699
god you must be slow to not be able to follow a childrens movie. get over it jj made a better star wars film then any thing lucas ever put out
>>
>>64492699

TFA basically followed the Mahvel formulaic movie. fast paced generic popcorn movie
>>
>>64492898

>than anything lucas ever put out

Don't be retarded. TFA is better than the prequels, but it's not better than THX 1138, American Graffiti, or the OT.
>>
>>64492120
There's always been big blockbusters with obvious commercial motive, but nothing has screamed *this is a corporate product* to me to the extent TFA does.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 694x694px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 694x694px
5 > 4 > 6 > 3 > 7 = 1 = 2

RotS is a masterpiece of unintentional comedy
The other prequels, along with TFA, are shit
>>
>>64492835
A droid army is more original than more stormtroopers.
>>
>>64493026
This is the true patricians list, with the last three - 7,1,2 - being interchangeable as equal or greater than in any order
>>
>>64492831
I never said it was all good, but there is merit to trying to do something new rather than just rehash what has already been done.
>>
>>64492949
TFA is far worse.
>>
I'm going to reserve harsh judgment of TFA until I see 8. There's a stuff left unanswered and where they go with it will change my view of where it came from.

My view right now is that TFA was an overly safe foundation for the trilogy. I'll probably see it a fourth time though, family.
>>
Will we get something other than bland nostalgia baiting with Rian Johnson or will Disney keep him on too tight a leash?
>>
>>64493026
Eh this makes sense.
>>
Can we at least agree
4,5,6>3>1,2,7
is objectively correct, with the order of the ones in commas up to personal opinion?

I'd say 5>4=6>3>1=7>2
>>
File: CvKgaCo.jpg (45KB, 450x470px) Image search: [Google]
CvKgaCo.jpg
45KB, 450x470px
all of the star wars movies have good bits
>>
>>64493196
Does it matter? The foundation means that the rest will suck too dumbass
>>
>>64491964
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av8GjpGK98A

if you can watch something like this and not think that disney is ruining star wars you are just completely beyond help. the prequels look like masterpieces next to this.
>>
>>64493445
Why? It's basically a blank slate. He didn't add anything. Rian can do all the crazy shit.
>>
>>64493255
I'd say

5 > 4 = 7 >= 6 = 3 > 1 > 2
>>
>>64493474
>A cartoon that will only be watched by 9 year olds and autistic people is ruining star wars.
>>
>>64493497
Yes, a blank slate as in it basically erased everything that's happened in the previous 6 episodes

Star Wars is dead
>>
>>64493608
What was erased?
>>
>>64493474
How does this manage to look worse than The Clone Wars, an already shitty looking cartoon from last decade?
>>
>>64493627
>basic nature of the force
>the defeat of the empire
>the victory of the rebel alliance
>the romance of han and leia
>Luke's New Jedi Order
>Leia learning the ways of the force
>Luke and Han's friendship
>Luke Skywalker
>Han Solo
>Evolution of aircraft

why even bother calling it episode vii
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.